Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

First acts announced Wednesday. Can't tell if this is simply a venue change to make organisation easier, or because they're trying to expand and increase in size. I wonder if they've booked a "bigger" headliner than we're used to.

I'm still going Sum 41 to headline.

27 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

First acts announced Wednesday. Can't tell if this is simply a venue change to make organisation easier, or because they're trying to expand and increase in size. I wonder if they've booked a "bigger" headliner than we're used to.

I'm still going Sum 41 to headline.

Is it being announced in kerrang? If so on their front page it’s got ‘All Time Low. New music, insecurity and Secret plans’ - I’m thinking those secret plans could be slam 

Just now, TommyS said:

Is it being announced in kerrang? If so on their front page it’s got ‘All Time Low. New music, insecurity and Secret plans’ - I’m thinking those secret plans could be slam 

Yeah it is being announced in Kerrang, if it is All Time Low then that's pretty predictable (my second choice for headliner lmao) but also a really boring choice especially as they've headlined before.

I think it's either going to be All Time Low or ADTR. I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull something bigger out the bag though. 

Temple Newsam is a big site and working outdoors will give them a lot more freedom on capacity. Sum 41 aren't big enough to do it on their own and I can't see them doing another cohwadline.

9 hours ago, Jericode said:

How can you possibly say Sum 41 aren't big enough to headline? Ludicrous claim.

ADTR would be a coup because they're arguably bigger than this now if they're subbing Download.

8 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Sum 41 are easily big enough to headline this, going on past headliners. It'd also give me something to consider.

I think he's referring to the site itself, as Leeds fest used to be held there until they moved to Bramham Park.
So mainstage capacity should be significantly bigger than Millenium square/Arena.
Hoping the change in venue and drop to two days is to accommodate someone 'bigger', they must save a decent amount from not having a third day to filter into getting someone bigger than past headliners.
They need to pull someone bigger than Sum 41 to rake some of the butt hurt SD fans back aha.

• Upvote 1

I am kind of bummed out at Birmingham. It was my local, I have gone to North and South and I actually loved North cause it was right in the City Centre, now I don't know how I feel about the new site.

Also I remember years ago when they announced Birmingham they said they always wanted it their instead of Wolverhampton to bring over International fans. I knew a few German people who flew in to International and then the Festival was right outside the door.

Anyway, I really hope Sum 41 are headlining. They seem like the right size and they are supposed to have a new album out next year too.

Edit: Just remembered the bigger stage areas for this year, I still think main stage worthy, maybe the act just before headline would be fine.

Edited by Arun1910

Seen Sum 41 twice in Leeds over the past year (LF and O2 Academy) so that would be a boring choice for me.

Weezer is the dream, ADTR would be great, ATL would be awful. Paramore would also be fantastic but they're probably too big for this... depends how ambitious SD are. Would certainly win back some sceptical customers.

2 minutes ago, Vik Vinegar said:

Seen Sum 41 twice in Leeds over the past year (LF and O2 Academy) so that would be a boring choice for me.

Weezer is the dream, ADTR would be great, ATL would be awful. Paramore would also be fantastic but they're probably too big for this... depends how ambitious SD are. Would certainly win back some sceptical customers.

Paramore are on a 'break' so as much as that would be my dream come true, its incredibly unlikely. 

17 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Architects are apparently doing something on Twitter at 9AM tomorrow. Possible shout?

I think they are just releasing the video to their new song. Can't see them headlining main stage at whats essestially a pop punk festival to be honest.