Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

For me it would be...

William Ryan Key > The Plot in You > Tiny Moving Parts > remainder of Mad Caddies > remainder of Turnstile > Waterparks > Simple Plan > Story of the Year > majority of Less Than Jake > New Found Glory > NOFX

Kinda makes me wish I got a ticket now.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Damn, I totally skipped over TMP! I’ll defin catch them. And MAN. Yeah, that’s the only clash that really sucks for me but I can’t be missing Turnstile :P 

I'm a bit tempted to see Trophy Eyes instead as this will be my 5th time and I've got a ticket for Trees but then again Turnstile are one of my favourite bands and I really didn't like the new Trophy Eyes album

2 hours ago, jump said:

It could be worse and they decide Plain White Ts were the extra headliner option.

I can't think of anything worse

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

Apart from the Turnstile/Trophy Eyes clash, I think I have got away with it quite lightly. 

Tiny Moving Parts - Trophy Eyes - Millencolin - The Bronx - The Get Up Kids -  Menzingers - NOFX

BOOM!

What a day :) 

100% recommend Touche Amore if you haven't listened to them before. One of my favourite bands both on record and live. Can't wait to see them again! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’m really happy with the times overall. I’ll echo the above that it sucks that The Menzingers and Glassjaw finish early leaving me with the choice between ATL, NOFX and BFMV. Slim pickings there. I’ll decide on the day how I want to end the festival and whilst I’d really like to see NOFX, I suspect I’ll end up at ATL as one of my mate’s who I’m going with is super keen to see them (the weirdo). 

My day looks like this (it looks bloody good, right?): 

Kubali Khan > Knocked Loose > Turnstile > Seaway > Real Friends > Employed To Serve > Neck Deep > Touché Amoré > The Menzingers > All Time Low / NOFX / BFMV 

It's mad that a day like it is can give you a schedule choice of virtually every band different to another. I might see Seaway in the gap I have/listen in with some food but bar the headline choice I can't see me being at any of the others which isn't a bad thing obviously.

Buzzing for this, it'll be my first year despite eyeing up the lineups for a few years. I would have wanted to go to the Midlands date but obviously that isn't an option anymore so I'm off to Leeds.

WSTR > Boston Manor > Turnstile > Cancer Bats > SHVPES > Employed To Serve > Gallows > Touche Amore > Glassjaw > NOFX

8 minutes ago, foolee said:

That’d be hella good but I can’t see their 1st show back being a secret set at slam dunk unfortunately. Just a hunch or itk?

Hannah tweeted saying she hopes the weather is better at SD this year. I know she’s dating someone linked to Neck Deep (possibly the drum tech from what I’ve heard) and she performed with Neck Deep when they supported Don Broco’s arena tour recently so it could just be that but it’s being heavily implied on the DL forum by a couple of people that something to do with Creeper is going to be happening on Easter weekend. I’m hoping that they might show up in that slot at SD. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Hannah tweeted saying she hopes the weather is better at SD this year. I know she’s dating someone linked to Neck Deep (possibly the drum tech from what I’ve heard) and she performed with Neck Deep when they supported Don Broco’s arena tour recently so it could just be that but it’s being heavily implied on the DL forum by a couple of people that something to do with Creeper is going to be happening on Easter weekend. I’m hoping that they might show up in that slot at SD. 

That would give a little decision to make but i saw them last time and there's others clashing I haven't.

Think my day will look something like William Ryan Key -> Milk Teeth -> Anti-Flag -> Tiny Moving Parts -> Trophy Eyes -> Tigers Jaw -> Seaway -> Saves The Day -> Real Friends -> The Get Up Kids -> Neck Deep -> Touche Amore -> Bad Religion -> The Menzingers -> NOFX

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jericode said:

No chance now that they're Reading subs.

Still think Don Broco but would happily take either Offspring or Sum 41.

Sum 41 and then Offspring subbing Green Day at Download would make for a decent summer.

After subbing R&L and with a new album, ADTR are absolutely in the conversation to headline Download in 2020. 

The Offspring aren’t anywhere near big enough to sub Download these days. 

Don Broco are a great shout to headline. I could definitely see that happening. I’m expecting Pierce The Veil to get a big slot, possibly sub, at Slam Dunk 2020, too. 

52 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

After subbing R&L and with a new album, ADTR are absolutely in the conversation to headline Download in 2020. 

I meant no chance in terms of settling for Slam Dunk, I already agreed with you they should be Download headliners :P 

Blink are still massive, they aren't dropping to Slam Dunk either.

What's capacity of the South site these days?
I assume it'll be similar to the new North site?

I mean if they put enough money into it, I don't see why they couldn't bands of that size.
The festival seems to have grown significantly in the past couple of years and ticket prices just keep increasing.
I mean they're getting close to Leeds fest day ticket prices.

5 minutes ago, jcarb said:

What's capacity of the South site these days?
I assume it'll be similar to the new North site?

I mean if they put enough money into it, I don't see why they couldn't bands of that size.
The festival seems to have grown significantly in the past couple of years and ticket prices just keep increasing.
I mean they're getting close to Leeds fest day ticket prices.

I was under the impression it was 15,000 now? Could be wrong though.

I wonder what will happen with the Punk in Drublic stage next year, really it can only be a bit of a one time thing, unless someone like The Offspring headlined it, I think they are a bit too old-school for the kids that go to Slam Dunk to headline outright.

While this is the best line-up for me personally since about 2013, I would like to see a bit more ska next year, as they've gone from having a fair bit, to not really having any at all.

Even though it's highly unlikely, I would still love them to try and get some reunions of some of the UK bands that were big 03-05, Adequate 7, Shootin' Goon, Captain Everything, and it would be cool if they had some of the American ska bands like Steetlight or Big D over.

With regards to headliners, Don Broco is a strong possibility, i think if they up the capacity another 5000 A Day To Remember could still do it, I don't think they are anywhere near headlining Download, not in comparison to the size of the bands that usually headline Download.

43 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

With regards to headliners, Don Broco is a strong possibility, i think if they up the capacity another 5000 A Day To Remember could still do it, I don't think they are anywhere near headlining Download, not in comparison to the size of the bands that usually headline Download.

And if they don't start promoting other bands there won't be anyone to headline Download at all by 2030, half their headliners have one foot in the retirement home as it is.

• Upvote 1

In a recent Kerrang the guy that started/is the owner of Slam Dunk stated about Don Broco being an act he'd like to book/see headline in the future. I could also see a Simple Creatures set at next years festival. SUM 41 have to be in with a shout with a new album, I'd also add Angels and Airwaves to the mix as they have announced a tour so I suspect an album will also be on the way. 

Angels and Airwaves please. That’d be lovely. 

I really do think that if Slam Dunk continues to expand as it has within the next decade it could end up being a 2 day dual site festival that works in the same way as R&L with bigger acts headlining.