Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

Be pretty funny if it was Frank Turner, I reckon it'd be a huge let down for most people. And tbh I see him as more likely to agree to play a 30 minute set in a festival he's never done before than TOP, but I reckon they'd have tried to manage the amount they've bigged this up if it was him. So I still reckon it'll be Bring Me.

7 minutes ago, jump said:

It's gonna be a let down no matter whom it is. There's already been people complaining this act or that act aren't a big enough name even with the arena tour clue suggesting they are bigger than 99% of the line up.

It's mad, that people are complaining about a band thats essentially an added extra. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jump said:

It's even madder they are complaining about a band but don't know what band it is yet.

No matter who it was, there would always be a portion of disappointed people. I'm just looking forward to seeing a bunch of bands and sinking some beers, I wouldn't let the secret act dictate how good my time was.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, tjchittt86 said:

Anyone ITK have any word on what overpriced beer/cider is on offer?

There's gonna be Fireball & Jägermeister shots at least, I think it was £4 last year. I can't remember what was on the tap from the normal bars but there will be a craft beer tent. 

Edited by jump

Busted would surely make the most sense - not musically but definately for safety reasons as the secret set is in a tent. Busted are in with enough of the crowd like Waterpark/ATL to make it a very good turn out and would put enough of the heavy/ska/punk crowd to not make it a really bad safety hazard. BMTH who are the other realistic option imo would be far too big and you'd get nearly a whole festivals worth of people turning up. But of course I could be talking a load of rubbish. 

8 minutes ago, tjchittt86 said:

Anyone ITK have any word on what overpriced beer/cider is on offer?

Normally 1 or 2 types of larger (not sure which as I don't drink it) and normal strongbow and dark fruit. £4.50 a pint from what I remember 

16 minutes ago, jump said:

There's gonna be Fireball & Jägermeister shots at least, I think it was £4 last year. I can't remember what was on the tap from the normal bars but there will be a craft beer tent. 

Looked at the map and the craft beer tent is no where near where I'm going to be for most of the day. Actually disappointed by this more than some of the clashes.

26 minutes ago, foolee said:

Busted would surely make the most sense - not musically but definately for safety reasons as the secret set is in a tent. Busted are in with enough of the crowd like Waterpark/ATL to make it a very good turn out and would put enough of the heavy/ska/punk crowd to not make it a really bad safety hazard. BMTH who are the other realistic option imo would be far too big and you'd get nearly a whole festivals worth of people turning up. But of course I could be talking a load of rubbish. 

Yup, Busted wouldn't pull me away from who I'd planned to see, but then BMTH or 21P wouldn't either but ADTR probably would.

13 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Looked at the map and the craft beer tent is no where near where I'm going to be for most of the day. Actually disappointed by this more than some of the clashes.

How'd you know which the craft beer tent is? Is it 'The Fearless Arms' slap bang in the middle? 

1 hour ago, jump said:

It's even madder they are complaining about a band but don't know what band it is yet.

Exactly - it's obviously not going to be a BIG band either - as they would want to advertise the crap out of it to shift the last tickets.  It'll be, at best someone equiv to 3rd down main - a nice little bonus, which won't cost the earth.