Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

On 5/17/2019 at 7:56 PM, AllieCross said:

I've been 2 years in a row and this year will be the first year I'll be going alone to SD south. Anyone else going solo and is ok having a tag along, I'm quite nervous about going alone

I'm taking my eldest daughter (18) and its just the two of us so more then welcome to tag along

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Busted wouldn’t even be out of place at Slam Dunk. The only difference between Busted and a band like All Time Low is the odd bit of drop D tuning. 

I was thinking the same thing, in all honesty I have trouble telling the difference between Busted and a lot of the main stage Slam Dunk acts like All Time Low. 

21 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Don't think he/they have played slam dunk but Frank Turner & The Sleeping souls? Their last tour was areans

As much as I'd be beside myself if it was I can't see this as suiting the line up in any way.

Twenty one pilots, again, think its not worth their time lugging all their kit down from radio 1's big weekend for a 45 minute slot. 

BMTH however, suits all the criteria.

14 minutes ago, jump said:

Apparently Breaking Benjamin have added Slam Dunk to their facebook events page.

Yeah, this is true, the tickets link goes to Slam Dunk tickets page too so they're the secret set. Don't know them myself, good addition? 

image.thumb.png.70137614df7293d14ba114e9e6c13467.png

7 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah, this is true, the tickets link goes to Slam Dunk tickets page too so they're the secret set. Don't know them myself, good addition? 

Well they are better than Busted.

They were going to clash with Milk Teeth/Anti-Flag so I'm happy it's something I'm ok to miss.

Edited by jump

2 hours ago, jump said:

I was thinking the same thing, in all honesty I have trouble telling the difference between Busted and a lot of the main stage Slam Dunk acts like All Time Low. 

lool never have i seen such a true statement. There is probably quite a lot of crossover with fans of both ATL and busted to be honest. 

This is copypasta'd from my reddit account so sorry if some of this has been said already.

Right, done a bit of research on who it could be:

The requirements are: Never played Slam Dunk, last UK tour was headline arenas.

Bring Me The Horizon - Playing R1 big weekend the same day. These are my personal guess, they fit the bill and it would explain why they're okay to play so early.

A Day To Remember - God, I really hope it is them. It could potentially be them, their US tour doesn't start until June and the 10 years since Homesick would be such a brilliant selling point. Also just realized that the supports for this tour, Knocked Loose and Boston Manor, are both doing SD. However, they aren't scheduled to be in the country and it seems a long way to go for Slam Dunk.

21 Pilots and Busted are the other 2 that fit the bill, 21 pilots are in the exact position as BMTH. A bit controversial for Slam Dunk in terms of music genre, particularly 21 Pilots.

A couple of rule outs: People on Twitter were suggesting Breaking Benjamin. It ain't, they're in the US at a festival called 'Ticket to Rock' apparently.

Simple Creatures also mentioned and initially assumed, but unless they were lying about headlining arena tours (or being clever because Mark Hoppus and Alex Gaskarth *technically* have done with separate bands), it's not them.

Paramore also, but they've played Slam Dunk before. Not them.

Well, apparently I'm completely wrong and it's gonna be Breaking Benjamin. Going to leave this up so we can all laugh at the wasted research I just did.

Edited by SlamDunker2019

Just now, Alex Winstone said:

Alexisonfire? 

1) Never played before 2) Was their last tour before the farewell tour an arena tour? 3) Wade is already there with Gallows 4) Playing the Ally Pally the weekend after

No, they played two nights at Brixton before they split, I believe. 

Unless I’ve mis-read it Mark Hoppus just posted on his Instagram story some hotel keys from the Greenwich Hotel in London. We don’t actually think the secret act could be Blink do we, no other reason to be over here this early before Download?

Edit - scrap that he seems to be going though loads of old stuff, never mind

Edited by moams

5 minutes ago, moams said:

Unless I’ve mis-read it Mark Hoppus just posted on his Instagram story some hotel keys from the Greenwich Hotel in London. We don’t actually think the secret act could be Blink do we, no other reason to be over here this early before Download?

He’s uploaded them saying ‘Home from the UK’ so it isn’t going to be Blink. 

I reckon it might be Architects if they aren’t busy. I could actually comprehend them agreeing to do this rather than someone like 21 Pilots who are legit one of the biggest bands on earth.

Also someone on the DL forum suggested Don Broco. I reckon that’s a big shout.

Edited by Steve1000