battleborn

2019 Possibilities (Non-Headliner)

Any chance we'd be seeing Gorillaz? 

Half moon run is releasing a new album

St. Vincent is touring NA now for Masseduction. 

ROBYN is supposed to be releasing some new music!

What about Childish Gabino headlining West Holts? 

Father John Misty just released a new album, but would he be back just after being on JP last year? 

Alabama shakes for no reason other then I want to see them. 

2 hours ago, MetaKate said:

What about Childish Gabino headlining West Holts? 

Gambino would be way higher than West Holts headline imo. Either Other headliner or Pyramid sub/third. Although I doubt we'll se him considering how ridiculously busy Glover is

I see Liam has postponed his European tour. I guess that makes him very doubtful for the Pilton Party.

8 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

I see Liam has postponed his European tour. I guess that makes him very doubtful for the Pilton Party.

It's just some November tour dates that have been canned. He has shows around Pilton Party that are intact.

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's just some November tour dates that have been canned. He has shows around Pilton Party that are intact.

Thanks for that. :)

Weezer have to be an option.....confirmed for Bilbao BBK next year already and probably likely that Werchter will try and book.

Edited by thewayiam

Weezer are near the top of my list every year. Most of their latest output may be pretty poor but looking at recent setlists they seem to almost entirely steer clear of most of it in favour of playing the older stuff.

My Name Is Jonas
Buddy Holly
Undone - The Sweater Song
Say It Ain't So
El Scorcho
The Good Life
Hash Pipe
Island in the Sun
Dope Nose
Keep Fishin'
Beverley Hills
Pork and Beans
Troublemaker
(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
And undoubtedly their cover of Africa by Toto now that it's gotten so much attention

Any combination of those songs + one or two newer ones would be a total party at the Other Stage (where I'd assume they'd play). Next year is the year!

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Weezer are near the top of my list every year. Most of their latest output may be pretty poor but looking at recent setlists they seem to almost entirely steer clear of most of it in favour of playing the older stuff.

My Name Is Jonas
Buddy Holly
Undone - The Sweater Song
Say It Ain't So
El Scorcho
The Good Life
Hash Pipe
Island in the Sun
Dope Nose
Keep Fishin'
Beverley Hills
Pork and Beans
Troublemaker
(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
And undoubtedly their cover of Africa by Toto now that it's gotten so much attention

Any combination of those songs + one or two newer ones would be a total party at the Other Stage (where I'd assume they'd play). Next year is the year!

They probably could get a sub due to rarity but they should be 3rd down really.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I could still see them headlining the JPT.

That setlist would be a tonne of fun.

It's about right but I doubt they would accept.

Any thoughts on Aphex Twin playing?

I noticed he's back on tour again later this year and he's rumoured to be at Coachella next year. I remember reading on here that he was approached for last year but they couldn't agree on the stage to headline (RDJ wanted Other or something) so maybe that could have been figured out one way or another.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Any thoughts on Aphex Twin playing?

I noticed he's back on tour again later this year and he's rumoured to be at Coachella next year. I remember reading on here that he was approached for last year but they couldn't agree on the stage to headline (RDJ wanted Other or something) so maybe that could have been figured out one way or another.

I was thinking this too. Saw him at Field Day in 2017 and it was incredible, you could understand why he wanted an other headline slot. If Alt J can headline other I can't see why RDJ can't.

New music from Robyn coming on Monday, shes gotta be in with a shot for a slot somewhere

If she wants to come back. Didn't she throw down her mic and walk off in digust last time due to sound issues in the JPT?

On 7/13/2018 at 7:26 AM, MetaKate said:

Any chance we'd be seeing Gorillaz?

I bloody hope so. I'm thinking headlining The Other Stage, opposite someone with a big draw. Can't see them headlining The Pyramid after the fiasco the last time they played. That and they just aren't the commercial success they once were.

I think Ariana Grande 3rd down Pyramid on the Saturday, don't think she'd sub although she might but it's confirmed her next album is out this year.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think Ariana Grande 3rd down Pyramid on the Saturday, don't think she'd sub although she might but it's confirmed her next album is out this year.

Not out of the realms of possibility. Not through exploitation or anything cynical like that, but I do feel like she's spoken about in more credible (?) terms since Manchester?

Might be entirely wrong and get hugely downvoted for that mind!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Not out of the realms of possibility. Not through exploitation or anything cynical like that, but I do feel like she's spoken about in more credible (?) terms since Manchester?

No I think you're entitled to that view and she was just thought of as another pop act people liked if they do, that main song was liked before stuff however. I think to be honest and not the discredit your opinion that she deserves the credit for what she did following the gig and I don't believe she did it for any other reasons that the intended purpose, she hasn't gone into milk it etc either I don't feel. But maybe it's a good thing in a way that some people have recognised her for more as it can be seen she's not just another dumb ass as a lot of pop acts are referred to....especially on here act commercialized and making money writing crap. 

Last year I think she could have got a sub....I do think One Last Time would be fitting for a sunset moment but I think she'd happily take 3rd. I don't think without all of this she'd get offered it myself but should she jump on that because of what she did etc...for sure!

Oh yeah, definitely props to get for how she dealt with it, and not at all the case that she's 'made use'of it.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

No, it's fair enough. She's an honourary Manc now, for sharing the horror and the way she dealt with the whole thing.  That awful evening has raised her profile, mainly because it's clear from the way she's acted and spoken since that she'd swap all the extra sales in an instant if she could.

It's definitely a sensitive subject, but I think you're bang on. 

8 hours ago, Quark said:

How dare you.

She can play any set on any stage for me. What an absolute star of a woman. The tragedy may have raised her profile, but so what? The was she responded was pure class.

49 minutes ago, eastynh said:

How dare you.

She can play any set on any stage for me. What an absolute star of a woman. The tragedy may have raised her profile, but so what? The was she responded was pure class.

I think that's how the whole city feels.

Feel like Thom Yorke should make his solo debut at Glastonbury, I'm surprised he hasn't already. Seems like he could be active next year with a solo record (maybe it's actually out by then). Don't know where he'd play though, he'd probably want to headline a stage.