Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

40 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Yep, 2017, great set too.

Marmozets did in 2014, the rest seem like available options. ATC would be a nice choice.

Still betting on Simple Plan, they've not played it yet surprisingly.

Flogging Molly and Simple Plan would be great. Alkaline Trio would be ace but likely to have played.

10 you say? Clutching at straws for Title Fight, Turnstile and Hot Mulligan then.

Edit: Knocked Loose would be great as well

6 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Turnstile did play not so long ago, did they not? Maybe even in the last couple of years?

The Front Bottoms, Tiny Moving Parts, Movements, Flogging Molly would all be amazing though.

Pretty sure Turnstile have never played. Always been at Outbreak instead.

Edited by justanothername

I'm going for Less Than Jake, Sum 41, The Front Bottoms, MxPx, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Simple Plan, Remo Drive, Knocked Loose, Movements and Against The Current to be announced.

Wildcard shouts would be Turnstile, Papa Roach, Title Fight, Tigers Jaw, or even Alexisonfire somehow.

21 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

I'm going for Less Than Jake, Sum 41, The Front Bottoms, MxPx, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Simple Plan, Remo Drive, Knocked Loose, Movements and Against The Current to be announced.

Wildcard shouts would be Turnstile, Papa Roach, Title Fight, Tigers Jaw, or even Alexisonfire somehow.

If that happens then wow....I'd find it hard to see me getting a better line-up for a fest this year, for the money at least. That said I don't think any major fest bar Glastonbury would beat that for me....Glastonbury caters tbh to a lot of guilty pleasures and others bits but not so much to the rockier side of things I like. The days of Glasto booking the likes of JEW and WAS was great.

Loathe played this year so they won't be in this announcement if they play.

It's really hard to guess since we've got zero indication of what size these bands are going to be. Would have to assume a decent spread across the board.

Side note away from tomorrow's announcement, Set It Off are back on tour again next year, North America leg goes through to the end of March so wouldn't shock me if they went somewhere else then played a few UK shows including Slam Dunk like they did in 2017.

Turnstile would be such a good move, I’d love to see more bands in that realm play! (Angel du$t, Title Fight)

I think the fever 333 are likely to be there! And Set it off apparently have announcements this week(?). Culture Abuse, Trophy Eyes, Boston Manor, Casey and maybe even Basement are shouts too.

Maybe not on this announcement but WSTR have a new album and didn’t play last year. Neck deep have nothing planned either after the broco tour, they could definitely take a main stage slot and tend to do it every other year. 

I’m really interested to see what the stages will be like this year now that both venues have moved. Do we think they’re gonna have a coheadliner again or just drop monster back down to a second stage? 

EDIT: I’m talking in general mainly rather than tomorrows announcement, I know Boston Manor etc have already played 

Edited by somethingpersonal

7 hours ago, Jericode said:

Loathe played this year so they won't be in this announcement if they play.

It's really hard to guess since we've got zero indication of what size these bands are going to be. Would have to assume a decent spread across the board.

Side note away from tomorrow's announcement, Set It Off are back on tour again next year, North America leg goes through to the end of March so wouldn't shock me if they went somewhere else then played a few UK shows including Slam Dunk like they did in 2017.

I'd love Sick of it All to play as they are around early on and Download haven't announced them yet. Could easily fit in on the bill...but also on the 2000 Trees.

i saw less than jake in leeds last week and roger said they would be back in leeds next year which could only mean slammy so my money is on them as the one that has played before(subbing Nofx on fireball stage), as for the 10 that haven't im hoping for: menzingers, front bottoms, sum 41, mustard plug, wheatus, "A", aquabats, nerf herder, army of freshmen, bosstones, suburban legends (some of those are very hopeful)

a lot of people are sayin dropkick murphys and/or flogging molly could play, i doubt it as they both have tours coming up.

possibly parkway drive if the metal stage is second biggest?

Edited by greasy grazzler

38 minutes ago, greasy grazzler said:

i saw less than jake in leeds last week and roger said they would be back in leeds next year which could only mean slammy so my money is on them as the one that has played before(subbing Nofx on fireball stage), as for the 10 that haven't im hoping for: menzingers, front bottoms, sum 41, mustard plug, wheatus, "A", aquabats, nerf herder, army of freshmen, bosstones, suburban legends (some of those are very hopeful)

a lot of people are sayin dropkick murphys and/or flogging molly could play, i doubt it as they both have tours coming up.

They could be announced later on.

1 hour ago, greasy grazzler said:

i saw less than jake in leeds last week and roger said they would be back in leeds next year which could only mean slammy so my money is on them as the one that has played before(subbing Nofx on fireball stage), as for the 10 that haven't im hoping for: menzingers, front bottoms, sum 41, mustard plug, wheatus, "A", aquabats, nerf herder, army of freshmen, bosstones, suburban legends (some of those are very hopeful)

Yeah...no other festivals in Leeds

On 11/19/2018 at 1:20 PM, Jericode said:

Apparently 10 of the 11 they're announcing tomorrow have never played the festival before.

The other one is probably Zebrahead.

Can confirm no Zebrahead next year at Slam Dunk. They are in Germany playing a Festival that weekend and will be doing Download instead. 

Edit: Really dragging this announcement... 

Edited by Arun1910
  • Upvote 2

DsdkbgAWwAA5dOP.jpg:large

New bands: Bullet for My Valentine, Glassjaw, Simple Plan, The Menzingers, The Get Up Kids, Saves the Day, Turnstile, Knocked Loose, IDKHow, Trophy Eyes, Tiny Moving Parts, Trophy Eyes being the returning band.

Would never have guessed Bullet, that's a big pull for them given they're a Download sub now. This looks really tempting for me now.

Edited by Jericode