Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

On 4/6/2019 at 12:29 AM, justanothername said:

Touché have basically confirmed that they're doing Dead Horse in full at SD which has got me even more excited for their set!

Whilst that is cool it makes me want to see them less. If they’re doing that I don’t think I’ll bother going to see them as I’m not as familiar with that album and they didn’t play Flowers and You last time I saw them at Download so if I go and see them again and they don’t play it I’ll be really bummed out :lol: 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Whilst that is cool it makes me want to see them less. If they’re doing that I don’t think I’ll bother going to see them as I’m not as familiar with that album and they didn’t play Flowers and You last time I saw them at Download so if I go and see them again and they don’t play it I’ll be really bummed out :lol: 

To be fair, it's only 18 minutes long so they'll have plenty of time to get a few more out and Flowers and You has become their most popular recently so I can't see them not playing. Saw them taking requests on twitter for the US shows so if you're feeling desperate, maybe try begging them :lol:

Set times tomorrow would be great, given I'm going and don't know any of the bands playing (girlfriend's choice). Least it gives me a good month to give whoever we're seeing a listen.

Has anyone done the coach to the festival before? Looking at doing Colchester to London. Assume it's all pretty straightforward? 

From the 2000 trees thread;

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Why does Dickies/Marshall end at 8:50? It's really dumb. Even Key Club stage finishes early so your final act is a choice between ATL, BFMV and NOFX.

I'm not brothered about Glassjaw and Menzingers clashing, it's more that why do they finish so early? Feels like they're cutting down on set lengths for no reason.

IMG_20190410_082721.jpg

I've just gone onto Clashfinder and they are already up with the correct times.

https://clashfinder.com/s/slamdunkfestivalsouth/?user=0f6hqb.a6&

I'm pleased with the times, my main concerns of Cancer Bats & Interrupters and Anti-Flag & Milk Teeth only slightly overlap, the other clashes I'm not hugely fussed about. I've still got to decided between NoFX or Bullet tho, I may just flip a coin to choose.

Edited by jump
  • Upvote 1

The only thing annoying me really is that neither Glassjaw or Menzingers finish late and I'm not really a fan of 3 choices. Could have also easily made it so that Dickies and Impericon didn't clash as well which would have way more sense but nope. There is some overlap as well but nothing that is really bothering me. Miss a few mins of some bands. But I think my day will go like this.

Angel Du$t > WSTR > Knocked Loose > Tiny Moving Parts > Turnstile > Seaway > Saves the Day > Real Friends > Employed to Serve > Neck Deep > Touche Amore > Glassjaw (start) > Menzingers

I would love to go home at that point but I'm probably getting a lift there/back so I'll have to stick around and watch someone. If it was still in city centre I could have got some decent food at least. Guess I'll be dragged to All Time Low then.

Yeah the non-main stages finishing early is odd especially as you'd think it'll help with splitting the crowd but it's not uncommon for them to do that and tbh I was always going to see either Bullet or NoFX as the headliners so I'm not fussed.

My day is going; Milk Teeth > Anti-Flag > Mad Caddies > The Interrupters > Cancer Bats > The Bronx > Less Than Jake/Gallows > Bad Religion/Menzingers > Bullet/NoFX

I'll end up missing The Get Up Kids, Chas, Angel Du$t and Millencolin but I can live with that.

I’m really happy with the times overall. I’ll echo the above that it sucks that The Menzingers and Glassjaw finish early leaving me with the choice between ATL, NOFX and BFMV. Slim pickings there. I’ll decide on the day how I want to end the festival and whilst I’d really like to see NOFX, I suspect I’ll end up at ATL as one of my mate’s who I’m going with is super keen to see them (the weirdo). 

My day looks like this (it looks bloody good, right?): 

Kubali Khan > Knocked Loose > Turnstile > Seaway > Real Friends > Employed To Serve > Neck Deep > Touché Amoré > The Menzingers > All Time Low / NOFX / BFMV 

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, jump said:

Yeah the non-main stages finishing early is odd especially as you'd think it'll help with splitting the crowd but it's not uncommon for them to do that and tbh I was always going to see either Bullet or NoFX as the headliners so I'm not fussed.

But last year only two of the stages finished early still giving you around 5 bands to choose from. It seems like they decided to go for the option of Pop Punk, Old School and Heavy without much thought since I bet that the crossover between fans is quite small between the stages finishing early.

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m really happy with the times overall. I’ll echo the above that it sucks that The Menzingers and Glassjaw finish early leaving me with the choice between ATL, NOFX and BFMV. Slim pickings there. I’ll decide on the day how I want to end the festival and whilst I’d really like to see NOFX, I suspect I’ll end up at ATL as one of my mate’s who I’m going with is super keen to see them (the weirdo). 

My day looks like this (it looks bloody good, right?): 

Kubali Khan > Knocked Loose > Turnstile > Seaway > Real Friends > Employed To Serve > Neck Deep > Touché Amoré > The Menzingers > All Time Low / NOFX / BFMV 

Not seeing Tiny Moving Parts? And I bet that Trophy Eyes/Turnstile clash killed you.

7 minutes ago, justanothername said:

But last year only two of the stages finished early still giving you around 5 bands to choose from. It seems like they decided to go for the option of Pop Punk, Old School and Heavy without much thought since I bet that the crossover between fans is quite small between the stages finishing early.

Not seeing Tiny Moving Parts? And I bet that Trophy Eyes/Turnstile clash killed you.

Damn, I totally skipped over TMP! I’ll defin catch them. And MAN. Yeah, that’s the only clash that really sucks for me but I can’t be missing Turnstile :P 

3 minutes ago, justanothername said:

It could be worse and they decide Plain White Ts were the extra headliner option.