Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

10 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Main Stage: Sum 41, Alkaline Trio, Simple Plan, The Bronx, Marmozets, Seaway, SWMRS, Milk Teeth, Broadside

Pop Punk stage: The Wonder Years, The Story So Far, PUP, Citizen, Joyce Manor, Gnarwolves, Iron Chic

Ska Stage: The Interuppters, Barstool Preachers, Capdown, The King Blues.

Hardcore Stage: Title Fight, Basement, Turnstile, Angel Dust, Higher Power, Puppy, Dream State, Strange bones

Other Pop punk stage; The Front Bottoms, Mallory Knox, ROAM, Muncie Girls, The Frights

WSTR are definitely going to be in their somewhere and I can see Waterparks making a return also.

12 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Main Stage: Sum 41, Alkaline Trio, Simple Plan, The Bronx, Marmozets, Seaway, SWMRS, Milk Teeth, Broadside

Pop Punk stage: The Wonder Years, The Story So Far, PUP, Citizen, Joyce Manor, Gnarwolves, Iron Chic

Hardcore Stage: Title Fight, Basement, Turnstile, Angel Dust, Higher Power, Puppy, Dream State, Strange bones

Other Pop punk stage; The Front Bottoms, Mallory Knox, ROAM, Muncie Girls, The Frights

Absolutely love this line-up and would probably have to go to multiple dates if it were anything like this, especially the main pop punk stage. Can't help but feel some placements are overly optimistic though, Marmozets/TSSF/Gnarwolves/Milk Teeth/Joyce Manor/and a few others all seem a little low to me and could maybe be a place or two higher? 

2 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Absolutely love this line-up and would probably have to go to multiple dates if it were anything like this, especially the main pop punk stage. Can't help but feel some placements are overly optimistic though, Marmozets/TSSF/Gnarwolves/Milk Teeth/Joyce Manor/and a few others all seem a little low to me and could maybe be a place or two higher? 

Marmozets, TSSF, Gnarwolves, Milk Teeth, joyce Manor on the same stage? Sounds better 

3 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Marmozets, TSSF, Gnarwolves, Milk Teeth, joyce Manor on the same stage? Sounds better 

Aha yeah that'd be a solid run of bands for sure. But like I think the last time TSSF and The Wonder Years both played slam dunk they headlined the "pop punk stage" and with both getting bigger since then with new releases (in the case of TSSF just about to drop) then I think they'd wanna play a bigger/different slot to before. Argument against that of course is that the festival might've gotten bigger since 2016 or whenever they were here and so it still could work without looking like stagnation from the bands (especially as they're both bands on the up rather than say your Less Than Jake's/Reel Big Fish's content on taking the same slot on the same stage each year). Not sure how much this kinda thinking applies to a more genre specific fest like Slam Dunk versus like when bands try and move up a R+L or Download line up, as could equally be the case where a band (particularly a US one like the ones I've mentioned) take whatever they're offered as it's good exposure in the scene and a good way to get to do a mini tour abroad regardless.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:04 PM, Alex Winstone said:

Can see some many clashes already but I don't think it is going to be anything like that and that Hardcore stage is too much straight up Hardcore/Outbreak Fest. Needs more Metalcore and Post-Harcore, also if Title Fight came back they'd probably do Outbreak instead.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:04 PM, Alex Winstone said:

That main stage is a ticket.

• 1 month later...

WTF are they doing, greedy bastards, oh lets make it outdoor in a field like every other bastard festival this way theres no pass out and everyone has to buy shit from the stalls on site that we will take a % from and also charge them to be there. How very punk and alternative of them. If they really think everyone from the Midlands venue is gunna just go to this on their buses they've got another thing coming. 

24 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

WTF are they doing, greedy bastards, oh lets make it outdoor in a field like every other bastard festival this way theres no pass out and everyone has to buy shit from the stalls on site that we will take a % from and also charge them to be there. How very punk and alternative of them. If they really think everyone from the Midlands venue is gunna just go to this on their buses they've got another thing coming. 

What I thought...they are using a bigger outdoor site North as a reason to not run it, I personally was tempted to try the South next year and I never used the pass out system....didn't know you could but I get people frustration.

I've been to South the last few years and found this year's to be the easiest from a logistics point of view - far easier to get around site, more space, no queues, great atmosphere.  I took the news as a really positive step to getting some of the bigger bands. 

I can get why the Midlands gangs aren't happy as it's not on their door step, but can see why the festival see it as progress.  The things that people complained about the most should get solved.  It's just they must be questioning the demand for the 3 site, now North and South have expanded.

The demand is more logistical reasons I suspect. I know for me personally the NEC was about 2.5 hours away, whereas I'm looking at 4 hours plus to get to either of the others. Makes it far less feasible to do as a one day job so I've now got no real choice but to look at accommodation costs on top of the more expensive journey.

I can't comment on it myself as I've only been to Birmingham and it doesn't affect me but I've seen a fair few comments about disabled access at the other sites being far worse than the NEC had, which will no doubt be a big factor for a lot of people.