Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

You should all stop worrying about the mystery tent and look toward the Punk in Drublic stage while the secret nonsense is going on. Get yourself a nice beer and have a little bop to the Mad Caddies as they bring a bit of California to Leeds. 

10 minutes ago, theshapeofpunktocome123 said:

so its busted ? drats .. was hoping it was simple creatures …

oh I'm seeing breaking Benjamin as well ...

Breaking Benjamin don't fit the clue and apparently their facebook page is wrong as a fansite or something tagged them in the event.

3 minutes ago, jump said:

Breaking Benjamin don't fit the clue and apparently their facebook page is wrong as a fansite or something tagged them in the event.

ah cheers - so its busted ? tbh iIl be gutted if I get there late and find out ive missed someone else !

Edited by theshapeofpunktocome123

19 hours ago, theshapeofpunktocome123 said:

ah cheers - so its busted ? tbh iIl be gutted if I get there late and find out ive missed someone else !

It seems very likely. They'll probably do another obvious clue before anyway just to stop people who haven't paid as much attention turning up and expecting BMTH or Parkway Drive or whoever.

4 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Went a couple years ago and the queues were generally fine. Might go this year but £70 seems a bit much

Would have still been at Hatfield then. I think the £70 is easily well worth it.  There's currently one on twickets for £45 if that's any use to you.

12 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

For anyone that went to South last year, what are the queues like for the bars? When it was at the Forum there were so many bars that I don't think I queued once.

Also, what were the tent sizes like?

I don't remember queing for the bars for very long. Maybe 1 lot of people in front and it was pretty quick so hopefully some of the same this year however toilet queues were long for cubicles so hopefully they've made an improvement and added more. 

Tents were impericon (heaviest smaller stage) and fireball (pid this year) last year and were of similar size to FR and lock/pit stages at R&L if you've been? But thinking with Bullet playing a tent and 2 stages in both tents I think the tents will be different sizes/layouts this year. 

55 minutes ago, foolee said:

I don't remember queing for the bars for very long. Maybe 1 lot of people in front and it was pretty quick so hopefully some of the same this year however toilet queues were long for cubicles so hopefully they've made an improvement and added more. 

Tents were impericon (heaviest smaller stage) and fireball (pid this year) last year and were of similar size to FR and lock/pit stages at R&L if you've been? But thinking with Bullet playing a tent and 2 stages in both tents I think the tents will be different sizes/layouts this year. 

Amazing, cheers man.

I'm v excited for this year. I missed last year, which is only the second year I've missed since 2009. It's making work drag today.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Traher666 said:

Amazing, cheers man.

I'm v excited for this year. I missed last year, which is only the second year I've missed since 2009. It's making work drag today.

It's going to be decent, I'm fine with South after hearing good reviews although it did come across me a while back that Leeds is new original city for it.

First I've been to Slam Dunk. Really enjoyed the music but the infrastructure wasn't great. 

Arrived at Leeds train station at 11.30am and took about 30 mins to get on a shuttle bus and then another 45 mins to get to Temple Newsam because the traffic lights on major road could not cope with amount of traffic (no police or festival organisers helping). 

No phone signal as would appear organisers hadn't bothered with potential signal issues so couldnt meet with anyone, luckily bumped into my friends about 4pm after being at the festival since 1pm.

The queues were about 10-15 mins for alcohol and the food was much worse.

Queues for women's toilets got longer and longer as the day went on. 

Ended up going home about 8pm as needed something to eat and my wife needed a wee! 

Am I being harsh on the organisation (given I am used to Glastonbury and Leeds standards) and was it just me who experienced this? 

Edited by she bangs the drums
Extra line

47 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

First I've been to Slam Dunk. Really enjoyed the music but the infrastructure wasn't great. 

Arrived at Leeds train station at 11.30am and took about 30 mins to get on a shuttle bus and then another 45 mins to get to Temple Newsam because the traffic lights on major road could not cope with amount of traffic (no police or festival organisers helping). 

No phone signal as would appear organisers hadn't bothered with potential signal issues so couldnt meet with anyone, luckily bumped into my friends about 4pm after being at the festival since 1pm.

The queues were about 10-15 mins for alcohol and the food was much worse.

Queues for women's toilets got longer and longer as the day went on. 

Ended up going home about 8pm as needed something to eat and my wife needed a wee! 

Am I being harsh on the organisation (given I am used to Glastonbury and Leeds standards) and was it just me who experienced this? 

Agreed.  This was my 9th Slam Dunk so i've seen it through 3 venues now and I did love the setting of this new one, the stages worked really well and it wasnt too huge. The fact its on a hill for the main stage is great as makes it easier to see. Toilets wernt bad but theres been issues in years past with those. There needs to be a better bar system as the wait was about 20 mins at most although we found the one where all the rides were was empty all afternoon once most people were in. There was loads of food choice and the queues did go down pretty quick on them I found. Traffic wasnt great but ill let them off for that as its the first year. Phone signal was my major issue, lost my friends twice after going toilet and proved nigh on impossible to contact anyone at all. Luckily a few texts went through eventually. They need a mast thing like at actual Leeds fest next year. 

All in all I think the new venue was a sucess and I think it will stay there a while now as theres plenty more room to grow. I can even see it going like 'Give It A Name' in the future and being a 2 day event where they swap the bands in each venue either day. 

1 hour ago, AshP said:

Agreed.  This was my 9th Slam Dunk so i've seen it through 3 venues now and I did love the setting of this new one, the stages worked really well and it wasnt too huge. The fact its on a hill for the main stage is great as makes it easier to see. Toilets wernt bad but theres been issues in years past with those. There needs to be a better bar system as the wait was about 20 mins at most although we found the one where all the rides were was empty all afternoon once most people were in. There was loads of food choice and the queues did go down pretty quick on them I found. Traffic wasnt great but ill let them off for that as its the first year. Phone signal was my major issue, lost my friends twice after going toilet and proved nigh on impossible to contact anyone at all. Luckily a few texts went through eventually. They need a mast thing like at actual Leeds fest next year. 

All in all I think the new venue was a sucess and I think it will stay there a while now as theres plenty more room to grow. I can even see it going like 'Give It A Name' in the future and being a 2 day event where they swap the bands in each venue either day. 

Yes agreed on those points. I would imagine they can sort out the traffic and phone signal and maybe put in a few more toilets, and a better queueing system for the bars. Even though there was queues, the atmosphere remained great and everyone was friendly and civilised!  

I also really liked the tent with one band starting pretty much as the other finished. 

I certainly would not let it put me off attending again. 

Edited by she bangs the drums
Typo