Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

12 minutes ago, jump said:

The splits are out and apparently the Marshall stage and Dickies stage wont clash, not sure why though.

D0WGv61WkAEI1zB.jpg:large

That's fine by me. Get to see Seaway clash free. I'm probably gonna stay at Impericon and Dickies stages and maybe try to see Press to Meco, Employed to Serve and Neck Deep depending on clashes. Happy with that. Could have been a train wreck.

Just hoping now that Glassjaw and The Menzingers don't clash as well as Knocked Loose and TMP. They're the only 2 potential big ones for me.

Edited by justanothername

To be honest the stage splits don’t make too much difference to knowing who will be clashing because of the 4 stages that don’t clash, although I would assume bullet will be clashing with ATL but no idea who will be clashing with ATL from the menzingers or plain white t’s. Can someone do a clashfinder mock up please?

Edited by foolee

51 minutes ago, foolee said:

To be honest the stage splits don’t make too much difference to knowing who will be clashing because of the 4 stages that don’t clash, although I would assume bullet will be clashing with ATL but no idea who will be clashing with ATL from the menzingers or plain white t’s. Can someone do a clashfinder mock up please?

There's one on clashfinder already.

https://clashfinder.com/s/sdf2019

Edited by jump

58 minutes ago, foolee said:

To be honest Seaway are the only band I'd bother without of the top 3 stages.

Milk Teeth -> Boston Manor -> Tiny Moving Parts -> Turnstile -> Tigers Jaw -> Cancer Bats -> Saves the Day -> Real Friends -> The Get Up Kids -> Gallows -> Touche Amore -> Glassjaw -> The Menzingers . Now that would be one amazing run of bands!

That’s not worked out bad at all really. The only shitty clash I should have is Trophy Eyes vs. Turnstile but I’ll choose Turnstile. 

Going by that clashfinder above, my day looks great: 

WSTR > Knocked Loose > Tiny Moving Parts > Turnstile > Tigers Jaw > Saves The Day > Neck Deep (or The Get Up Kids) / Less Than Jake (or Gallows) > Touché Amoré > Glassjaw > The Menzingers 

• Like 1

Assuming that the clashfinder has got the right stages opening first (and that it corrects the clash between Glassjaw and BFMV) and not in

Angel Du$t > WSTR (if I can be arsed seeing the end of their set) > Knocked Loose > Tiny Moving Parts > Turnstile > Press to Meco > Tigers Jaw >  Seaway > Saves The Day > Real Friends > Neck Deep or Employed to Serve  > Touche Amore > Glassjaw > The Menzingers

Not too shabby tbh. Get to see most of what I want apart from either Employed to Serve or Neck Deep which is fine by me. Also, I'm thinking that there has to be some alternation between Dickies and Impericon as Touche and Gallows clashing would be dumb imo. I expect there to be some lap over but nothing too crazy hopefully. 

Edited by justanothername

19 hours ago, somethingpersonal said:

Do we think the Special guest on the Marshall stage will be first on, or could they slot in further up? 

I wouldn't be surprised at it being Simple Creatures, Alex is already there and they're playing Download like 2 weeks later?
I'd assume a special stage/festival opener slot to get everyone in the arena earlier?

3 minutes ago, jcarb said:

I wouldn't be surprised at it being Simple Creatures, Alex is already there and they're playing Download like 2 weeks later?
I'd assume a special stage/festival opener slot to get everyone in the arena earlier?

Hmm not sure they would headline DL but play first at SD. 

Im thinking Set Your Goals after they bailed last year. They would fit that stage. 

2 hours ago, AshP said:

Hmm not sure they would headline DL but play first at SD. 

Im thinking Set Your Goals after they bailed last year. They would fit that stage. 

Not sure why they'd hold that back? I mean they've not been active since they cancelled last year?

I'm honestly not sure how they're going to headline a stage with 2 EPs worth of material?
I mean they'll have released one of them by then but the other depends on ATL and Blink release dates.
I get they have hype due to the members but they're not changing the world are they? Aha
And that's not me saying they suck, because Drug was a banger.

25 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

They wouldn't be able to headline a stage at Slam Dunk as Alex is already headlining the fest

Well yeah... 

I just ment why would they play a 30 min opening slot on a smaller festival whr  theyll be headlining a big one two weeks later. 

2 hours ago, AshP said:

Well yeah... 

I just ment why would they play a 30 min opening slot on a smaller festival whr  theyll be headlining a big one two weeks later. 

It's all about exposure. They'll get the chance to play in front of a very different crowd at Slam Dunk and whatever stage they play will be packed out for an early set because so many All Time Low fans will be there and willing to watch anything Alex does. Lot of people might pop along just because it's Mark Hoppus too. 

A band generally wouldn't bother opening a stage at Slam Dunk if they were headlining the 3rd stage at Download 2 weeks later, you're right, but at this point in time Simple Creatures will want to get their music and EP in front of as many people as possible. Playing both Download and Slam Dunk is a big way to do that in the UK. No idea if they're planning any EU shows or fests as well, but as well for Hoppus to come over to the UK other than doing some press for Simple Creatures/Blink, makes a lot of sense that they'd do a show at Slam Dunk too. 

They won't need to protect the value of the brand/band as there isn't one at the moment anyway, they're not in a position to not want to open a stage at a festival or cry about their logo being smaller than another band that's bigger than them anyway (OH HI ARCHITECTS). It being billed as a special guest appearance protects their brand anyway as it's a special thing, not just them opening the stage as if they're a small nothing band. 

It makes perfect sense that they'd do it and I'd be surprised if it wasn't them at this point.

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

On 3/2/2019 at 4:21 PM, Pop Punk Sucks said:

It's all about exposure. They'll get the chance to play in front of a very different crowd at Slam Dunk and whatever stage they play will be packed out for an early set because so many All Time Low fans will be there and willing to watch anything Alex does. Lot of people might pop along just because it's Mark Hoppus too. 

A band generally wouldn't bother opening a stage at Slam Dunk if they were headlining the 3rd stage at Download 2 weeks later, you're right, but at this point in time Simple Creatures will want to get their music and EP in front of as many people as possible. Playing both Download and Slam Dunk is a big way to do that in the UK. No idea if they're planning any EU shows or fests as well, but as well for Hoppus to come over to the UK other than doing some press for Simple Creatures/Blink, makes a lot of sense that they'd do a show at Slam Dunk too. 

They won't need to protect the value of the brand/band as there isn't one at the moment anyway, they're not in a position to not want to open a stage at a festival or cry about their logo being smaller than another band that's bigger than them anyway (OH HI ARCHITECTS). It being billed as a special guest appearance protects their brand anyway as it's a special thing, not just them opening the stage as if they're a small nothing band. 

It makes perfect sense that they'd do it and I'd be surprised if it wasn't them at this point.

Doesn't Mark Hoppus live in London with his Wife most of the time? So travelling to Hatfield and Leeds wouldn't be too much hassle for him at all.
Definitely the best way to get exposure for the band would be to play both fests, both being the biggest UK fests for their fan base.
Opening set makes sense like I said to get people into the arena early on in the day, especially Leeds as there's not really any bars around the venue so they'd make more money on food/drink with people in the arena earlier. d:
Don't know about the Hatfield site, though I assume a similar situation?

Leeds site probably lost out on a lot of food/drink sales to the two wetherspoons right next to the site aha!

On 3/2/2019 at 4:21 PM, Pop Punk Sucks said:

What's this about?

Did I miss something?