Slam Dunk 2019

LRDJ

1 hour ago, jcarb said:

Can see Set Your Goals being there after pulling out of this year, still holding out for the UK Mutiny! shows!

Anyone got any hopes/thoughts on full album/anniversary sets, there seems to always be at least one each year.
I mean I think everyone would be happy with ADTR doing Homesick, probably too big for Dunk these days though!
Same for Paramore doing Brand New Eyes.
Probably going to be smaller bands though, FFTL doing dear diary now that Sonny is back and releasing music with them? ahaha!

No chance in either, looking at bands that would be placed around 4th down a Reading line-up, Panic went on to announce a big show at Ally Pally but those two are way past that now.

On 7/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, thewayiam said:

No chance in either, looking at bands that would be placed around 4th down a Reading line-up, Panic went on to announce a big show at Ally Pally but those two are way past that now.

Definitely, wasn't saying either was a possibility.
Would be the dream for either of those sets to round of a day at Dunk though. ?

3 hours ago, jcarb said:

Definitely, wasn't saying either was a possibility.
Would be the dream for either of those sets to round of a day at Dunk though. ?

Yes. SD did very well this year and for money there isn't much better although Kendrick day is Leeds this year has turned out very good, although I wouldn't see him. The other days however are usual shite imo.

Trying to put more thought into what I think for next year.

Sum 41 would be a very good headliner, in my opinion, no anniversary ties, just a straight greatest hits show. Looking it up I'm somewhat surprised they've never played the festival.

All Time Low only just did an anniversary tour thing so I'd put their headline contention down to whether there's more to follow from these two songs they've put out. New album and they're definitely a strong choice.

Real Friends have a new album and haven't played in a few years so I'd say they're almost definite. Not sure on As It Is since they just headlined a stage but they'd do a solid job on main with the new album out. Set It Off have new material coming too, would love them to come back. Ice Nine Kills have a new album coming so they'll almost certainly get a decent spot on the Impericon stage. With Confidence are probably in with a shout, don't know how all that allegation stuff affected them mind.

Probably Less Than Jake's turn to headline the Fireball stage, Flogging Molly subbing it perhaps?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say Hey Monday for the legacy/return/album in full set. Was re-listening to it recently and it's still a fantastic album so would love it personally.

26 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Sum 41 would be a very good headliner, in my opinion, no anniversary ties, just a straight greatest hits show. Looking it up I'm somewhat surprised they've never played the festival.

All Time Low only just did an anniversary tour thing so I'd put their headline contention down to whether there's more to follow from these two songs they've put out. New album and they're definitely a strong choice.

Real Friends have a new album and haven't played in a few years so I'd say they're almost definite. Not sure on As It Is since they just headlined a stage but they'd do a solid job on main with the new album out. Set It Off have new material coming too, would love them to come back. Ice Nine Kills have a new album coming so they'll almost certainly get a decent spot on the Impericon stage. With Confidence are probably in with a shout, don't know how all that allegation stuff affected them mind.

Probably Less Than Jake's turn to headline the Fireball stage, Flogging Molly subbing it perhaps?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say Hey Monday for the legacy/return/album in full set. Was re-listening to it recently and it's still a fantastic album so would love it personally.

yes to less than jake and as fireball are promoting the flogging molly shows i think that's almost a yes imo. would love to see sick of it all get a spot and defo up for alkaline trio. i think wstr will probably be back but i don't see as it is next year. i'm routing for bad religion and simple plan.

17 hours ago, Jericode said:

Hey Monday would be a killer set but really can't see that happening, she blew up with her country music career.
Shame really cause more Hey Monday albums would of been perfect! 

Real Friends will definitely be back after pulling out this year, From The Outside is an absolute banger too! 

Are All Time Low not on the verge of being too big if they're regularly playing arenas?
Happy for them to play as long as it's a hits setlist/mainly pre Don't Panic. d:

Can see The Wonder Years being back, probably headlining the second pop punk stage?

Sum 41 probably the best shout to headline I think. Worst case scenario for me would be All Time Low again, but obviously would sell well as the kids (and even a lot of mid 20's for some reason) love them. 

In terms of "back-up" options there's an interesting choice ahead for the festival. You Me At Six have pretty much peaked and Slam Dunk is the biggest festival they'll ever headline now, obviously will have a new album out and having last played in 2014 you could probably justify it enough since still have a lot of fans (even if very few give two shits about any new material). Do they book a band like YMA6 again who obviously have a glass-ceiling, or do they instead go bold and book a band to headline that's heavier than anyone they've had in recent times?

Parkway Drive or Architects are prime candidates for this and I'd much rather them book one of those to headline instead of YMA6 and ATL again. Parkway possibly more likely as did Download last year, think they'd be a great choice really. 

19 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Sum 41 probably the best shout to headline I think. Worst case scenario for me would be All Time Low again, but obviously would sell well as the kids (and even a lot of mid 20's for some reason) love them. 

In terms of "back-up" options there's an interesting choice ahead for the festival. You Me At Six have pretty much peaked and Slam Dunk is the biggest festival they'll ever headline now, obviously will have a new album out and having last played in 2014 you could probably justify it enough since still have a lot of fans (even if very few give two shits about any new material). Do they book a band like YMA6 again who obviously have a glass-ceiling, or do they instead go bold and book a band to headline that's heavier than anyone they've had in recent times?

Parkway Drive or Architects are prime candidates for this and I'd much rather them book one of those to headline instead of YMA6 and ATL again. Parkway possibly more likely as did Download last year, think they'd be a great choice really. 

Are they not too heavy for SD main?

4 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Hard to say really. Untested waters. I think SD is a wide enough festival that either of those could headline as both are popular enough with the fanbase of the festival to warrant it, no reason why not. If they can sell out big venues no reason why they couldn't sell well at Slam Dunk. 

The closest they got was Enter Shikari, if they continue to two big stage thing it's possible bit someone like Sum 41 has way more chance.

Tbh though with Sum 41 doing Download last year and Reading this year I don't see then around next year.

I think Frank T could do it but he tours so much 

Don't see anything wrong with a heavier main stage and someone like Parkway Drive playing, fully deserve it and would be good for future diversity and growth of the fest I reckon. Good thing about slam dunk is the stages cater to genres and so if you put someone like neck deep (maybe too big??) or the wonder years (pretty universally adored within this scene) on the second largest stage with more of the traditional slam dunk pop punk sorta flavour to it. That, plus like 5 other stages and don't think you could have many complaints at all. 

33 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Don't see anything wrong with a heavier main stage and someone like Parkway Drive playing, fully deserve it and would be good for future diversity and growth of the fest I reckon. Good thing about slam dunk is the stages cater to genres and so if you put someone like neck deep (maybe too big??) or the wonder years (pretty universally adored within this scene) on the second largest stage with more of the traditional slam dunk pop punk sorta flavour to it. That, plus like 5 other stages and don't think you could have many complaints at all. 

They already headlined the second largest stage in 2017, doubt they'd do it again. Whenever Neck Deep come back (2020 at the earliest since they've said there aren't any more UK shows this year after the Broco tour) they'll headline the main stage.

Yeah don't know if it's something that maybe 2000 Trees or Arctangent would be more likely to pick up? But if they're booking a bunch of 90s emo inspired bands like Basement/Citizen/Tigers Jaw/Hotelier etc then no reason an actual 90s band couldn't fit on the same stage. Maybe too much to ask to get a festival exactly to your tastes but would be nice to get some more out there bookings that still fit within the scene/style that Slam Dunk/2000 Trees go for. 

8 hours ago, MattysMilk said:

What about ADTR - Homesick 10th Anniversary shows or do you think ADTR would do seperate shows for that?

Jesus, what a night that would be. A 10/10 album for sure. They’d probably just do some Homesick shows in the US though. I would class ADTR as too big for SD. 

Yeah, like Andre said, they're probably too big for it now but it would be a fantastic booking.

We're more likely to get All Time Low doing 'Nothing Personal', which even as a fan of ATL would be a poor choice given they've already done one anniversary tour.

Give me Sum 41 headlining.

• 2 weeks later...

Main Stage: Sum 41, Alkaline Trio, Simple Plan, The Bronx, Marmozets, Seaway, SWMRS, Milk Teeth, Broadside

Pop Punk stage: The Wonder Years, The Story So Far, PUP, Citizen, Joyce Manor, Gnarwolves, Iron Chic

Ska Stage: The Interuppters, Barstool Preachers, Capdown, The King Blues.

Hardcore Stage: Title Fight, Basement, Turnstile, Angel Dust, Higher Power, Puppy, Dream State, Strange bones

Other Pop punk stage; The Front Bottoms, Mallory Knox, ROAM, Muncie Girls, The Frights

• Like 1