Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

Seeing as there's been a bit of discussion about this on the 2018 thread, I thought I might as well start a new thread for next year's festival.

For the headliner, I'm going for either:

All Time Low (possibly playing Nothing Personal in full)

Neck Deep / Sum 41 coheadline

You Me At Six

Architects

I think the two main stage thing was a one-off, and next year will be a return to the more traditional format with a separate main stage and "pop-punk" stage.

Thoughts?

26 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

Seeing as there's been a bit of discussion about this on the 2018 thread, I thought I might as well start a new thread for next year's festival.

For the headliner, I'm going for either:

All Time Low (possibly playing Nothing Personal in full)

Neck Deep / Sum 41 coheadline

You Me At Six

Architects

I think the two main stage thing was a one-off, and next year will be a return to the more traditional format with a separate main stage and "pop-punk" stage.

Thoughts?

I don't think they'll change the layout at least at Birmingham as it worked very well with no crowd cluster problems.

28 minutes ago, R Shah said:

BFMV are probably too heavy? But I reckon they'd be around the right size atm.

Sum 41 defo have a good chance imo.

Probably not too heavy per se, as I reckon Parkway or Architects could do it fine, but I don't think most BFMV fans are Slam Dunk types. Would be cool though.

I reckon Sum 41 is the best bet, with ATL and YMAS deffo in the mix (unfortunately).

Edited by Steve1000

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Neck Deep/ Sum 41 clashing as co-headliners is so bad/stupid that they'll almost certainly do it 

This year's clash was just as stupid so it's almost certainly gonna be what happens

Think you could probably make the case they're around the same level as Jimmy Eat World. JEW still bigger until Neck Deep put out another album that goes well but Different audience though. JEW would probably be a bigger draw in getting 25-30 year olds who might not usually turn up ever year, but Neck Deep big with the younger crowd. 

Neck Deep will sub the main stage I reckon, headliner probably someone like Sum 41.

I can see, if they have the two main stages, having a pop punk headliner like Sum 41 on one stage and a heavier one on the other so someone like Parkway/Architects

So I made a first prediction of the lineup like I did last year, it's probably quite off and is based off of a single main stage but anyway:

Main Stage:

You Me At Six / Sum 41/ Architects
Neck Deep
New Found Glory/The All-American Rejects
While She Sleeps
Against The Current
Marmozets
Boston Manor
Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!

Pop Punk Stage:

The Wonder Years
The Story So Far
Real Friends
Seaway
Trophy Eyes
WSTR
Movements
Homebound

Light Pop Punk Stage:

The Front Bottoms/Mayday Parade
Waterparks
Basement
SWMRS
Milk Teeth
Remo Drive
Slaughter Beach, Dog
Puppy

Heavy Stage:

Beartooth / Underoath
Bury Tomorrow
Dance Gavin Dance
Stick To Your Guns
Knocked Loose
Bleed From Within
Being As An Ocean
Casey
Blood Youth

Ska/Alternative Stage:

Simple Plan(?) / NOFX (?) / Rancid (?)
Less Than Jake
Flogging Molly
Thursday
Zebrahead
The Interrupters
Bad Cop/Bad Cop
Patent Pending
Gnarwolves

Introducing Stage:

Microwave
Free Throw
Columbus
I, The Mapmaker
Head North
Higher Power
Wallflower
Layover
Safeguard

Other Possibilities:

Mallory Knox
Andy Black / Black Veil Brides

MxPx
Citizen
Like Pacific
Mom Jeans
Graduating Life
Stand Atlantic
Tiny Moving Parts
Courage My Love
All Get Out
The Bottom Line
The Gospel Youth

Asking Alexandria
Thy Art Is Murder
$uicideboy$
Malevolence
Deez Nuts
Napoleon
Kublai Khan

Bands I want to play but won't:

American Football
Turnstile (download)
Code Orange

• Upvote 1

Give me Sum 41 and AAR out of your main stage options and I'd be well up for that. Great main stage and some good stuff dotted elsewhere.

I can see I Prevail coming back with a decent spot if they get new music out. will be around 2.5 years since the first album so every chance they could have something new coming soon. Heavy Stage sub maybe.

1 hour ago, LRDJ said:

So I made a first prediction of the lineup like I did last year, it's probably quite off and is based off of a single main stage but anyway:

Main Stage:

Neck Deep
While She Sleeps
Against The Current
Marmozets
Boston Manor

Pop Punk Stage:

The Wonder Years
The Story So Far
Real Friends
Seaway
Trophy Eyes
WSTR
Movements
Homebound

Light Pop Punk Stage:

Waterparks
Basement
SWMRS
Milk Teeth
Remo Drive
Slaughter Beach, Dog
Puppy

Heavy Stage:

Beartooth / Underoath
Bury Tomorrow
Dance Gavin Dance
Stick To Your Guns
Knocked Loose
Bleed From Within
Being As An Ocean
Casey
Blood Youth

Ska/Alternative Stage:

Less Than Jake
Flogging Molly
Thursday
Zebrahead
The Interrupters
Bad Cop/Bad Cop
Patent Pending
Gnarwolves

Introducing Stage:

Microwave
Free Throw
Columbus
I, The Mapmaker
Head North
Higher Power
Wallflower
Layover
Safeguard

Other Possibilities:

Mallory Knox

MxPx
Citizen
Like Pacific
Mom Jeans
Graduating Life
Stand Atlantic
Tiny Moving Parts
Courage My Love
All Get Out
The Bottom Line
The Gospel Youth

Asking Alexandria
Thy Art Is Murder
$uicideboy$
Malevolence
Deez Nuts
Napoleon
Kublai Khan

American Football
Turnstile (download)
Code Orange

Yeah I'd 100% attend 

Neck Deep have said the Don Broco tour will be their last shows for this album (although they've hinted there are EU dates coming so suspect Don Broco have Euro dates to announce for their tour yet) so can probably count them out for 2019. They're going straight into working on the next album so if it's out in time I'd definitely say 2020 headliner contention.

You Me At Six announcing a new album probably puts them firmly on the table.

On 6/6/2018 at 3:34 PM, LRDJ said:

Main Stage:

Neck Deep
While She Sleeps
Against The Current
Marmozets
Boston Manor

Pop Punk Stage:

The Wonder Years
The Story So Far
Real Friends
Seaway
Trophy Eyes
WSTR
Movements
Homebound

Light Pop Punk Stage:

Waterparks
Basement
SWMRS
Milk Teeth
Remo Drive
Slaughter Beach, Dog
Puppy

Heavy Stage:

Beartooth / Underoath
Bury Tomorrow
Dance Gavin Dance
Stick To Your Guns
Knocked Loose
Bleed From Within
Being As An Ocean
Casey
Blood Youth

Ska/Alternative Stage:

Less Than Jake
Flogging Molly
Thursday
Zebrahead
The Interrupters
Bad Cop/Bad Cop
Patent Pending
Gnarwolves

Introducing Stage:

Microwave
Free Throw
Columbus
I, The Mapmaker
Head North
Higher Power
Wallflower
Layover
Safeguard

Other Possibilities:

Mallory Knox

MxPx
Citizen
Like Pacific
Mom Jeans
Graduating Life
Stand Atlantic
Tiny Moving Parts
Courage My Love
All Get Out
The Bottom Line
The Gospel Youth

Asking Alexandria
Thy Art Is Murder
$uicideboy$
Malevolence
Deez Nuts
Napoleon
Kublai Khan

American Football
Turnstile (download)
Code Orange

Got a bit too much of Midwestern Emo in there. I mean, I'd prefer to see more of it myself but I don't reckon a lot of it is likely. Also Turnstile probably wont do Download or Slam Dunk ever. Got such a good relationship with Outbreak Festival that they don't play any other fest over here. Heck, even last year their only UK show last year was in Leeds and was promoted by Outbreak. I can see them doing the same again next year instead

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Got a bit too much of Midwestern Emo in there. I mean, I'd prefer to see more of it myself but I don't reckon a lot of it is likely. Also Turnstile probably wont do Download or Slam Dunk ever. Got such a good relationship with Outbreak Festival that they don't play any other fest over here. Heck, even last year their only UK show last year was in Leeds and was promoted by Outbreak. I can see them doing the same again next year instead

Turnstile are playing 2000 Trees this year.

11 hours ago, WFD said:

& headlining outbreak this year, however Justanothername is right to an extent - Turnstile are more likely to do their own tour or headline a load of tiny hardcore fests up and down the country than they are to play Download or Slam Dunk. They could play reading, due to their relationship with Dan P Carter.

13 hours ago, WFD said:

Forgot about that actually lol. But I'd argue it's different. Trees is a on much different scale and on the other side of the country where as Slam Dunk has a site a few mins walk away and DL is a bigger beast which is around the same time of year. Both of them are far bigger threats to Outbreak than Trees are. Apparently Turnstile were booked to play SD one year but it was cancelled due to Outbreak kicking up a fuss.

1 hour ago, huntyyy said:

& headlining outbreak this year, however Justanothername is right to an extent - Turnstile are more likely to do their own tour or headline a load of tiny hardcore fests up and down the country than they are to play Download or Slam Dunk. They could play reading, due to their relationship with Dan P Carter.

I thought they were nailed on for R&L last year but that show ruled them out. It just seems Outbreak really hates anyone stepping on their turf. Maybe they could just do Reading like The Fever 333 but that feels like a bit cheap or maybe Outbreak will be willing to share.

Sum 41 would be a welcome addition to this Festival. Marmozets I can see playing, same for Waterparks as they are blowing up for some reason. Would be nice to have Patent Pending back, they're always fun live. MXPX would be nice instead of Goldfinger. Pretty sure Zebrahead are playing again. Flogging Molly is possible as they're on the Fireball Tour later this year.

• 1 month later...

Can see Set Your Goals being there after pulling out of this year, still holding out for the UK Mutiny! shows!

Anyone got any hopes/thoughts on full album/anniversary sets, there seems to always be at least one each year.
I mean I think everyone would be happy with ADTR doing Homesick, probably too big for Dunk these days though!
Same for Paramore doing Brand New Eyes.
Probably going to be smaller bands though, FFTL doing dear diary now that Sonny is back and releasing music with them? ahaha!