119 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is The Best Day?

• Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
    • Monday

For me, and I'm a relative Glastonbury novice, I couldn't imagine not going on the Wednesday/Thursday... it's all a build up to the crescendo of the actual festival. Thursday was one of the best nights I had all weekend. By Sunday this (last) year I was on a bit of low but I had a lot going on, plus mixed with realisations it was over. 

If anyone picks Monday that's scarilige!

Wednesday is best cos that is when it all starts.

Then after Wednesday is over Thursday is best as it reminds you of Wednesday only better.

Once Thursday is done then Friday is best as it is the start of something bigger.

Saturday then takes over as being the best as your energy levels drop but desire pushes you on.

Then once you grab some sleep after Saturday, Sunday becomes the best as you use your last reserves of energy knowing that it is another year to wait.

Monday will never be anything apart from the day I shower.

• Upvote 2

Saturday is king. Everyone has a decent idea of where to go, you're in the swing of seeing music and everyone pushes it a bit more in the evening as it's realistically the last night you proper 'ave it.

That said that may correspond with some of the line-up days, Saturday 2015 is one of my best days. ROCK DAY.

2 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Friday is the best because of how great Wednesday and Thursday just were, plus a full music bill and not yet feeling sad that it’ll be over soon.

Yep. Plus I think Wednesday and Thursday can fall into the same pattern every year whereas all the stuff you've quite possibly been wishing, predicting, planning and preparing for over the previous months starts on Friday.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Wednesday isn't a full day.  Saturday + Sunday are like Friday with less energy, so that leaves Thursday + Friday.

Now, in theory it should be Friday, because that's when the bands are on, but Thursday is full of such joy and promise.  Plus, there are actually bands on these days.

Thursday.

Friday is merely a warm up for Saturday. Sunday is a warm down.

Edited by priest17

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

That said that may correspond with some of the line-up days, Saturday 2015 is one of my best days. ROCK DAY.

Do you mean the Metallica day of 2014, or was there a bunch of rocky acts in 2015 I'm forgetting about?

The Friday for me. First day of proper music, spirits are high across the site and (hopefully) a lot of excitement for the first headliners of the weekend, plus they always seem to be stacked (sometimes annoyingly so).

Thursday for me.  You get to wake up on site and get that first full view of it all as you open your tent / prise your face out of the floor. The buzz is building, you've got your first full day ahead, the acts are starting to filter on and the days ahead are full of promise. Plus you haven't yet had the disappointment of yet another headliner / favourite act failing to meet the impossibly high expectations you've set it!

9 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Monday will never be anything apart from the day I shower.

In so many ways though, that is absolutely amazing.  A proper shower and sleeping in your own bed has a lot going for it.