Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

On 2/8/2019 at 1:29 PM, gary1979666 said:

A pure guess, based on the poster and stages announced so far.  No idea what the smaller bands are like, so could have grouped the last two stages terribly!  As Jump say, not much space left - maybe one on the main, a couple lower down, then acoustic stage (speaking of which - any of the other bands have acoustic material - loved the 4 Yr Strong acoustic set last year).

Main - ATL / NFG / Simpleplan / Plain White Ts / HelloGoodbye / Real Friends / Lights / WTSR

Jager  - Bullet / Atreyu / SOTY / Silverstein / The Word Alive / Wage War / The Plot in You

PiD - NOFX / BR / LTJ / Lagwagon / Millencolin / Interrupters / Mad Caddies / Anti Flag / Bombpops

Impericon - Glassjaw / Gallows / Bronx / CancerBats / Turnstyle / Knocked Loose / Angel Dust

Signature - Metzingers / Waterparks / Get Up Kids / Saves The Day / Tigers Jaw / Tiny Moving Parts /Milk Teeth / Microwave

Other - Touche Amore / Seaway / Trophy Eyes / iDKHow / Employed to Serve / Pagan / Our Hollow Our Home / Wall Flower

Looking at it laid out like this - Unless they're having an extra stage this year, there won't be a "breakout" stage - apart from IDKhow, Pagan and Wallflower there aren't really any suitable bands for it, and even then i'd say these bands are relatively established. And there were only 6 stages last year, one of which was the breakout stage. (obviously i'm discounting the acoustic stage).

On 2/8/2019 at 1:29 PM, gary1979666 said:

A pure guess, based on the poster and stages announced so far.  No idea what the smaller bands are like, so could have grouped the last two stages terribly!  As Jump say, not much space left - maybe one on the main, a couple lower down, then acoustic stage (speaking of which - any of the other bands have acoustic material - loved the 4 Yr Strong acoustic set last year).

Main - ATL / NFG / Simpleplan / Plain White Ts / HelloGoodbye / Real Friends / Lights / WTSR

Jager  - Bullet / Atreyu / SOTY / Silverstein / The Word Alive / Wage War / The Plot in You

PiD - NOFX / BR / LTJ / Lagwagon / Millencolin / Interrupters / Mad Caddies / Anti Flag / Bombpops

Impericon - Glassjaw / Gallows / Bronx / CancerBats / Turnstyle / Knocked Loose / Angel Dust

Signature - Metzingers / Waterparks / Get Up Kids / Saves The Day / Tigers Jaw / Tiny Moving Parts /Milk Teeth / Microwave

Other - Touche Amore / Seaway / Trophy Eyes / iDKHow / Employed to Serve / Pagan / Our Hollow Our Home / Wall Flower

I was thinking touché + menzingers could be on main stage and real friends could headline some sort of pop punk stage. At least I’m hoping they are. I’d be gutted if touché clashed with the other headliners.  

Also waterparks are the same size (more or less) as As It Is, who headlined signature brew last year, so they could easily headline that stage instead of sub

On 2/9/2019 at 2:06 PM, huntyyy said:

Looking at it laid out like this - Unless they're having an extra stage this year, there won't be a "breakout" stage - apart from IDKhow, Pagan and Wallflower there aren't really any suitable bands for it, and even then i'd say these bands are relatively established. And there were only 6 stages last year, one of which was the breakout stage. (obviously i'm discounting the acoustic stage).

As for how many stages, last year the Key Club stage was an acoustic stage but in previous years it’s been a pop punk stage. (The story so far headlined it in 2017 I think?). They could bring that back, along with having signature brew still. 

Plus they’re on a field now so I assume there’s room for extra stages 

3 minutes ago, lexiins said:

what are the guesses for tomorrow's announcement?

I'd imagine it's gonna be a few bands to fill out the rest of the stages rather than name acts.

The most interesting part will be the stage splits as that can make or fuck the festival for me. I'm hoping the midday acts I want to see like The Bronx, Milk Teeth, Cancer Bats, Interrupters, Anti-Flag, The Get Up Kids, Millencolin and Mad Caddies all avoid each other. 

2 hours ago, juneau said:

Hoping for The Distillers.

Can't see them being anywhere other than R&L this summer

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Swmrs wouldn't surprise me since they're on the Kerrang cover but suspect it'll be mostly smaller bands to flesh out the lower card, we'll have surely had all the big names by now.

Kerrang covers don't really give an indication of who is to play and it's being announced at 4 tomorrow so it probably wont even be in Kerrang

1 hour ago, Alex Winstone said:

Hoping for Black Peaks, Alexisonfire or Frank Carter to be added to the BFMV stage! 

Think Dream State will open up the main stage, Trash Boat, ROAM, Cant' Swim also added.

Guessing that stage is full. Can't see anyone else being added

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

Spanish Love Songs pleeeeease 

Over here in early May with Pkew Pkew Pkew so I highly doubt it but it's a great little tour. Highly recommend Pkew Pkew Pkew if you haven't listened to them before

Edited by justanothername
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AshP said:

They said 'HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT' this week on the IG post about the BFMV stage so might be a whole other big stage or anything 

I don't believe they said huge announcement. It'll be a load of smaller bands I'd presume with 1 maybe mid sized act for a mainstage. I'd like to see the stage splits tomorrow too but not happening.

Thinking they might pull something out of the bag, Slam dunk liked a Frank Carter post earlier but don’t think so cause of R&L. Alexisonfire are teasing something. Sum 41 haven’t announced a UK gig yet but are touring. Don Broco/Neck Deep/Issues just played a big gig so maybe an announcement to come - same for Good Charlottes support tomorrow night and Simple Creatures (Mark Hoppus & Alex ATL) have a song out or it could just be the last small bands. Those are my thoughts anyway! 

I counted up bands the other day and if we’re going by numbers last year, we should only have around 4/5 bands left. So to have one be as big as frank carter or sum 41 would make sense if it’s meant to be a “huge announcement”. 

I was expecting neck deep to disappear for a bit but if anyone off of Don Broco’s tour was to be announced, i think issues could be a shout! 

Even just with Boston Manor and Simple Creatures I’d be happy though, it’d be interesting to see what SC are like live. 

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Also slam dunk liked a Boston Manor post so think they could be one of the acts to be announced tomorrow. Are we thinking 4am or 4pm for all the acts? 

They did say tomorrow morning so I suppose that means it should be 4am but that's fucking retarded to announce it at that hour.