Map

guypjfreak

Has anyone got a map of last years site... Like an official one. I've been looking on Google but want to see the distance from disabled to normal so I can start planning shit.. Cheers old sons. G

Last years map:

20280718_2002391176453753_60067938781196

"The Meadow" is the disabled campsite, if that's what you're looking for. 

It's worth noting there may have been a lot of layout changes this year. We are all waiting on an up to date map which has been promised "soon". 

image.thumb.png.d7070c9b106618102936bcbc5aa85c6c.pngFor anyone wanting to get their bearings I've highlighted the hill that comes in to play most in the festival.

The big orange arrow is the wider, longer, easier route and the smaller red arrows are far steeper and narrower paths with steps (ish, I'm doing this on paint at work so can't even angle the lines but hopefully it gets the point across). 

I remember seeing this map before last year and having no idea where the hill that everyone was talking about was.

From last years map DSTRKT 5, Bairrio and Chinatown are in a big bowl, from Wild West to Whistlers Green is on a big ridge, and Trenchtown and Sector 5 are in another dip. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

image.thumb.png.d7070c9b106618102936bcbc5aa85c6c.pngFor anyone wanting to get their bearings I've highlighted the hill that comes in to play most in the festival.

The big orange arrow is the wider, longer, easier route and the smaller red arrows are far steeper and narrower paths with steps (ish, I'm doing this on paint at work so can't even angle the lines but hopefully it gets the point across). 

I remember seeing this map before last year and having no idea where the hill that everyone was talking about was.

From last years map DSTRKT 5, Bairrio and Chinatown are in a big bowl, from Wild West to Whistlers Green is on a big ridge, and Trenchtown and Sector 5 are in another dip. 

Nice one Tommy101. :)

Yea that's top.. Just a quick question AGAIN lol 

Is there a route up/down by whistlers Green from meadow.. Also I'm not sure if right but wife says that they are moving disabled further down towards hilltop boomtique.. Not sure of truth to this.. 

Thanks people getting anxious about this already lol but there's a lot of us going so it'll be cool 

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea that's top.. Just a quick question AGAIN lol 

Is there a route up/down by whistlers Green from meadow.. Also I'm not sure if right but wife says that they are moving disabled further down towards hilltop boomtique.. Not sure of truth to this.. 

Thanks people getting anxious about this already lol but there's a lot of us going so it'll be cool 

In the draft plan (so open to change I guess) it states Meadow and Family C/V to be moved to "front" of public C/V fields. 

If thats right then it's moving east away from Whistlers Green. 

Although if it's put by the access road then it's no further to walk. In its old position you could camp near Whistlers Green but fencing forced you to walk back towards the entrance to the Meadow on the access road. 

IMG_9279.PNG

Edited by manateemike
Added map

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Cheers old son..... Looks like a lot of walking but it's those bloody hills that I keep hearing about that gets me lol hope we have good weather lol

To be fair it’s only one hill that is horrid. The rest of the site is ok. I missed a couple of bands because I couldn’t be bothered to walk downtown, having to do the hill, just for one band then coming back up again. 

10 hours ago, krisroe said:

To be fair it’s only one hill that is horrid. The rest of the site is ok. I missed a couple of bands because I couldn’t be bothered to walk downtown, having to do the hill, just for one band then coming back up again. 

I'll have to check out who I want to see but saying that once there as at Glastonbury things change lol. Just go with the flow init old son lol