Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

I'm more surprised they notice things like their positions on posters at overseas festivals. When you're playing a load of shows in a short space you'd think they would just all blur together unless this was one they were looking forward to specifically which might explain why they were annoyed when they were pushed down the line up.

4 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm more surprised they notice things like their positions on posters at overseas festivals. When you're playing a load of shows in a short space you'd think they would just all blur together unless this was one they were looking forward to specifically which might explain why they were annoyed when they were pushed down the line up.

I just don't see what the big deal was. Then at the same time if Parkway and Architects were both headlining I'm not sure why they didn't just make the bands the same size on the poster, over losing a headliner. Seems so easily avoidable. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, moams said:

. Are there any bands that anyone recommends watching?

I'm hoping my day goes something like this - Turnstile - Trophy Eyes - Cancer Bats - Saves the Day - The Bronx - Millencolin - The Menzingers - NOFX 

If clashfinder is correct, I should just about be able to pull that off. 

Can't wait. Gonna be an awesome day! 

Just fyi last year Milk Teeth had a reshuffle of their band members and it seems both guitarists have left and been replaced by Em Foster (the new line up is on their latest single Stain). Anyone seen the new line up recently and are they still as good as they were before? 

I really like Tiny Moving Parts if you have nothing to see after milk teeth.

6 hours ago, Optix said:

Just fyi last year Milk Teeth had a reshuffle of their band members and it seems both guitarists have left and been replaced by Em Foster (the new line up is on their latest single Stain). Anyone seen the new line up recently and are they still as good as they were before? 

I really like Tiny Moving Parts if you have nothing to see after milk teeth.

Milk Teeth largely works based on Becky Blomfield's (the frontwomen) charisma and have already gone through a big line up change before, whilst I've not seen the current line up I'd be surprised if they are shit live now.

Does anyone know what happened with the other guys from the band to leave?

3 hours ago, jump said:

it's weird the non-clashing stages are right next to each other to the point they are almost on top of each other, it makes sense since both stages wont be playing at the same time but it's weird to look at.

The dickies/Marshall stage heavily reminds me of what warped tour did in the US with some of their stages/did with their stages when they were in ally pally. 

It’ll be interesting to see how big the tent is that’s holding the Jägermeister and Impericon stages. You’d have thought BFMV would pull a big crowd so they’d want to make sure everyone who wants to watch them can. 

Looks like the Dickies and Marshall Stages aren’t going to be clashing at all up North seeing how they’re directly next to each other with the same crowd space. That’s great for me because I should get to catch Trophy Eyes :D 

Edited by Andre91

13 hours ago, Optix said:

The dickies/Marshall stage heavily reminds me of what warped tour did in the US with some of their stages/did with their stages when they were in ally pally. 

Doesn't Hellfest do similar? Australian festivals do it as well, and I'm guessing it's quite a semi-normal thing elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Doesn't Hellfest do similar? Australian festivals do it as well, and I'm guessing it's quite a semi-normal thing elsewhere.

They used to do it years ago when it was in Leeds Refectory with main stage/introducing stage and Give It A Name was similar back in the day when that was still a thing.