GDPR / privacy policy updates

You're probably aware of the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by now.

The website privacy policy has been updated to reflect these changes. 

There is also a new* box that will pop-up for you to give your consent (or not) to how personal data might be used for advertising or by the website. Please note that it is not an opt-out for all advertising.

'Gold' members will also see the same pop-up box, even though their browsing here when logged in isn't shared with advertisers, as it's not practical to use something different.

(* this will be implemented at some point later today).

If you have any queries about what data we might hold on you, please feel free to contact me at webmaster@efestivals.co.uk.

• 1 month later...

The short answer is that I don't know.

it's on my list of things to look at, but unfortunately that won't be for a few weeks cos of busy-ness.

I've just removed it entirely from the gold skin, as it's not required for that (I wasn't sure at the start, which is why I included it) - so that should suit you better.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The short answer is that I don't know.

it's on my list of things to look at, but unfortunately that won't be for a few weeks cos of busy-ness.

I've just removed it entirely from the gold skin, as it's not required for that (I wasn't sure at the start, which is why I included it) - so that should suit you better.

Excellent!  Thanks for the rapid response.  I'd just come back to this thread to apologise and note that it seemed to have disappeared, unsure of what I had done! :D

You can take as long as you like as far as I'm concerned, I'm alright Jack :)