Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

34 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I'm heading up to Hatfield for the first time next week. Any pro tips from people who've been before or is it all pretty straight forward?

The only things I'd suggest is learning where toilets with the quicker queues are as they can get fucking long and be prepared for the train to be packed on the way back. If you live in London I'd suggest getting a £8 shuttle tixs to the "afterparty" in Islington which I might be doing, I've got no interest in the afterparty itself but it's short tube ride home from Angel for me and beats the crowding at the train station.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jump said:

The only things I'd suggest is learning where toilets with the quicker queues are as they can get fucking long and be prepared for the train to be packed on the way back. If you live in London I'd suggest getting a £8 shuttle tixs to the "afterparty" in Islington which I might be doing, I've got no interest in the afterparty itself but it's short tube ride home from Angel for me and beats the crowding at the train station.

Thanks

Will there be a struggle to get on the train? We're hoping to get back down to the south coast so need to get into London to get the connecting train. The shuttle bus will mean we need an extra tube so might not be worth it as long as we can get going.

Still no sign of who the TBC is on the Key Club stage.

Assuming it's just going to be a smaller band.

It's mad that Cruel Hand are opening that stage, and also means i'm going to have to try and get in by 11.30, which I don't think will happen in a month of Sunday's.

For anyone that went last year, what were the queues like getting in to the festival?

16 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

Still no sign of who the TBC is on the Key Club stage.

Assuming it's just going to be a smaller band.

It's mad that Cruel Hand are opening that stage, and also means i'm going to have to try and get in by 11.30, which I don't think will happen in a month of Sunday's.

For anyone that went last year, what were the queues like getting in to the festival?

Depends if you have your wristband early or not. Deffo suggest getting that day before if you can, if they offer that this year. If you have a wristband normally like a 45 min queue to get in at gate opening time in Leeds but as its earlier this year that could be completley different.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:03 PM, Tommy101 said:

Thanks

Will there be a struggle to get on the train? We're hoping to get back down to the south coast so need to get into London to get the connecting train. The shuttle bus will mean we need an extra tube so might not be worth it as long as we can get going.

My lot have always been more mind full of the train so we leave on the dot/just before the headliner finishing so I've never experienced it at it's worse but it is a bugger.

Going on the Islington afterparty shuttle may still be viable for you if you're going via Kings Cross/St Pancreas as it takes literally a few mins to get there on the tube from Angel.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, foolee said:

TBC can’t be simple creatures as All Time Low are on the signing tent at 2.10pm 

Does it have to be the entire band doing the signing tho? I honestly don't know how the signing tent works as I've never bothered with it.

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If I was an ATL fan and went to a signing and Alex wasn’t there, I would be pissed as hell. 

If it was one of those £150 meet and greet backstage things I can understand but if it's a free signing they can't really complain.

Never played before and not Simple Creatures. Based on bands member being there with other bands either Me First or Mariachi El Bronx. I suppose Nevus too but I don't think you'd bother hyping it up as a secret.

@BlackFoxx thanks for that. Get Up Kids are clashing at Slam Dunk so was I gonna miss them and Tufnell Park is right near me.

Edited by jump
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Image may contain: text and outdoor

Might be of interest to some people going to this

I am honestly so gutted I can't go to this, especially as I probably wont see either of those at the festival.

3 minutes ago, jump said:

Never played before and not Simple Creatures. Based on bands member being there with other bands either Me First or Mariachi El Bronx. I suppose Nevus too but I don't think you'd bother hyping it up as a secret.

Honestly hope it isn't Simple Creatures, absolute shower of shite. Me First is a shout, but I don't know if they would hype that either, a lot of kids would be very disappointed with that.

I've seen stuffed going around that it's Carousel Kings.
This article has them listed as playing, could also be a misprint I suppose?
https://www.altpress.com/news/carousel-kings-code-breaker-smile-recap/
Kind of makes sense that low down the line up, but not why they're hyping it up so much.
Unless it's just a marketing tactic to build hype and get everyone posting/talking about it cause that's a pretty underwhelming secret guest aha.

12 minutes ago, jcarb said:

I've seen stuffed going around that it's Carousel Kings.
This article has them listed as playing, could also be a misprint I suppose?
https://www.altpress.com/news/carousel-kings-code-breaker-smile-recap/
Kind of makes sense that low down the line up, but not why they're hyping it up so much.
Unless it's just a marketing tactic to build hype and get everyone posting/talking about it cause that's a pretty underwhelming secret guest aha.

I would say because it's obviously not them.