Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

40 minutes ago, jcarb said:

I've seen stuffed going around that it's Carousel Kings.
This article has them listed as playing, could also be a misprint I suppose?
https://www.altpress.com/news/carousel-kings-code-breaker-smile-recap/
Kind of makes sense that low down the line up, but not why they're hyping it up so much.
Unless it's just a marketing tactic to build hype and get everyone posting/talking about it cause that's a pretty underwhelming secret guest aha.

The Slam Dunk listing mentioned in the article is for Plain White Ts, not Carousel Kings.

I still reckon it's between Me First or Mariachi El Bronx.

Edited by jump

6 minutes ago, jump said:

The Slam Dunk listing mentioned in the article is for Plain White Ts, not Carousel Kings.

I still reckon it's between Me First or Mariachi El Bronx.

If we're going by that hint saying its a band that haven't played before I'm sure Mariachi el Bronx as well as The Bronx played in 2015.

28 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

If we're going by that hint saying its a band that haven't played before I'm sure Mariachi el Bronx as well as The Bronx played in 2015.

My bad, I just remember The Bronx that rather than both of them from that year.

25 minutes ago, jump said:

My bad, I just remember The Bronx that rather than both of them from that year.

I wear my shirt from 2015 all the time :) great fest but I've never been back, this looks like a good year, too many fests in one year though now I think.

4 minutes ago, jump said:

Yeah, why wait and lets just moan about them now!

Sorry shite was probably the wrong word. What I mean by that, is if it isn't Simple Creatures, or someone that isn't tailored to every individual need there, they will think its shite.

The level of entitlement from Slam Dunk fans is amongst some of the worst I've seen.

Edited by Traher666

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

If it's anything other than Simple Creatures it'll be a surprise, it's all anyone is guessing on social media. Don't see the point in them being a surprise though when they're already announced for Download.

Was billed as their first UK show wasn't it? That's probably why

Random question, where there ever £13 tixs on sale for the South site? I've bought resold tixs and the face value printed on them is £13 so I'm wondering how they manage to do that. The only thing I can think of is if they are a friend of a band and got a discount.

20 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Don't think he/they have played slam dunk but Frank Turner & The Sleeping souls? Their last tour was areans

Last date of American shows is tonight, then he’s playing London on June 1st. Nothing on slam dunk weekend

out of interest, how big is the key club stage/tent? could it be a smaller arena band for health and safety reasons

Seen Busteds name pop up

Edited by Rotinajer