Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

8 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Where did it say that they headlined arenas on their last tour?

It said it on Twitter. Exact words were ‘ 

The Key Club Stage will be a bit of a change for our Secret Special Guests this year at #SDF19....

On their last UK Headline tour they were playing in arenas...’

6 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I reckon it might be Architects if they aren’t busy. I could actually comprehend them agreeing to do this rather than someone like 21 Pilots who are legit one of the biggest bands on earth.

Can’t be Architects, they said that whoever it was has never played slam dunk before. 

1 minute ago, moams said:

It said it on Twitter. Exact words were ‘ 

The Key Club Stage will be a bit of a change for our Secret Special Guests this year at #SDF19....

On their last UK Headline tour they were playing in arenas...’

Can’t be Architects, they said that whoever it was has never played slam dunk before. 

Ah fair enough, won’t be Broco then either. I’d expect Horizon or TOP then. Even though I get the argument that Busted sort of sound like some of the shittest bands that play here, I can’t actually imagine anyone who goes to Slam Dunk to give a fuck about them. 

17 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Ah fair enough, won’t be Broco then either. I’d expect Horizon or TOP then. Even though I get the argument that Busted sort of sound like some of the shittest bands that play here, I can’t actually imagine anyone who goes to Slam Dunk to give a fuck about them. 

I’m pretty sure bmth are playing late on at radio 1’s big weekend in Middlesbrough which would make sense for them to be playing early on at Leeds on the Saturday then at Hatfield in the Sunday. I just hope it actually isn’t Busted. 

14 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I reckon it might be Architects if they aren’t busy. I could actually comprehend them agreeing to do this rather than someone like 21 Pilots who are legit one of the biggest bands on earth.

Also someone on the DL forum suggested Don Broco. I reckon that’s a big shout.

I think you're over stating 21P by calling them one of the biggest bands on Earth. 

The secret act has never played Slam Dunk before. Don Broco are out. 

I'm going for 21P or Busted. 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think you're over stating 21P by calling them one of the biggest bands on Earth. 

Alright I’ll change that to one of the biggest ‘contemporary’ bands on earth. Obviously they aren’t near the Stones or Coldplay or whatever but in terms of current popularity I can’t think of many more that are bigger.

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They're no different to All Time Low or Waterparks, for example. Of course they wouldn't get bottled. 

I get why you say that musically, but do the actual people who go to Slam Dunk give a shit about them? Given that they’ve never been pushed by the rock press n all.

I don’t actually know any real life Busted fans though so I guess I’m best not to comment aha

On 5/18/2019 at 4:06 PM, jump said:

Random question, where there ever £13 tixs on sale for the South site? I've bought resold tixs and the face value printed on them is £13 so I'm wondering how they manage to do that. The only thing I can think of is if they are a friend of a band and got a discount.

When I got stubhub muse e tickets for the o2 it had my name and price I paid on it rather than face value. 

1 minute ago, Muppetmark said:

When I got stubhub muse e tickets for the o2 it had my name and price I paid on it rather than face value. 

Ta but I've already figured it out, the £13 is the initial deposit on the instalment plan payments for the tix. 

Frank Turner and the something Souls played arenas this year. Have they done slammy d before?

BMTH playing festival gigs when their own All Points East date a week later has yet to sell out, seems like a reach. They do have precedent, having played Reading and Leeds surprise sets last year. Maybe they want to run through the older and unplayed songs they're gonna bring out at their 2 hour APE set

Edited by Padjeq

1 minute ago, Padjeq said:

Frank Turner and the something Souls played arenas this year. Have they done slammy d before?

It's the Sleeping Souls and nah, they haven't played Slam Dunk before. If it is him I'd expect a solo acoustic show rather than with the backing band.

7 minutes ago, jump said:

It's the Sleeping Souls and nah, they haven't played Slam Dunk before. If it is him I'd expect a solo acoustic show rather than with the backing band.

Being a HUGE Frank turner fan it would make my day but can't see it.

Slamdunk said on twitter that the band had been guessed so someone with more time on their hands made this list of the guesses then rules out the ones that had done Slam dunk before..

IMG_E9040.JPG

What does everyone think will hapoen with it? Will they announce it? Give more clues till its pretty obvious? Leave us guessing so we have to show up to find out? 

Personally I hppe its more clues as its kinda fun and obviously kerping people interested. 

1 minute ago, AshP said:

What does everyone think will hapoen with it? Will they announce it? Give more clues till its pretty obvious? Leave us guessing so we have to show up to find out? 

Personally I hppe its more clues as its kinda fun and obviously kerping people interested. 

My money is on them giving more teases but not announce them to build hype in people's head that it's a band people want to see so they can get more folk in early to sell more booze. 

Edited by jump

2 minutes ago, AshP said:

I think they might tweet a couple more vague things between now and Friday, but then it will be a walk out Saturday, and that's who it is. I'm not overly arsed as to who it is, as I've seen all the bands people are saying it could be, so i'm just going to go and watch Mad Caddies instead.

42 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

BMTH playing festival gigs when their own All Points East date a week later has yet to sell out, seems like a reach. They do have precedent, having played Reading and Leeds surprise sets last year. Maybe they want to run through the older and unplayed songs they're gonna bring out at their 2 hour APE set

Yeah seems odd but they're looking most likely now, maybe they're thinking they can sell a few more tickets by smashing out half an hour of hits and creating a buzz around them.

5 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

I think they might tweet a couple more vague things between now and Friday, but then it will be a walk out Saturday, and that's who it is. I'm not overly arsed as to who it is, as I've seen all the bands people are saying it could be, so i'm just going to go and watch Mad Caddies instead.

"They" are on before Mad Caddies, at least in the South site they are. They are clashing with Anti-Flag, Knocked Loose and Hot Milk on the other stages.

Just now, jump said:

"They" are on before Mad Caddies, at least in the South site they are. They are clashing with Anti-Flag, Knocked Loose and Hot Milk on the other stages.

Ah clash finder I was looking at said Mad Caddies. I would consider it, always enjoy Anti Flag though.

56 minutes ago, jump said:

Are they? According to the Twitter page the 'TBC' are on 1.45pm to 2.15pm?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SlamDunkMusic/status/1128721627355799552

I'm confused as thought it was same times for North and South? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Are they? According to the Twitter page the 'TBC' are on 1.45pm to 2.15pm?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SlamDunkMusic/status/1128721627355799552

I'm confused as thought it was same times for North and South? 

Ah, I've been using the one on Clashfinder so they must have put up the wrong times. Fuck sake now I've got to go over my clashes again. 

https://clashfinder.com/s/slamdunksouth2019/

Edited by jump