Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

15 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Sorry! The Leeds ones are a little out too. I will see if I can update them. 

Did you put it up?

It looks like the times on the clashfinder are the ones from the stage times they released on the 10th May and another set of times was released on the 15th May, in between that time the special guests were moved back an hour for some reason.

5 minutes ago, jump said:

Did you put it up?

It looks like the times on the clashfinder are the ones from the stage times they released on the 10th May and another set of times was released on the 15th May, in between that time the special guests were moved back an hour for some reason.

I didn't. I haven't updated Clashfinder for a few years and cannot remember my log-in details. 

9 hours ago, AshP said:

What does everyone think will hapoen with it? Will they announce it? Give more clues till its pretty obvious? Leave us guessing so we have to show up to find out? 

Personally I hppe its more clues as its kinda fun and obviously kerping people interested. 

I know some people think it'll be a walkout, but I remember Leeds fest when QoTSA did a secret set, the Twitter page gave a massive clue that basically guaranteed it being them(think they said "No One Knows who our secret set is this year" or something) so I hope they do that. Something like "All Signs Point to the Key Club stage for our secret headliner" for ADTR or "No-one can Dethrone this years secret headliner" for BMTH would be well good. 

Perhaps slightly better than my examples given but you know what I mean...

Are we actually thinking it is also someone currently big? The way they said ‘Their last UK headline tour they were playing arena’s’ could this mean they’ve played in the UK more recently but maybe not as a headline act maybe as a support act

5 minutes ago, moams said:

Well this was posted by Ollie Horner who’s the tour manager for various different bands. Good Charlotte, The Faim, Yungblud and Northlane. Obviously won’t be any of those bands but still 

DD68B638-21C5-4B79-88DE-D76234400AB0.png

I don’t have a clue who this guy is but putting my tinfoil hat on, he follows Jordan Fish on insta, and none of the blokes from TOP. And I don’t know any members from Busted and cba checking.

8 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I don’t have a clue who this guy is but putting my tinfoil hat on, he follows Jordan Fish on insta, and none of the blokes from TOP. And I don’t know any members from Busted and cba checking.

As much as I would Adore T0P I have said before they aren't suited to slamdunk

8 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I've had a look, he doesn't follow anyone from Busted but he does follow loads of other band people, although they have either played before (All Time Low, GC, Boston Manor, Creeper) or split up (Lower Than Atlantis) and can't see anyone other than Jordan from BMTH or anyone from ADTR at least that i'm aware of so thats a dead end really. 

11 hours ago, SlamDunker2019 said:

I know some people think it'll be a walkout, but I remember Leeds fest when QoTSA did a secret set, the Twitter page gave a massive clue that basically guaranteed it being them(think they said "No One Knows who our secret set is this year" or something) so I hope they do that. Something like "All Signs Point to the Key Club stage for our secret headliner" for ADTR or "No-one can Dethrone this years secret headliner" for BMTH would be well good. 

Perhaps slightly better than my examples given but you know what I mean...

They've had 'secret' sets in the past, but included the name on the timetables that were given out on the day.  The two sets I saw were King Blues one year and the following year,  the singer from Deaf Havana did an acoustic set.

I'm going to Hatfield, so will find out from Leeds who it is.

18 minutes ago, Newark5404 said:

Could it be more likely Frank Turner now as he just announced his lost evening for this weekend ? Not sure but could be a chance maybe. Anybody have an further evidence ? 

I have said it before here, as much as I would adore it to be him I am not sure the hype behind the secret set justifies it, Yes he has just done an arena tour, yes he's never played Slamdunk before but is a he as big a draw as ADTR or BMTH? and is he as popular?

(anyone south will spot me as I'll be wearing my Frank turner Hoodie with pride but i am also being honest)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hellbound said:

I have said it before here, as much as I would adore it to be him I am not sure the hype behind the secret set justifies it, Yes he has just done an arena tour, yes he's never played Slamdunk before but is a he as big a draw as ADTR or BMTH? and is he as popular?

(anyone south will spot me as I'll be wearing my Frank turner Hoodie with pride but i am also being honest)

I suppose your right just kidding myself haha! Still I've got 2000 trees to look forward to! Either three of them I will be over the moon tbh BMTH would just be madness though. 

I will be keeping an eye out then! I will be the guy with a group of people wearing Hawaiian shirts! 

6 minutes ago, hellbound said:

This is why I persinally can't see it being Busted. They arn't 'special' at all and not worth the hype. I could be totally wrong but to me they just don't fit. 

Just now, Newark5404 said:

I suppose your right just kidding myself haha! Still I've got 2000 trees to look forward to! Either three of them I will be over the moon tbh BMTH would just be madness though. 

I will be keeping an eye out then! I will be the guy with a group of people wearing Hawaiian shirts! 

I've got Folk by the oak at Hatfield Just for Frank...and nearly did Camden rocks too but chose Tenacious D instead.

BMTH will RAM the tent, think they are being a bit stupid hyping this up this much when its not main stage

(Memories of Them Crooked Vultures at Reading spring to mind) 

2 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Would like it to be ADTR but I reckon it'll be BMTH. Don't see why ADTR would come all the way over here just for two small sets. Either way, I'm planning on seeing TMP and Turnstile (though I still haven't got my ticket yet :lol:

Also, where was did this "never played before" thing come from?

Never played before was a Slam dunk Organisers clue on their site.

Have ADTR just done a UK arena tour? or did they support another act? as I can't find a tour by them since 2018 but i am sure I am wrong

https://www.setlist.fm/search?artist=1bd63d44&query=a+day+to+remember

7 minutes ago, hellbound said:

He may not be as big as those two names, but reckon he'd still pack out a tent easily. (He headlined the 3rd stage at Download a few years ago)  His roots are punk and even his solo stuff would go down well at SD (earlier solo stuff). 

1 hour ago, gary1979666 said:

They've had 'secret' sets in the past, but included the name on the timetables that were given out on the day.  The two sets I saw were King Blues one year and the following year,  the singer from Deaf Havana did an acoustic set.

I'm going to Hatfield, so will find out from Leeds who it is.

Was the Deaf Havana singer in that room that was hotter than the sun, was like a greenhouse?

1 minute ago, hellbound said:

Never played before was a Slam dunk Organisers clue on their site.

Have ADTR just done a UK arena tour? or did they support another act? as I can't find a tour by them since 2018 but i am sure I am wrong

https://www.setlist.fm/search?artist=1bd63d44&query=a+day+to+remember

Ah, ok and yeah they have. Back in 2017

ADTR_Jan_Tour.jpg?auto=compress&fit=crop

Just now, Traher666 said:

Jesus, was it that long ago. 

They have been playing festivals rather than their own shows in the UK since then.

The only names they have been tickling my fancy for the special guest slot are Blink 182 and Frank Turner* which I'm not hugely excited about either tbh. I can see it being someone more out of nowhere like Biffy Clyro who have a new soundtrack album to promote.

*thinking about it Frankie T could easily get to Hatfield as he's less than an hour drive or 20ish mins on the train.