The day I missed Clean Bandit to save a beetle

Apone

It was 2015, Clean Bandit were on the Other Stage when I noticed a tiny movement at my foot, I lifted my boot and a beetle went scurrying to my other boot, I thought how TF did you manage to get through all those people without getting squashed. I decided there and then this brave little beetle needed my help so I picked it up and put it in an empty bottle, walked it all the way to the outer perimeter of the festival and let it out into a little wooded area. So I missed Clean Bandit, but hey at least i did a little bit of good that day 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Apone said:

It was 2015, Clean Bandit were on the Other Stage when I noticed a tiny movement at my foot, I lifted my boot and a beetle went scurrying to my other boot, I thought how TF did you manage to get through all those people without getting squashed. I decided there and then this brave little beetle needed my help so I picked it up and put it in an empty bottle, walked it all the way to the outer perimeter of the festival and let it out into a little wooded area. So I missed Clean Bandit, but hey at least i did a little bit of good that day 

I don't know anything about Clean Bandit. I know a few dirty bandits though. That aside, twas a fine and noble thing what you did did do! Now, please tell me that your a born and bred Brummie? If you confirm it, then I can die a happy man.

Something about the 5th beatle...

Anywayz, I saw clean bandit a while back at Kendal calling of an afternoon. They had the loudest sound set up of the whole weekend and I quite liked it.

That afternoon I developed a strange and quite unnecessary dislike of the cello lassie. 

She probably hates Beatles I reckon.

6 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

That poor beetle. It'd most likely surfaced from its subterranean home right by your foot. And then you forcibly deported it away from its family and friends, never to see them again. 

Hello fatyeti24,

That's a very reasonable hypothesis to draw, but (and please don't take this the wrong way) it could, possibly, be equally as wrong as it is right. The thing is;

(1) We don't know for sure if the beetle was (is) poor or not. Let's face it, none of us humans know what parameters beetles use to describe their 'wealth'.

(2) It may not have surfaced from a subterranean home. That beetle could have been the Christopher Columbus of beetles. It may well have considered it's unscheduled transportation to be of considerable benefit.

(3) It could have been (is) a beetle that was abused by it's family, and had no friends at all. It may have ran away from 'home' in a quest to be free from anguish. 

(4) The beetle could be dead (as we perceive death to be) right now, had the valiant (and possible Brummie, I hasten to add) Apone not self sacrificed his (possibly) limited time on Earth, to 'save' it. 

I could go on (and on), but kind of recognize that it's time to stop now - the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.