Whats the most memorable event from Glasto 2017?

Ex_ollie

Meeting and chatting to quite a few E-Festers at the Wednesday afternoon/evening meet, great bunch of lads and lasses.

I'd recommend it to anybody, even if you're a little bit shy just get involved, nothing but friendly people.

Loads and loads but one that stands out was being ridiculously hungover and all my mates being asleep still. Every part of me wanted to go back to sleep but I was at Glastonbury so i got up and walked the 15/20 minute walk to the Pyramid stage. On the way i got some grapes and a coffee (that was the best tasting coffee I had all weekend btw) and then stood in the very front row of the Pyramid stage and watched The Bootleg Beatles in the slight, spitting rain. I'd never seen them again and it just brightened my mood and kicked off my day. When i got back everyone was up and ready to go and we had a great day.

Taking someone’s recommendation to go and see Ultimate Power on Thursday afternoon. We were there when the tent opened and rushed to the very front. Had the best hour and a half singalong-tastic time of my life! Sharing home made drink concoctions with randoms, crowd surfing, inflatables, cheesy hits, fantastic! Friends later told us they couldn’t get anywhere near the tent, it was rammed. 

Thanks to whoever recommended them!

RUNNING (and I never, ever, EVER run) from an utterly astonishingly good Alison Moyet set in Leftfield to get to an even more utterly astonishing Foo Fighters set on Pyramid. 

And meeting @amfy on the warmest ever Wednesday afternoon, drinking ourselves daft, dancing on tables and ending up in Shangri-Fucking-La with her and @Monorail Riderin the wee small hours (and no hangover the next later the same morning. WIN) :)

• Upvote 1

Walking up to Strummerville on Thursday evening by myself, watching a couple of young bands whilst drinking warm cider and realising that at the age of 51 I'd finally made it to Glastonbury. Just remember feeling so happy in that moment.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Man, this thread destroys me.

I hadn't missed a festival since 99 until last year as I just couldn't get tickets in any of the sales. Also, Radiohead are my favourite band so this was a double whammy.

I did manage to sort out tickets for a handful of people off of this forum from someone i know that works on site but they were too expensive for me ( i could've afforded them but my missus refused to pay that much-£800-£1000) so ended up in Ibiza instead and avoided the whole thing.

As soon as I got home I watched the radiohead  set on iPlayer and cried my eyes out because it was so good and I wasn't there to see it. Strangely,  they were both tears of sorrow and joy at the same time. 

Edited by rumpola

1 hour ago, rumpola said:

I hadn't missed a festival since 99 until last year as I just couldn't get tickets in any of the sales. Also, Radiohead are my favourite band so this was a double whammy.

I did manage to sort out tickets for a handful of people off of this forum from someone i know that works on site but they were too expensive for me ( i could've afforded them but my missus refused to pay that much-£800-£1000) so ended up in Ibiza instead and avoided the whole thing.

As soon as I got home I watched the radiohead  set on iPlayer and cried my eyes out because it was so good and I wasn't there to see it. Strangely,  they were both tears of sorrow and joy at the same time. 

hopefully ticket karma will repay you in October ... or the ones you helped will :)

• Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 6:54 PM, rumpola said:

Similar to me in 2014. Was so tough. But you'll get them in October!

On 6/2/2018 at 5:02 PM, SighMo said:

Walking up to Strummerville on Thursday evening by myself, watching a couple of young bands whilst drinking warm cider and realising that at the age of 51 I'd finally made it to Glastonbury. Just remember feeling so happy in that moment.

Welcome to the club - I broke my G duck at 51 as well in 2011

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2018 at 4:06 AM, Quark said:

On a lighter note, according to Wikipedia the most memorable event of 2017 was as follows:

blob.png.9be6b4c45e7a1407178f56666150c119.png

That naked man was actually my buddy. He was standing on the shoulders of a few of us! I have a pic somewhere 

30 minutes ago, Ex_ollie said:

That naked man was actually my buddy. He was standing on the shoulders of a few of us! I have a pic somewhere 

Was he at Benicassim as well by any chance? Another beardy naked guy was up on the crowd waaay to close to me during Kasabian :lol:

Not the best moment but certainly one of the more memorable moments last year happened in the stone circle.

It was either the Wednesday or the Thursday (all blends into one, same day really) and we noticed a big crowd in a circle. On closer inspection it was a table which people where attempting to go round (go under then back to the top) without touching the ground. After a few failures and a few successes, a guy gets onto the table as it's his turn. However instead of trying to get round the table he does something that people can usually only do if they have had some ribs removed. 

The looks of peoples faces were something, no-one could quite believe what they had seen. Probably quite lucky no police around as dodgy to be doing that in public, especially if (can't remember) there were any kids around.