Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

I'll probably be going to see it regardless as it's exactly where my band gap is.

It'd be daft if it was someone like Busted or 21 Pilots - I know they fit some of the target audience but they're so controversial - risk getting a negative reaction; particularly if people are going in hoping it's ADTR or BMTH and end up with Busted. Hopefully it's good though, they've done a top job building the hype for it.

12 minutes ago, SlamDunker2019 said:

I'll probably be going to see it regardless as it's exactly where my band gap is.

It'd be daft if it was someone like Busted or 21 Pilots - I know they fit some of the target audience but they're so controversial - risk getting a negative reaction; particularly if people are going in hoping it's ADTR or BMTH and end up with Busted. Hopefully it's good though, they've done a top job building the hype for it.

I mean, if they fit the target audience when why would it be controversial? I guess them putting on the Y3K thing is them trying to hint at Busted so as to stop these high expectations. 

Also if people want to have more signs its Busted. Fightstar played in 2008 and Charlie played in 2012 so they have some relationship with the festival

Edited by justanothername

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

I mean, if they fit the target audience when why would it be controversial? I guess them putting on the Y3K thing is them trying to hint at Busted so as to stop these high expectations. 

Also if people want to have more signs its Busted. Fightstar played in 2008 and Charlie played in 2012 so they have some relationship with the festival

Yeah true. Listening to a bit of Busted now, and I'm actually on board with this. Hopefully everyone else sees the fun side of it, can't wait to mosh to Year 3000 and Air Hostess. Just gonna be good fun 

18 minutes ago, hellbound said:

Anyone remember Daphne and Celest at Reading festival?

Just saying.....

That was immense! I was on the barrier for them at Leeds (getting ready for RATM) and I got hit by so many bottles!  But they had a fair stab it to be fair to them.  Was never going to end well though.

1 hour ago, SlamDunker2019 said:

Yeah true. Listening to a bit of Busted now, and I'm actually on board with this. Hopefully everyone else sees the fun side of it, can't wait to mosh to Year 3000 and Air Hostess. Just gonna be good fun 

I actually don't get the crossover that's been mentioned between Busted and the likes of All Time Low. 

39 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I actually don't get the crossover that's been mentioned between Busted and the likes of All Time Low. 

How? Listen to Crashed The Wedding and then Timebomb or Somewhere In Neverland by ATL.

Crashed The Wedding is the better of all of those above songs anyway.  

• Upvote 1

Whether all time low and busted sound similar or not, there’s still a massive crossover in busted’s fan base and people who attend slam dunk. Maybe not so much in their core fanbase but fans in general. At least from people I know anyway. They were massive in their day as well, so a lot of people would’ve grown up them. 

Im excited about it, you can see adtr with a crowd like this any day, but Busted with a pop punk crowd is something that would rarely (if ever) happen 

Edited by somethingpersonal

8 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

I think it was pretty obvious really. Worst kept secret ever. Proper fucked me off that they posted the Y3K clue and loads of people thought it was the Jonas Brothers.

I doubt anyone genuinley thought it was Jonas Brothers, that was a joke. 

19 minutes ago, AshP said:

I doubt anyone genuinley thought it was Jonas Brothers, that was a joke. 

I didn't think it was ever likely but the reasoning for that suggestion was something about how they filmed a vid at Hatfield a few months ago or something like that.

Edited by jump

10 minutes ago, hellbound said:

I'm going to stick to my original feelings that this is Slam Dunk trolling as I really don't think its going to be busted..

Still not sure why everyone thinks this is the wildest thing ever. I'd put money on not being able to get near that tent.

13 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

Still not sure why everyone thinks this is the wildest thing ever. I'd put money on not being able to get near that tent.

Yeah exactly. It's not like they're up against All Time Low/Bullet/NOFX or anything either, it's essentially a half hour set on a fairly small stage early in the day, and it's basically a bonus band. 

I think Slam Dunk messed up overselling it lmao, they must have seen everyone guessing ADTR and BMTH and thought "we may have made a mistake here". 

18 hours ago, Andre91 said:

How? Listen to Crashed The Wedding and then Timebomb or Somewhere In Neverland by ATL.

Crashed The Wedding is the better of all of those above songs anyway.  

To be fair I guess I'm going by earlier ATL, I liked a few off of Future Hearts but the latter stuff not really for me. 

Crashed the Wedding better than Time bomb though Jesus! All tastes I guess.

1 hour ago, hellbound said:

That is also possible that they have over sold it running the risk of a security issue when a Tent gets rammed due to everyone coming to see ADTR 

Also possible that they only reason they have special guests is to get more punters in early putting money behind the bars and food stalls etc. Keeping it a surprise works even better as you'll get different sets of fans/casuals turning up just in case.

It's savvy and a lot of day festivals do it, some more subtle than others.