Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

Yeah, I know someone who went to their Bristol show and said it was incredible. Great live performers.

Out of interest, since I don't think I've ever listened to them, does anyone know where NoFX are likely to play slot-wise? And where do New Found Glory go now, are they probably subbing again or headlining another stage? Wouldn't say their stock has fallen at all since 2016.

So I've never been or even considered Slam Dunk before but I'm a masive Gallows fan and I think I might try to make it over for it this year.  But my main question is, is it logistically possible to go to both dates? Because if I'm going to fly over from Canada I want to be able to do at least both.

4 minutes ago, tbrock said:

So I've never been or even considered Slam Dunk before but I'm a masive Gallows fan and I think I might try to make it over for it this year.  But my main question is, is it logistically possible to go to both dates? Because if I'm going to fly over from Canada I want to be able to do at least both.

It’s is definitely doable. It’ll take around 3 hours to drive from Leeds down to Hatfield. 

Edited by Andre91

Hey thanks for the info, unfortunately I don't drive so I would be attempting to do it all via train/coach or whatever.  That said though it does seem to be fairly possible allbeit probably missing the first couple of bands on Sunday, thanks again though!

1 minute ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Yeah you'll have no problem. If you get a hotel the night before you should be able to get a reasonably early train/coach so that you'd still get there for mid-day. Bands didn't start until like 2pm this year and the Hatfield site is a stone's throw away from the train station. 

Oh not till 2pm, I was figuring that they would be on at like 12 (the website really contains no info).  Oh I shouldn't have any issue at all then, I can realistically get to hatfield at like 11:30 so all's good. Cheers 

1 hour ago, tbrock said:

Oh not till 2pm, I was figuring that they would be on at like 12 (the website really contains no info).  Oh I shouldn't have any issue at all then, I can realistically get to hatfield at like 11:30 so all's good. Cheers 

Had a look and looks like it was closer to 1PM than 2PM, but if can get there at 11.30 you should still be alright. 

1 minute ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Had a look and looks like it was closer to 1PM than 2PM, but if can get there at 11.30 you should still be alright. 

Yeah and even at that I don't mind missing like the first few bands if I have too.  Does Slam Dunk sell out often or am I alright to hold on and see what download and some of the mainland europe fests have on this year before I decide?

With a big site, I'm hoping the North doesn't sell out or come close. That way I can take my time about the whole decision to get tickets. This has probably been the one I've been most hesitant about going to, probably because it's a one dayer, and I'd rather do a weekend when I'm travelling for a bit.

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

With a big site, I'm hoping the North doesn't sell out or come close. That way I can take my time about the whole decision to get tickets. This has probably been the one I've been most hesitant about going to, probably because it's a one dayer, and I'd rather do a weekend when I'm travelling for a bit.

Yeah thats my thing, I have no issue coming over for a full weekend at Trees or Download or whatever but like if I'm coming over for this I need to do both days plus probably whatever warm up/stand alone shows people are playing to make it worth it. 

1 hour ago, tbrock said:

Yeah thats my thing, I have no issue coming over for a full weekend at Trees or Download or whatever but like if I'm coming over for this I need to do both days plus probably whatever warm up/stand alone shows people are playing to make it worth it. 

With the transport, definitely tell people at the North what your doing as I know there are a fair amount of people who will do both days, getting the car will save you a ton of time (and sleep)

Ugh, double bad news for me then. I loved the city site in Leeds, was great if you wanted to go out after or if you want to head to Spoons for a bit. Really feel like moving it to a park will ruin some of the atmosphere. Oh well.

Also not feeling that line up. Would see see Gallows (unless Frank comes out of no where), NFG and All Time Low but I'm not desperate to see any of them or nor am I going to get a ticket for them. I'll hold out for sure. Can certainly see TSSF getting announced soon and The Wonder Years and Seaway are both about to go on tours so I'm hoping they're booked.

EDIT: I forgot Joyce Manor but then again, I haven't been a fan of the past two albums so...

Edited by justanothername

7 hours ago, foolee said:

I think this is a pretty good start and there's alot more to come. When you look at what last years first announcement was compared to this year and the bands that got announced after the headliner there were some big bands that got announced so think it'll only improve too. My girlfriend will be very pleased!

Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday, Sleeping With Sirens, State Champs, Four Year Strong & Trash Boat. 

All Time Low, NOFX, New Found Glory, Gallows, Mad Caddies, Silverstein, Story of the Year, Waterparks.

Yeah but I love Four Year, like Trash Boat and just meh about JEW, State Champs and TBS while here it is just meh for Gallows, NFG and ATL :P

1 hour ago, tbrock said:

Yeah and even at that I don't mind missing like the first few bands if I have too.  Does Slam Dunk sell out often or am I alright to hold on and see what download and some of the mainland europe fests have on this year before I decide?

South doesn't usually sell out until around March/April sort of time, not even sure it did sell out with the bigger site this year, although with Midlands getting the chop that might mean it sells out, but even then I would be surprised if it sold out before March/April. That should give you plenty of time to see what the mainland fests and Download are doing, Hellfest/Nova Rock etc should give you a good idea of overall Download lineup even if only half the lineup is released by Jan/Feb. 

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Every time Gallows play a show, do people say "I know it's 1 in a million, but imagine if Frank came!"?

:ninja: 

maybe

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Mate, the last two Joyce Manor albums are their best two 8)

Out of all the posts you've made on this site, this is hands down the worst. Delete it

Edited by justanothername