Whats the most memorable event from Glasto 2017?

Ex_ollie

Not talking about the headliners or weather here... more the smaller random acts of weirdness or fun that make Glastonbury so special. 

Mine was probably having an absolute blast in the glade treehouse bar, mid-afternoon singing along to 90's classics. 

Or

Wandering around the cabaret fields after some sauteed mushrooms and being blown away by pretty much everything. 

IMG_0871.JPG

Coming across this guy in the Tepee area. Not sounding quite as good as i remember but at the time it was a wonderful experience. (not my video so don't blame me that it is on its side)

Also Z Star Delta in the Rumshack on Wednesday night was a revelation

Edited by tjamest
  • Upvote 1

Late night seeing the beatbox collective. Everyone happy and high. The sounds they made and the atmosphere was amazing. Can't remember the venue but was near the waterfall thing in the SE corner. Awesome. 

Edit: this may have been in 2016. Not sure memory is fully accurate! 

Edited by semmtexx

For me it has to be the Sunday closer of Justice and then up to the hill with the eFests crew. This year was the first time I'd actually met @stuartbert two hats, @fatyeti24, @H.M.V, @bennyhana22 and many others I was too smashed to remember, but was made to feel properly part of the family. Combine that with the euphoria of Justice and it was my absolute banger.

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

For me it has to be the Sunday closer of Justice and then up to the hill with the eFests crew. This year was the first time I'd actually met @stuartbert two hats, @fatyeti24, @H.M.V, @bennyhana22 and many others I was too smashed to remember, but was made to feel properly part of the family. Combine that with the euphoria of Justice and it was my absolute banger.

aye Justice was a banger had to be my highlight and the guy who were on before they have slipped my mind.

have dance off with some guy stood behind me than a chat and a shot of something , was proper lovely time .The rest of the night at the silent disco . was the best day ever..

getting all emotional 

53 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yeah, after a weekend of saying hello at the tent and going off in various little groups, it was great to have a whole gang together with the rainbow specs.

• Upvote 1

My brain seems to have deleted most my memories of that weekend and left a note saying "don't worry, you had 5 of the best days of your life. Again".

I remember grinning bigger than my face at Avalanches, King Gizzard in the crows nest and trying to get my sister who's never heard (my favourite Radiohead song) Let Down to recreate the second Thom Yorke voice as they played it (apologies if you were nearby). 

Aw man why isn't it on this year.

Edited by priest17
Sp

I just had another flashback. 

We were watching a set and dancing around at Arcadia and I noticed the dude behind me was just standing there looking kinda weirdly at me/my backpack. I asked if he was ok, and he replied that he could see faces in my bag... suffice to say I wanted whatever he was on, so after sharing our treats between us he joined our group for the rest of the night.

He's was a window cleaner from Cheltnam if I remember correctly.  

• Like 2

am going to mention the weather.  On the Thursday, I was really suffering, I just couldn't cool down.  I was drinking iced water and rubbing the ice on my head and still couldn't get cool.  Then, like a miracle, there was a fire engine spraying nice cool, ice cool water onto the path.  One quick walk though later, I was saved!  It cooled me down long enough for the sun to go down a little. Utter bliss. Wonderful.

Definitely the Killers secret set, Sunday afternoon, the only time in the whole festival our camping group of friends came together. Happily 'last day' drunk and the sun came out, couldn't even see inside the tent, but a top dance and smug feeling being able to cram into the field!

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:03 AM, Ex_ollie said:

Not talking about the headliners or weather here... more the smaller random acts of weirdness or fun that make Glastonbury so special. 

Mine was probably having an absolute blast in the glade treehouse bar, mid-afternoon singing along to 90's classics. 

Or

Wandering around the cabaret fields after some sauteed mushrooms and being blown away by pretty much everything. 

IMG_0871.JPG

My moment happens to be in the Glade Tree house also!  Friday Afternoon walking down the Railway Line towards Avalon for an act my pals wanted to see where we came across DJ Indian Man. What started as lets see what's happening here, ending up abandoning our original plans and staying for the full set mash up of Hip Hop and Bhangra Music. Best kind of Glasto Memories!

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 5:45 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Watching my friend play John Peel ... I will say no more 

You've never mentioned that before dude :lol:

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Getting there.............. And 

Having my granddaughter there.. 

And meeting me old son, obvs :D

1 hour ago, Walker2295 said:

My moment happens to be in the Glade Tree house also!  Friday Afternoon walking down the Railway Line towards Avalon for an act my pals wanted to see where we came across DJ Indian Man. What started as lets see what's happening here, ending up abandoning our original plans and staying for the full set mash up of Hip Hop and Bhangra Music. Best kind of Glasto Memories!

I came across that too, whilst seeking a shady spot.. was awesome! 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

You've never mentioned that before dude :lol:

And meeting me old son, obvs :D

be warned ... I haven't even hit the stage when i become forgetful :) .... I often get hit by one of my friends who repeats his stories every time someone else turns up to our regular sunday pub meet so might get a story 5 or 6 times ... think I might be sounding a bit like him now :) 

Whole weekend was near as dammit perfect, great friends, plenty of laughs, and some sublime music as the cherry on the cake. Restored my faith in the festival after the trench warfare of 2016

We stayed up all night on the Saturday. I remember a silent disco towards the John Peel tent and making lots of new friends, we even attempted a human pyramid at one point (?). Must have sat and chatted there for hours as it got to the point the litter pickers started appearing. I bet we looked gorgeous. The rest is a bit blurry.