Is The Rave Yard at Boomtown 2018?

Anything303

I've heard on Reddit blogs that The Rave Yard is no longer a part of Boomtown 2018. Due to dwindling attendees & people not being able to find it being a factor. I saw Altern-8 there last year the venue was awesome, it was rammed full & Mark Archer live was an amazing experience where you could literally stand in front of the performer & be transported to days gone by, a real treat. No other stage has the same experience as The Rave Yard & I'll be gutted if it's gone. Any news that anyone has would be great. Cheers! 

Edited by Anything303

12 hours ago, Anything303 said:

I've heard on Reddit blogs that The Rave Yard is no longer a part of Boomtown 2018. Due to dwindling attendees & people not being able to find it being a factor. I saw Altern-8 there last year the venue was awesome, it was rammed full & Mark Archer live was an amazing experience where you could literally stand in front of the performer & be transported to days gone by, a real treat. No other stage has the same experience as The Rave Yard & I'll be gutted if it's gone. Any news that anyone has would be great. Cheers! 

It's not there in 2018. It's not due to dwindling attendance numbers, but more at appeasing the local authorities who haven't been happy with the amount of systems and noise levels, among other things.

Hopefully will be back in 2019

12 hours ago, Anything303 said:

Yes, nothing to do with a dwindling attendance - access to it was closed twice last year as it was at maximum capacity.

Unfortunately, it's been offered as a sacrifice to Winchester Council so they allowed the show to go on.

I wonder what will happen with the space this year?

It's devastating but true. A number of smaller venues have been lost this year due to licensing issues.

The guys who run the stage are gutted, but seem optimistic the Rave Yard may be able to return in 2019. Fingers crossed. 

That sounds like it was a top area. Shame it'll not be there this year for all concerned, I'm gathering (I've not been before). You know what this means, don't you? It means that we are all going to have to put more effort in to the other areas available to us!  It'll be tough at times. It will be despicable at times, but it'll be ours. Really looking forward to seeing this 'place' now.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out my friends new interrogation chair that's going to be in the old town. 

Check out Coalescence Collective.. They have helped out ON THE BUS festival in the pasted and always have some mad idea on the go.. I hope there taking the helechopter.. Check pictures on Facebook. 

35052137_1927840420583461_6789463114443128832_n.jpg

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Check out my friends new interrogation chair that's going to be in the old town. 

Check out Coalescence Collective.. They have helped out ON THE BUS festival in the pasted and always have some mad idea on the go.. I hope there taking the helechopter.. Check pictures on Facebook. 

35052137_1927840420583461_6789463114443128832_n.jpg

Hello guy,

Hope you are well. I like that chair - quite Joe 90 looking.  :)

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

Yea mad ah.. Go to the Facebook page and have a look at some of the stuff they make... They do alot with the blissfields festival which we might have got to this year but they are having a year of due to sales. So many festivals struggling to get off the ground this year and it's not like bliss was a small festival.. I've been looking and boom is going to be a rambling festival saying hi to people lol.. Got PJ mon and tue.. Cool 

15 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

Yea mad ah.. Go to the Facebook page and have a look at some of the stuff they make... They do alot with the blissfields festival which we might have got to this year but they are having a year of due to sales. So many festivals struggling to get off the ground this year and it's not like bliss was a small festival.. I've been looking and boom is going to be a rambling festival saying hi to people lol.. Got PJ mon and tue.. Cool 

16132.jpg