Older Campers

Daft Drunk

Hi everyone - I'm 27 and planning on camping this year at Reading but with a small group of similarly aged guys.

I've camped in purple and green before, but wanted to ask if it's true that the further away campsites (white and the tip of brown) contain older groups of people.

Nothing wrong with green and purple but would prefer camping around people closer to our own age! Average age in green/purple was probably about 18!

Many thanks!

I camped in white last year as it was my first festival and more of a birthday celebration with family and we stayed nearer the back of white and it was full of 30+ and families and of course the odd younger people but definitely the more chilled and not as loud as other camps people haha. I was 15 and one of the youngest in there (besides the kids smaller kids with large family groups). Average age was probably around 30-35 where I was. Not too sure about brown but I hear it's similar but not quite as chilled as white.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I camped in white last year as it was my first festival and more of a birthday celebration with family and we stayed nearer the back of white and it was full of 30+ and families and of course the odd younger people but definitely the more chilled and not as loud as other camps people haha. I was 15 and one of the youngest in there (besides the kids smaller kids with large family groups). Average age was probably around 30-35 where I was. Not too sure about brown but I hear it's similar but not quite as chilled as white.

Thank you for the response!

I've been reading other forums and some websites on the matter and White actually sounds pretty good, as long as you're not put off by a longer walk to the arena (which I'm fine with)!

• 1 month later...

Older Campers? At 27?

Oh FFS, I’m in my 40s and don’t even want to fall into that bracket ha ha.

Seriously though - for a semblance of P&Q White is the only option really, if you get a white car park pass the walk from the car isn’t only a few minutes.

It is a good 30 minute walk to the arena though so no popping back when you’re out. Still gets a little lively but nowhere near as much drama, death & destruction as in Yellow or Red.

Brown stinks of the loos, is really narrow and a bit of a mare tbh.