Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

I’ve had a go at putting stages together for the acts we have so far and I’ve added some hopefuls in (I’ve not included the Impericon and PiD stages): 

All Time Low / The Story So Far / New Found Glory / The Menzingers / Waterparks / Trophy Eyes / WSTR / Milk Teeth 

Bullet For My Valentine / Bury Tomorrow / Beartooth / Atreyu / Silverstein / Polaris / Pagan 

Simple Plan / Story Of The Year / The Get Up Kids / Real Friends / Saves The Day / Seaway / The Word Alive / Tiny Moving Parts 

1 hour ago, Alex Winstone said:

Anyone know What stage Simple Plan are playing?

I was guessing 3rd down on main stage? Followed by NFG/All Time Low.

Unless simple plan headline signature brew? I was assuming that would be waterparks, but I can also see them playing low down on main stage 

35 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve had a go at putting stages together for the acts we have so far and I’ve added some hopefuls in (I’ve not included the Impericon and PiD stages): 

All Time LowNew Found Glory /?/ The Menzingers / Waterparks / Trophy Eyes / WSTR / Milk Teeth 

Bullet For My Valentine / Bury Tomorrow / Beartooth / Atreyu / Silverstein / Polaris / Pagan 

Simple Plan / Story Of The Year / The Get Up Kids / Real Friends / Saves The Day / Seaway / The Word Alive / Tiny Moving Parts

NOFX / Bad Religion / Less Than Jake

Yeah if TSSF were playing we would know by now, NFG will sub. Edited it without them. Tbf Bad Religion clashing with NFG makes sense and I'm leaving Simple Plan closing out a stage, I'm not having that and I'll more than happily do LTJ, NFG and Simple Plan. Can't see it being as strong through the day as last year was for me but a couple more must see's

20 minutes ago, Jericode said:

They won't play low down with how rare they are over here, if they're on main stage they'll be top three, else they'll headline whatever stage they're on.

Fair enough, not that rare though recently. 2015 Reading, 16 Academy tour, 17 one academy date and download..yes it was the album shows and now this year.

13 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Judging from setlist.fm, they've done 8 shows in the UK since 2012, how does that not count as rare?

They had a 3 year gap after an album and are coming back this year for what will be a 4th straight year in the UK. They aren't a big band....did you expect them to do a 12 date academy tour or something? And Reading and Download are obviously going to be a case of they play own shows or festivals. I'm not saying they are here all the time but it's not like they have turned up for 3 shows here in 6 years.

Rarity is a bit of a non-issue if the band isn't a big draw in the first place for the spot. For example Save Ferris were low on the Fireball stage despite doing a very rare (about 20 years I believe) UK show last year yet Zebrahead are seemingly almost there yearly were a lot higher on the bill.

15 minutes ago, jump said:

Rarity is a bit of a non-issue if the band isn't a big draw in the first place for the spot. For example Save Ferris were low on the Fireball stage despite doing a very rare (about 20 years I believe) UK show last year yet Zebrahead are seemingly almost there yearly were a lot higher on the bill.

I was about to correct you on the Save Ferris timings, as I remember seeing them at Leeds one year.....then counted and you're right.....I'm just old.

20 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

I was about to correct you on the Save Ferris timings, as I remember seeing them at Leeds one year.....then counted and you're right.....I'm just old.

I wasn't even old enough to go to their last UK tour :P

I know how you feel tho as there's a guy at work who is 19, we were talking and I mentioned I was going to see The Prodigy that night, he then asks "who are The Prodigy". It then occurred to me I'm like my uncle when I was a teenager who would name some 70/80s dinosaur bands and expected me to know what he was on about. 

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, jump said:

I wasn't even old enough to go to their last UK tour :P

I know how you feel tho as there's a guy at work who is 19, we were talking and I mentioned I was going to see The Prodigy that night, he then asks "who are The Prodigy". It then occurred to me I'm like my uncle when I was a teenager who would name some 70/80s dinosaur bands and expected me to know what he was on about. 

I'm 20, how can you not know the Prodigy? Bloody legends, still producing quality and relevant music need some1 is great!

888.jpg

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think they’ll headline the pop punk stage. 

That's the Signature Brew stage as it was called from this year I presume which As It Is headlined?, I'd much rather that than a clash as I wouldn't watch either NOFX, ATL or Bullet in place of them...to be fair I only really like one of them anyway and I saw them a couple of years back.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Simple Plan have always been proper, proper dog shit but that last album was astoundingly shite. 

The best thing they've ever done is the What's New Scooby Doo? theme song, that was fire tbf; everything else has been a fat plate of steaming shit

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think Me First and The Gimme Gimmes are likely? Half the band are already there with Lagwagon and NoFX and Foos don’t have any dates over Slam Dunk. Also one of the me first previous touring members is a member of bad religion who are also playing Slam Dunk. They were recently announced for Download which is only a couple of weeks after Slam Dunk.

Edited by jonday81

1 hour ago, jonday81 said:

Do you think Me First and The Gimme Gimmes are likely? Half the band are already there with Lagwagon and NoFX and Foos don’t have any dates over Slam Dunk. Also one of the me first previous touring members is a member of bad religion who are also playing Slam Dunk. They were recently announced for Download which is only a couple of weeks after Slam Dunk.

As great as that would be, I'm doubtful - they are doing a large European tour, so would be adverting MFATGG's as part of that if there was to be an appearance.  Though would imagine there'll be a lot of other band members popping up in the other's sets.

3 hours ago, jonday81 said:

That could be a great secret set!

4 hours ago, jonday81 said:

Just been added to Download, headlining the Avalanche stage, so looking much less likely now.

1 hour ago, Alex Winstone said:

Hoping for the other 8 to be

SWMRS, Basement, Chunk, No Captain Chunk, Black Peaks, Marmozets, Single Mothers, Puppy and Gnarwolves

Tbh if Marmozets was in it that's one more than I'm expecting to be into. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Here (In Your Arms) by Hellogoodbye is a BOP. 

Now we’ve got those two rubbish bands I hope we get Forever The Sickest Kids with them too because I will shamelessly jump around to them until my shins snap like it’s 2009 and I’m in my first year of college again. 

Aye me and a mate that is going said clash dependent we may turn up just for hey there, Delilah which they'll close with.

29 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

Would have thought we'd be at the point where we get the full stage breakdowns by now, as throwing another 10 bands in the mix must have fill most of the stages.

Judging by the amount of bands on previous years, I think theres going to be roughly another 25 bands to announce after today.