battleborn

2019 Possibilities (Non-Headliner)

What happened to sensible band names wasn't like this in my day can't even tell what they're singing about if you can even call it singing......

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno...it's in a lineage of names like The Pink Fairies or Radio Gnome Invisible. It lets you know what you're in for.

Those names are fine though, it's the desperation of the triple rhyme that gets me with the Liz Wiz lads 

32 minutes ago, Quark said:

What happened to sensible band names wasn't like this in my day can't even tell what they're singing about if you can even call it singing......

Whatever happened to good old sensibly named bands like New Fast Automatic Daffodils?

38 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno...it's in a lineage of names like The Pink Fairies or Radio Gnome Invisible. It lets you know what you're in for.

Like Rag ‘n’ Bone Man (not psych obvs). He looks and sounds like a rag and bone man.

6 hours ago, henry bear said:

Like Rag ‘n’ Bone Man (not psych obvs). He looks and sounds like a rag and bone man.

14479525.jpg

We used to have a rag n bone man come around our street when I was a kid. He had a voice like a foghorn.

No real relevance, I just felt like sharing.

Edited by Quark

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

We used to have a rag n bone man come around our street when I was a kid. He had a voice like a foghorn.

That was Jack White.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

That was Jack White.

Nah, this guy scrubbed up alright.

Just an update because it made me proper chuckle to myself.

Looked in on the lineups & rumours page to see what Neil's added in so far for next year.  Already listed as TBC are

Mik Artistik

Beans on Toast

Fatboy Slim

:lol:

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Just an update because it made me proper chuckle to myself.

Looked in on the lineups & rumours page to see what Neil's added in so far for next year.  Already listed as TBC are

Mik Artistik

Beans on Toast

Fatboy Slim

:lol:

at least I'm always certain of getting some rumours right. :P

Cabaret tent would suit the Marsupial Aqua best, sandwiched between Attila the Stockbroker and those two blokes dressed as Alice in Wonderland.

Hopefully the Yeah Yeah Yeahs will still be about next summer.

Not sure where they would place these days. JP Headliner perhaps? Second/Third on the Other?

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hopefully the Yeah Yeah Yeahs will still be about next summer.

Not sure where they would place these days. JP Headliner perhaps? Second/Third on the Other?

yeah 

SOAD Other Stage headliner or sub? They’re still touring the states at end of this year and keep on threatening new material. 

Got to imagine the likes of:

Wolf Alice, The Streets, Chvrches,  Lilly Allen, Snow Patrol, Dua Lipa, Bastille are all very likely with new albums/touring schedules.  

Sure that’ll please the masses here!!

Out of interest where has the TBC for Hacienda Classical on the Pyramid Stage on Friday come from?!! (2019 lineup rumours page)

Saw Bodega in Camden a couple of weeks ago. Think they'll have done enough to get a shot; album coming out soon. They were subbing Rolling Blackout Coastal Fever and although both bands could play I preferred Bodega; a bit like Sleaford Mods but with loads more going on and a couple of great shout along songs.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Out of interest where has the TBC for Hacienda Classical on the Pyramid Stage on Friday come from?!! (2019 lineup rumours page)

I think they announced themselves a few months back. Caveat announcor.