Sign in to follow this  
battleborn

Mutiny 2018 (Cancelled)

Apparently there were quite a lot of people hospitalised for this 'bad batch' as well. Doesn't sound good at all. 

39 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Apparently there were quite a lot of people hospitalised for this 'bad batch' as well. Doesn't sound good at all. 

Wondered if that was the case, it's unusual for a festival to completely be stopped because of a few people dying from drug overdoses (happens every year at Kendal Calling and used to happen every year at T in the Park). 

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, battleborn said:

a few people dying from drug overdoses (happens every year at Kendal Calling and used to happen every year at T in the Park). 

neither of those are true.

19 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Personally this is why I cant stand drugs of a pill/powder form, yes alcohol can do bad things to but the amount of casualties due to pills compared is insane!

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Personally this is why I cant stand drugs of a pill/powder form, yes alcohol can do bad things to but the amount of casualties due to pills compared is insane!

Yeah you don't need pills to party, just a can of black paint

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think it more support the drug testing stations which are popping up in various places. Seems it's bad drugs not the drugs themselves that are causing the problems #legalisethelot 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, zico martin said:

I think it more support the drug testing stations which are popping up in various places. Seems it's bad drugs not the drugs themselves that are causing the problems #legalisethelot 

I'll never agree with the argument, the point is don't take them. For years now the correct drug or not has ended things bad for people and why let it happen?. I've heard the as long as you respect the drug argument, how can you respect something that is known full well to be bad for you and most of it sends you completely out of it. I saw someone the other day saying they had their ket packed...when would a horse tranquilizer ever be a good idea.

End of the day if I had 6 pints in a night....ring now I'd be gone but I'd be okay, if I had 6 pills it was nice knowing you.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'll never agree with the argument, the point is don't take them. For years now the correct drug or not has ended things bad for people and why let it happen?. I've heard the as long as you respect the drug argument, how can you respect something that is known full well to be bad for you and most of it sends you completely out of it. I saw someone the other day saying they had their ket packed...when would a horse tranquilizer ever be a good idea.

End of the day if I had 6 pints in a night....ring now I'd be gone but I'd be okay, if I had 6 pills it was nice knowing you.

Not true at all unless the 6 pills happened to contain PMA or some other toxic substance. MDMA itself won’t kill you, and really after the second or third pill it would have barely any affect at all. You can’t really make yourself “more high” in the same linear scale as drinking more pints will increase your drunkenness. It’s like an on/off switch. You’re either rolling or you aren’t. The only benefit you *might* get from extra pills after you’ve come up is to maybe increase the length of your roll which I guess is something people probably do want to do at festivals. But really the point is if you were to take some pills you’d probably be absolutely fine assuming it was actually MDMA. I loath to say this as I’m quite a big drinker and don’t really take drugs but I’m fairly confident that a night on the beers will do a lot more harm to your insides than a disco biscuit. 

Testing tents is absolutely the right way forward. They have to be a bit careful to draw the line between providing a valuable service and outright encouraging something illegal, so what I think should happen is you hand over a small sample of whatever you’ve got and it gets tested. This sample is then disposed of after the test and not returned to the customer even if it comes back clear. You also then have the option to hand over any other drugs you have to be disposed of (if the test comes back flagging it as a dodgy one) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, danz026 said:

Not true at all unless the 6 pills happened to contain PMA or some other toxic substance. MDMA itself won’t kill you, and really after the second or third pill it would have barely any affect at all. You can’t really make yourself “more high” in the same linear scale as drinking more pints will increase your drunkenness. It’s like an on/off switch. You’re either rolling or you aren’t. The only benefit you *might* get from extra pills after you’ve come up is to maybe increase the length of your roll which I guess is something people probably do want to do at festivals. But really the point is if you were to take some pills you’d probably be absolutely fine assuming it was actually MDMA. I loath to say this as I’m quite a big drinker and don’t really take drugs but I’m fairly confident that a night on the beers will do a lot more harm to your insides than a disco biscuit. 

Testing tents is absolutely the right way forward. They have to be a bit careful to draw the line between providing a valuable service and outright encouraging something illegal, so what I think should happen is you hand over a small sample of whatever you’ve got and it gets tested. This sample is then disposed of after the test and not returned to the customer even if it comes back clear. You also then have the option to hand over any other drugs you have to be disposed of (if the test comes back flagging it as a dodgy one) 

This is factually incorrect. You can totally get more high the more you consume. 

One moment you could be talking to a person about how to solve the worlds problems only minutes later realizing they are actually an inanimate sofa without opinions or vocal chords.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

One might suggest you are quite uneducated on the drug issue. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, thewayiam said:

You silly, silly sausage 

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Alcohol is strictly regulated to as to what's included in it and ran by businesses with a limited but existing moral conscience. Drugs have absolutely no regulation and the industry is ran by the absolute scum of the earth. I wonder why drugs are more dangerous. All drugs should be legalised with codes of practice and safety targets like alcohol. I don't care if you don't want care what people want to take annd I'd rather they didn't die because it was illegal for them to enjoy themselves. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, danz026 said:

Bullshit tbh, and why do I want to buy something from someone that I might have wasted money on because it's dodgy to then get rid of it.

A night on the beers won't, it'll make you a bit lairy, your head spin when you go sleep and feel a bit shit from a hangover if you get them until it's soaked up but at least your know what's in that pint.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

One might suggest you are quite uneducated on the drug issue. 

Well I'm bloody not am I lol, and while you might not be a drug taker...I don't know, that is quite the typical response from a user. Most who take will always find a way to defend them, I was camped with people at Glastonbury last year who took them often....the more they took over more days the more sleep they had through the morning to a point of waking up at 2:30pm in the afternoon!, what the hell is the point of doing that somewhere where there is bands to see, things to do.

I have friends that do them, I won't not be friends with them because they do it but I'll never defend or understand their use of it. Tbh I get the view that it's the way that prevents having to leave to go to the toilet instead of being able to stay.

The festival was bloody cancelled.....you don't see then cancelling it after a report that someone drank too much and was sick at the side of the field do you. It's not like I need a degree is drug a d substance abuse to understand it.

24 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Alcohol is strictly regulated to as to what's included in it and ran by businesses with a limited but existing moral conscience. Drugs have absolutely no regulation and the industry is ran by the absolute scum of the earth. I wonder why drugs are more dangerous. All drugs should be legalised with codes of practice and safety targets like alcohol. I don't care if you don't want care what people want to take annd I'd rather they didn't die because it was illegal for them to enjoy themselves. 

If drugs were legal they wouldn't be drugs! How does your post even make sense?!, that's like saying were going to take an illegal substance and take out of it what makes it illegal so actually were calling it ecstasy but we're lying because it's not.

Edited by thewayiam
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, man next door said:

You silly, silly sausage 

Yup, find me the last festival post based on an alcoholic death compared to the amount of one's warning people to stay away from drugs due to it killing their younger son or daughter.

The festival was bloody cancelled.....you don't see then cancelling it after a report that someone drank too much and was sick at the side of the field do you.

Edited by thewayiam
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yup, find me the last festival post based on an alcoholic death compared to the amount of one's warning people to stay away from drugs due to it killing their younger son or daughter.

The festival was bloody cancelled.....you don't see then cancelling it after a report that someone drank too much and was sick at the side of the field do you.

Alcohol is a drug. You do know that, don't you?

Do you think that perhaps the differences in outcomes in people drinking a regulated 'product' like alcohol and people taking unknown quantities of impure drugs could be because of exactly that, and if those said substances were regulated in the same way then some of the dangers would be avoided?

I say 'some' because there are danger in any of these mind altering substances, both in terms of the effects on the person taking (drinking) them, the people in their immediate surroundings and wider society as a whole. 

None of these substances, alcohol included, are good or bad in themselves - they are just that, substances - the positive / negative that individuals and society derive from them is entirely down to how we cultivate, distribute, regulate, educate etc.

• Like 2

A forum about festivals isn't the ideal place for a debate like this.....but......here goes..... 

I'm not a pill muncher. I think I had a 'funny' brownie once which made me a wee bit funny in the head. I'm a drinker. This is my own personal choice, due to being a) educated about what drug does what (benefits and risks) and b) knowing my limitations. This is just my own way of choosing what to use to enhance my enjoyment. 

HOWEVER, millions of people partake in recreational drugs every weekend. 90 odd percent in these fatalities are due to said drug of choice (mdma, coke, whatever) is due to said drug being laced with something that isn't the drug it was claimed to be. These things are happening now. If you ignore the legality of it, SURELY the best thing to prevent people from dying this way is some form of testing station. So you know what you are taking! Say you bought a bottle of voddie from yr local office, and it was laced with bleach. You would be life threateningly ill. 

Regulating drugs would mean knowing that officially sourced drugs were what they were claimed to be. 

And let's not even go into the official stats from the office of national statistics which state that there was 50 deaths in the UK in 2015 from mdma, yet 2016, good old LEGAL alcohol was responsible for over 7000 deaths here in blighty. Or the good old fag (legal) which is responsible for 80000 deaths in the UK in 2014. Or even my personal favourite, cake. I blooming love the stuff! Yet obesity counts for 30000 deaths annually. 

So....yeah. Educating yourself and knowing your limits is the best way to chose your own personal vice. Drug testing station aids that education. 

The end. X

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, man next door said:

Do you think that perhaps the differences in outcomes in people drinking a regulated 'product' like alcohol and people taking unknown quantities of impure drugs could be because of exactly that, and if those said substances were regulated in the same way then some of the dangers would be avoided?

I say 'some' because there are danger in any of these mind altering substances, both in terms of the effects on the person taking (drinking) them, the people in their immediate surroundings and wider society as a whole. 

None of these substances, alcohol included, are good or bad in themselves - they are just that, substances - the positive / negative that individuals and society derive from them is entirely down to how we cultivate, distribute, regulate, educate etc.

This ^^. Nice post. 

There's often stories from around the world about 'bad' alcohol that someone has made and sold which has killed a number of people.

It's the legal regulation of alcohol which stops this happening in the UK.

And it's certainly the case that more people are dying at festivals since 'legal highs' were banned - and those 'legal highs' only came about because of the illegality of the more-traditional drugs.

And those 'legal highs' are mostly shit that people wouldn't be taking if the real thing was available - there's very few of those 'legal highs' that became wanted for the properties of that 'legal high'. In almost all cases the drug they attempt to imitate is as good or better than it's 'legal' replacement.

1 hour ago, man next door said:

Yes alcohol is a drug but don't try and tell me that me chilling in my garden with a few bottles of bulmers cider is as bad as me chilling wondering what's happening coked up or off it on pills?, considering I'm not a pill consumer that's what the case would be.

The fact that alcohol is legal and pills etc etc isn't says everything about what is safer.

I get the testing station thing but I don't agree in illegal forms or drug and if it was thought okay to make them legal like alcohol then it would be.

It's crazy that coke, pills etc are illegal yet absinthe isn't, that being said I've had absinthe....yup it's like instant bloody hell but I was ok after...don't drink enough to take that now lol.

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

considering I'm not a pill consumer that's what the case would be

because you're not a pill consumer you don't know what the case really is. ;)

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The fact that alcohol is legal and pills etc etc isn't says everything about what is safer.

that's utter bollocks. For example...

There isn't a single case known in the world of death by cannabis - yet it's illegal, while alcohol kills upwards of 100,000 a year in the UK.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Stop pontificating around a subject that you clearly don't understand, and don't use the, ultimately avoidable, deaths of 2 young people to make your point. Almost all deaths from 'party drugs' at festivals would be negated by providing safe testing facilities, the fact that we still live in a country where the police/government make that difficult to do is an absolute disgrace to be honest. You really need to educate yourself on the dangers of various drugs before you start your crusade, because you just end up coming across as a c*nt. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yes alcohol is a drug but don't try and tell me that me chilling in my garden with a few bottles of bulmers cider is as bad as me chilling wondering what's happening coked up or off it on pills?, considering I'm not a pill consumer that's what the case would be.

I get the testing station thing but I don't agree in illegal forms or drug and if it was thought okay to make them legal like alcohol then it would be.

It's crazy that coke, pills etc are illegal yet absinthe isn't, that being said I've had absinthe....yup it's like instant bloody hell but I was ok after...don't drink enough to take that now lol.

I find myself wondering what I could possibly gain from attempting to converse with you, I don't understand how you manage so spectacularly to miss the point. I don't know who I'm doing this for, but....

... in your hypothetical comparative situation:  your packaged, measured, regulated, chilled Bulmers is all of those things because it's legal. The drug has been manipulated into the state you describe - you know exactly what you're taking, you know the active chemical is exactly the same as the last time, and the time before that. It says 5% on the bottle, you know exactly how much you're having and you know exactly the effect that a few of them will have on you.

If alcohol was illegal, you'd have bought that substance in a test tube, beaker, or jonny off someone in an alley - he'd have made it himself in his bath, and would have had free rein to add anything he wants to in order to make it look or smell attractive or yield the profit he wants it to. So, when you got back to your socially acceptable garden scenario and started drinking it there's a significantly increased likelihood that you may end up 'wondering what's happening'.  It would be nothing like your nicely chilled, packaged drug that you clearly enjoy so much.

Do you need me to complete the circle of the comparison, or can you join the dots?

I'm not one to argue pointlessly with people on the internet (apart from Neil from time to time ;-)) so I'm now out. You are of course entitled to your opinion, however wrong it may be.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

You know how you would prevent people not know what's going on when they're on drugs? Education on the risks of those types of drugs and knowing what's a safe amount to take and also, testing kits/stations so people know exactly what's in them.

Why is it so hard for people to grasp that the main reason people die is because of the draconian measures in place which prevent them from accessing facilities that would actually make it safe for them. People are always gonna take drugs whether you like it or not, why not make it safe for them to do so rather than punishing them and having people die because they don't understand the risks.

Edited by Superunknown

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

because you're not a pill consumer you don't know what the case really is. ;)

that's utter bollocks. For example...

There isn't a single case known in the world of death by cannabis - yet it's illegal, while alcohol kills upwards of 100,000 a year in the UK.

I don't have to be...I've seen people that are who are users!....how many festivals have I attended before?...come on! I was camped next to a great bunch last year but every night before going out one of the lads was cutting it all in his tent and they were already very happy and mashed from being down the dance area. Two guys at Glastonbury a few years ago decided to do ket at the stone circle for the 1st time...luckily more experienced users which we were camped with were able to help one with blood coming out of his mouth....is that okay?, normal?, and something should be able to get hold of and defend as you don't know unless you've done it?

Difference with cannabis though it's not illegal everywhere is it?, a vast amount yes but for other purposes it is allowed. Are you going to go and sniff some coke or take a pill for health reasons though or to help with pain?, no. I'm well aware that cannabis isn't necessarily that harmful to you but I've actually said about coke pills etc. Yes alcohol is worse for you on the whole than cannabis and smoking that all night won't do what majorly over doing it on alcohol would but on the overall account of harder things.