Jump to content
LRDJ

Slam Dunk 2019

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, foolee said:

image.png.85942985ae4109cfaa48b4bd4f31e3a6.png

Quick mock up of stage splits, don't know all the bands so unsure of how big/small they are!

Fairly sure Bullet will be 2nd main, they subbed Download last year, irrespective of how poor their last tour sold, they're still a bigger name than New Found Glory and higher than them on the poster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

Fairly sure Bullet will be 2nd main, they subbed Download last year, irrespective of how poor their last tour sold, they're still a bigger name than New Found Glory and higher than them on the poster.

Bullet are headlining the heavy stage. The NoFX, Bullet and Glassjaw stages are 100% accurate as they have released those line ups already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a go at some stage predictions of my own: 

All Time Low / New Found Glory / Neck Deep / Waterparks / Boston Manor / Trophy Eyes / Milk Teeth 

Simple Plan / As It Is / Saves The Day / Plain White T’s / Hellogoodbye / Seaway / IDKHOW / grandson 

The Menzingers / Touché Amoré / The Get Up Kids / Real Friends / Tigers Jaw / Tiny Moving Parts / A Loss For Words 

There are a few bands who I would have expected to play on one of the two heavier stages like Employed To Serve, Kublai Khan and Cruel Hand and I don’t know where to put them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jump said:

Bullet are headlining the heavy stage. The NoFX, Bullet and Glassjaw stages are 100% accurate as they have released those line ups already. 

Bullet are headlining the Jager stage which is normally one of the 2 main stages is it not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bandit Tom said:

Bullet are headlining the Jager stage which is normally one of the 2 main stages is it not? 

I think the heavy stage will be a main stage but they’ll be an extra stage this year as there are 10 more acts on the lineup which is why I have put the new found glory stage in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Had a go at some stage predictions of my own: 

All Time Low / New Found Glory / Neck Deep / Waterparks / Boston Manor / Trophy Eyes / Milk Teeth 

Simple Plan / As It Is / Saves The Day / Plain White T’s / Hellogoodbye / Seaway / IDKHOW / grandson 

The Menzingers / Touché Amoré / The Get Up Kids / Real Friends / Tigers Jaw / Tiny Moving Parts / A Loss For Words 

There are a few bands who I would have expected to play on one of the two heavier stages like Employed To Serve, Kublai Khan and Cruel Hand and I don’t know where to put them.  

LTJ, NFG then Simple Plan will do. As It Is I liked the earlier stuff more than now tbf so can miss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

However I look at it there's going to be too many clashes.  I just have to hope the clashy stages are close by, so I can make a dash between them.

I love bands like LTJ/NOFX/NFG/BR, and have seen them many times, but it's hard to give up a chance to see an old favourite like them over ones that are still good, but not right up there, like Saves the Day or ALT. 

Still I shouldn't complain - I look at the likes of Leeds or Download and I struggle to fill out my day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

However I look at it there's going to be too many clashes.  I just have to hope the clashy stages are close by, so I can make a dash between them.

I love bands like LTJ/NOFX/NFG/BR, and have seen them many times, but it's hard to give up a chance to see an old favourite like them over ones that are still good, but not right up there, like Saves the Day or ALT. 

Still I shouldn't complain - I look at the likes of Leeds or Download and I struggle to fill out my day.

Download is cack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

However I look at it there's going to be too many clashes.  I just have to hope the clashy stages are close by, so I can make a dash between them.

I love bands like LTJ/NOFX/NFG/BR, and have seen them many times, but it's hard to give up a chance to see an old favourite like them over ones that are still good, but not right up there, like Saves the Day or ALT. 

Still I shouldn't complain - I look at the likes of Leeds or Download and I struggle to fill out my day.

I am seriously considering going to both, so that I can see as many of the bands as I can. Just not a fan of that trip from Leeds to London on the Sunday morning, or Bournemouth to Leeds on the Friday before come to think of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh I've never that impressed with the whole line up at Slam Dunk for my own personal tastes, it's only really the Fireball/PID/Vans/Macbeth or whatever it's called now stage that keeps me interested. Whenever there is something on the other stages (and it's usually Cancer Bats/The Bronx/Gallows almost every year) it's a complete clash. I'd like to see them put more effort into promoting the ska punk scene beyond the likes of King Prawn, Capdown, Skints etc too as they do get repetitive having them almost yearly and the other bands like Riskee & The Ridicule, New Town Kings, Popes of Chillitown etc would make a nice change and help build them up.

Edited by jump
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jump said:

Tbh I've never that impressed with the whole line up at Slam Dunk for my own personal tastes, it's only really the Fireball/PID/Vans/Macbeth or whatever it's called now stage that keeps me interested. Whenever there is something on the other stages (and it's usually Cancer Bats/The Bronx/Gallows almost every year) it's a complete clash. I'd like to see them put more effort into promoting the ska punk scene beyond the likes of King Prawn, Capdown, Skints etc too as they do get repetitive having them almost yearly and the other bands like Riskee & The Ridicule, New Town Kings, Popes of Chillitown etc would make a nice change and help build them up.

I'd love to see Random Hand (I know they've had them before), Shootin Goon, Adequate 7, Captain Everything or Jesse James.

Bar Stool Preachers or Faintest Idea would be great for the newer bands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reckon we'll have stage splits by mid March this year, lineup is complete way earlier. I reckon they'll also see the need as the price is up a bit significantly given the size of the fest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slam dunk dream line-up:

Main stage: Blink 182 / Sum 41 / Good Charlotte / Yellowcard (reunion) / Bowling For Soup / The Starting Line / Cartel

Pop punk post-2005 stage: All Time Low / Neck Deep / Against the Current / State Champs / Boys Like Girls / Tonight Alive / Four Year Strong / Wstr / Candy Hearts

Alternative rock stage: Weezer / Don Broco / Pvris / Lower Than Atlantis / Moose Blood / The Get Up Kids / Saves the Day / Basement / Lights

Punk rock stage: The Offspring / Rise Against / Billy Talent / Social Distortion / Descendants / Pennywise / Screeching Weasel / The Bouncing Souls / The Lillingtons

Nu metal/Rapcore stage: Limp Bizkit / Papa Roach / Hollywood Undead / P.O.D / Hoobastank / Kottonmouth Kings / Hed P.E / Tribal Ink / Hybrid Theory (Linkin Park tribute act)

Pop punk 1999-2005 stage: New Found Glory / Sugarcult / Lit / Zebrahead / American Hi-Fi / Fenix Tx / Allister / Mest / Home Grown

 

Thoughts?

Edited by Shaun182

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

Slam dunk dream line-up:

Main stage: Blink 182 / Sum 41 / Good Charlotte / Yellowcard (reunion) / Bowling For Soup / The Starting Line / Cartel

Pop punk post-2005 stage: All Time Low / Neck Deep / Against the Current / State Champs / Boys Like Girls / Tonight Alive / Four Year Strong / Wstr / Candy Hearts

Alternative rock stage: Weezer / Don Broco / Pvris / Mallory knox / Moose Blood / The Get Up Kids / Saves the Day / Basement / Lights

Punk rock stage: The Offspring / Rise Against / Billy Talent / Social Distortion / Descendants / Pennywise / Screeching Weasel / The Bouncing Souls / The Lillingtons

Nu metal/Rapcore stage: Limp Bizkit / Papa Roach / Hollywood Undead / P.O.D / Hoobastank / Kottonmouth Kings / Hed P.E / Tribal Ink / Hybrid Theory (Linkin Park tribute act)

Pop punk 1999-2005 stage: New Found Glory / Sugarcult / Lit / Zebrahead / American Hi-Fi / Fenix Tx / Allister / Mest / Home Grown

 

Thoughts?

It's pointless to be quite honest.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

Slam dunk dream line-up:

Main stage: Blink 182 / Sum 41 / Good Charlotte / Yellowcard (reunion) / Bowling For Soup / The Starting Line / Cartel

Pop punk post-2005 stage: All Time Low / Neck Deep / Against the Current / State Champs / Boys Like Girls / Tonight Alive / Four Year Strong / Wstr / Candy Hearts

Alternative rock stage: Weezer / Don Broco / Pvris / Lower Than Atlantis / Moose Blood / The Get Up Kids / Saves the Day / Basement / Lights

Punk rock stage: The Offspring / Rise Against / Billy Talent / Social Distortion / Descendants / Pennywise / Screeching Weasel / The Bouncing Souls / The Lillingtons

Nu metal/Rapcore stage: Limp Bizkit / Papa Roach / Hollywood Undead / P.O.D / Hoobastank / Kottonmouth Kings / Hed P.E / Tribal Ink / Hybrid Theory (Linkin Park tribute act)

Pop punk 1999-2005 stage: New Found Glory / Sugarcult / Lit / Zebrahead / American Hi-Fi / Fenix Tx / Allister / Mest / Home Grown

 

Thoughts?

I think is sick!

but unfortunately, as you said, is a dream!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 11:39 PM, Shaun182 said:

Slam dunk dream line-up:

Main stage: Blink 182 / Sum 41 / Good Charlotte / Yellowcard (reunion) / Bowling For Soup / The Starting Line / Cartel

Pop punk post-2005 stage: All Time Low / Neck Deep / Against the Current / State Champs / Boys Like Girls / Tonight Alive / Four Year Strong / Wstr / Candy Hearts

Alternative rock stage: Weezer / Don Broco / Pvris / Lower Than Atlantis / Moose Blood / The Get Up Kids / Saves the Day / Basement / Lights

Punk rock stage: The Offspring / Rise Against / Billy Talent / Social Distortion / Descendants / Pennywise / Screeching Weasel / The Bouncing Souls / The Lillingtons

Nu metal/Rapcore stage: Limp Bizkit / Papa Roach / Hollywood Undead / P.O.D / Hoobastank / Kottonmouth Kings / Hed P.E / Tribal Ink / Hybrid Theory (Linkin Park tribute act)

Pop punk 1999-2005 stage: New Found Glory / Sugarcult / Lit / Zebrahead / American Hi-Fi / Fenix Tx / Allister / Mest / Home Grown

 

Thoughts?

Expensive. Very, very expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 11:39 PM, Shaun182 said:

Slam dunk dream line-up:

Main stage: Blink 182 / Sum 41 / Good Charlotte / Yellowcard (reunion) / Bowling For Soup / The Starting Line / Cartel

Pop punk post-2005 stage: All Time Low / Neck Deep / Against the Current / State Champs / Boys Like Girls / Tonight Alive / Four Year Strong / Wstr / Candy Hearts

Alternative rock stage: Weezer / Don Broco / Pvris / Lower Than Atlantis / Moose Blood / The Get Up Kids / Saves the Day / Basement / Lights

Punk rock stage: The Offspring / Rise Against / Billy Talent / Social Distortion / Descendants / Pennywise / Screeching Weasel / The Bouncing Souls / The Lillingtons

Nu metal/Rapcore stage: Limp Bizkit / Papa Roach / Hollywood Undead / P.O.D / Hoobastank / Kottonmouth Kings / Hed P.E / Tribal Ink / Hybrid Theory (Linkin Park tribute act)

Pop punk 1999-2005 stage: New Found Glory / Sugarcult / Lit / Zebrahead / American Hi-Fi / Fenix Tx / Allister / Mest / Home Grown

 

Thoughts?

I’d hate to see who was on the lineup the year after!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, foolee said:

I’d hate to see who was on the lineup the year after!

Blood On The Dance Floor and Elliot Minor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slam Dunk Instagram basically says the stage splits I believe with the final two bits being spread across. Simple Plan do indeed close a stage and Neck Deep are included below NFG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 11:39 PM, Shaun182 said:

Slam dunk dream line-up:

Main stage: Blink 182 / Sum 41 / Good Charlotte / Yellowcard (reunion) / Bowling For Soup / The Starting Line / Cartel

Pop punk post-2005 stage: All Time Low / Neck Deep / Against the Current / State Champs / Boys Like Girls / Tonight Alive / Four Year Strong / Wstr / Candy Hearts

Alternative rock stage: Weezer / Don Broco / Pvris / Lower Than Atlantis / Moose Blood / The Get Up Kids / Saves the Day / Basement / Lights

Punk rock stage: The Offspring / Rise Against / Billy Talent / Social Distortion / Descendants / Pennywise / Screeching Weasel / The Bouncing Souls / The Lillingtons

Nu metal/Rapcore stage: Limp Bizkit / Papa Roach / Hollywood Undead / P.O.D / Hoobastank / Kottonmouth Kings / Hed P.E / Tribal Ink / Hybrid Theory (Linkin Park tribute act)

Pop punk 1999-2005 stage: New Found Glory / Sugarcult / Lit / Zebrahead / American Hi-Fi / Fenix Tx / Allister / Mest / Home Grown

 

Thoughts?

Too many clashes. As in, like... basically every band on every stage.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The splits are out and apparently the Marshall stage and Dickies stage wont clash, not sure why though.

 

D0WGv61WkAEI1zB.jpg:large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...