battleborn

2019 Possibilities (Non-Headliner)

56 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

What date is it? I'm down that way on holiday in September, if the dates line up I might swing by.

31st august

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

YES!

In all seriousness, it seems like a very like proposition for them to return in that slot.

Got Friday night written all over it

Can't get enough of that Confidence Man album, especially in this weather, it's been the soundtrack to my summer so far. Fully expect them to be there next summer, but not sure where they'd place, having them on a bigger stage during the day would be a waste. Headlining the Glade one night would be ace.

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can't get enough of that Confidence Man album, especially in this weather, it's been the soundtrack to my summer so far. Fully expect them to be there next summer, but not sure where they'd place, having them on a bigger stage during the day would be a waste. Headlining the Glade one night would be ace.

I dunno I've been alternating between that and Let's Eat Grandma's new one a lot with this weather and them back2back in the sun on the park Saturday afternoon would be sweeeeeet. 

Mind you CM could probably get you dancing in the rain, I had it on repeat in the winter and it still put a smile on my face.

It's a little known fact that ConMan actually played William's Green and the Crow's Nest last year - little known cos no one knew who they were yet. So I reckon they'll definitely get  a big main stage slot this time around and, since they're on Heavenly, will be a lock in for another Crow's Nest slot - which will be incredible for those lucky enough to get into the tent.

55 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Fully expect them to be there next summer, but not sure where they'd place, having them on a bigger stage during the day would be a waste. Headlining the Glade one night would be ace.

A smaller stage with fewer peeps will be a waste. They’ll easily command a Park/John Peel crowd.

18 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

It's a little known fact that ConMan actually played William's Green and the Crow's Nest last year - little known cos no one knew who they were yet. 

If u wanna believe this, feel free.

Edited by dentalplan

42 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

A smaller stage with fewer peeps will be a waste. They’ll easily command a Park/John Peel crowd.

Saw ConMan at Parklife in one of the tents (which I'm pretty sure was the JP) and while I enjoyed them, they were playing to a half-empty tent of uninterested people, sat sheltering from the sun. Though I guess Glasto would be a better fit, audience wise.

As the first band on in the tent at All Points East they packed the place out and went down great.

3 hours ago, Mash011 said:

It's a little known fact that ConMan actually played William's Green and the Crow's Nest last year - little known cos no one knew who they were yet. So I reckon they'll definitely get  a big main stage slot this time around and, since they're on Heavenly, will be a lock in for another Crow's Nest slot - which will be incredible for those lucky enough to get into the tent.

Yeah I discovered them a week or so after the fest after people were talking about it on here. I'd love to catch them in the crows nest but I never take a smartphone so short of actually going up there and looking at times I never know when to go. Dunno how I knew about Gizzard, surprised I got in tbh.

1 minute ago, charliejones said:

Anyone think that Sigrid will be back in 2019? After a popular performance in 2017 surely it's a no brainer? Like to hear your opinion...

Yeah seems a good bet. Reckon she'd probably end up mid/high Other.

Gaz Coombes.

LLoyle Carner.

October Drift.

This is the Kit.

The Staves.

Dubioza Kolektiv.

Dreadzone.

and Jungle.

Edited by BlueDaze

14 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Gaz Coombes.

LLoyle Carner.

October Drift.

This is the Kit.

The Staves.

Dubioza Kolektiv.

Dreadzone.

Is this you under another username @crazyfool1? :lol:

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

doesnt he just love them...!!?? but i only found that out after id seen them tbf...

They were on at Bearded Theory and i managed to miss it, so caught them in Cambridge just after... absolutely top draw.!

he is not such a @crazyfool1 after all..

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

doesnt he just love them...!!?? but i only found that out after id seen them tbf...

They were on at Bearded Theory and i managed to miss it, so caught them in Cambridge just after... absolutely top draw.!

he is not such a @crazyfool1 after all..

thanks ....Ive deliberately failed to mention them on this thread seeing as im a little biased :) so was waiting to see if anyone else posted and enjoyed them as much as me ... however I have no information to provide yet :) 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I am unique to the one username fortunately for you guys ...if I wasn't there would be 2 October Drift threads :) 

I think Starcrawler will get a JP slot. Does anyone know how they were supporting the Foos? Not seen any reviews.

On 7/6/2018 at 9:32 AM, Mash011 said:

Me, my missus and her mate were sat outside Williams Green last year. They were have something to eat and I heard ConMan from outside and thought that sounded OK. Popped in on my own and they were great. 

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

@emily @eavis check this out.

I mean, I've still never seen them and loove those old records... but they are a bit tragic currently and I think they've more or less dropped Pinkerton from their festival sets. Still, get em booked.

30 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I mean, I've still never seen them and loove those old records... but they are a bit tragic currently and I think they've more or less dropped Pinkerton from their festival sets. Still, get em booked.

No one is under the illusion that they're gonna go and watch 1997 Weezer mate. It's a bunch of dads playing some great singalong pop songs from their career, and they have a knack of sending the crowd away feeling pretty happy.