Jump to content
battleborn

How hard is it to get tickets?

Recommended Posts

I know were a long way off but how hard is it to get tickets for Glastonbury? Does whether you've been before affect how hard it will be to get a ticket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Very. Don’t bother.

Ignore that, it’s easy to get tickets. Just log on about midday on ticket day and you can get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not easy but its not "hard" either its just luck i guess and mainly ur internet speed, i had my laptop open/phone/ipad/pc etc all on the screen and only 1 platform (my laptop) got to the ticket page, bare in mind they sell out in literally 15-30mins once they get put on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chris Lfc said:

It's not easy but its not "hard" either its just luck i guess and mainly ur internet speed, i had my laptop open/phone/ipad/pc etc all on the screen and only 1 platform (my laptop) got to the ticket page, bare in mind they sell out in literally 15-30mins once they get put on.

is it an old fashioned first cone first served then? Also can you buy multiple tickets? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, battleborn said:

is it an old fashioned first cone first served then? Also can you buy multiple tickets? 

Its about getting to the ticket page first, because the demand is so high your laptop is waiting in that queue to get to the page maybe once u get to the ticket page its first come first served BUT u gotta make it to the page first and hope it hasn't taken too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, battleborn said:

is it an old fashioned first cone first served then? Also can you buy multiple tickets? 

There are multiple sales, your best bet is trying for as many as possible. It is first come first served.

There is a coach sale, then the main tickets sale (both in October) and failing that there will be a resale a few months after, as well as potential secret resales that are usually talked about here, so it's best to keep an eye out.

You can buy up to six tickets per transaction (everyone you buy for must be registered, so it's a good idea if you are going with a group to give each-other your registration details etc. before ticket day, as well as making sure you have enough in the bank for everyone's deposits!)

Here is an FAQ about ticket sales from last year.

And here is some more information from Tort's Glastonbury website.

Hope this helps!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

There are multiple sales, your best bet is trying for as many as possible. It is first come first served.

There is a coach sale, then the main tickets sale (both in October) and failing that there will be a resale a few months after, as well as potential secret resales that are usually talked about here, so it's best to keep an eye out.

You can buy up to six tickets per transaction (everyone you buy for must be registered, so it's a good idea if you are going with a group to give each-other your registration details etc. before ticket day, as well as making sure you have enough in the bank for everyone's deposits!)

 Here is an FAQ about ticket sales from last year.

And here is some more information from Tort's Glastonbury website.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for those links. That Tort's glastonbury website is an absolute treasure trove for other general information, can't stop reading it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Thanks for those links. That Tort's glastonbury website is an absolute treasure trove for other general information, can't stop reading it.

You're welcome. And it really is isn't it? It's a great resource and worth checking out, I've learned a lot from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

you've not got your tickets yet?

 

 

oh dear

super post

my older Brother who has never been to a festival in his life thinks I am completely mad and I mentioned I was meeting certain people in March 2017 to discuss my  volunteer spaces for Glastonbury 2019.

back was his reply - you mean Glastonbury 2018 don't you ?

I explained that they were not held every year and it was Glastonbury 2019 that we were discussing - so he must have been out with his calculator because he next came back with ' but you have been doing this volunteer lark for 25+ years - why would you need to plan ahead 65 Weeks ? '

if Glastonbury 2017 was a normal year { it was not a normal year for me because I was stuck in ICU while Glasto 2017 was on } - in fact I would have been planning Glastonbury 2019 then so this years planning  ' is late ' for me.

He just cant get his head around the whole thing.

from year to year my inner core of volunteers will remain the same but some Years there may be some who could not work the year before for various reasons but will then request a place for the next year .

Anyway my Glastonbury 2019 list is now sorted out and by June 2019 my Glastonbury 2020 list will be sorted.

It certainly was not like that when I started in 1989 because WBC Staffing was only interested in numbers but these days there has to be a specific list so this makes planning a right pain in the arse.

I am just glad I don't have to go though this ticket system lottery - far too random for me.

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

super post

my older Brother who has never been to a festival in his life thinks I am completely mad and I mentioned I was meeting certain people in March 2017 to discuss my  volunteer spaces for Glastonbury 2019.

back was his reply - you mean Glastonbury 2018 don't you ?

I explained that they were not held every year and it was Glastonbury 2019 that we were discussing - so he must have been out with his calculator because he next came back with ' but you have been doing this volunteer lark for 25+ years - why would you need to plan ahead 65 Weeks ? '

if Glastonbury 2017 was a normal year { it was not a normal year for me because I was stuck in ICU while Glasto 2017 was on } - in fact I would have been planning Glastonbury 2019 then so this years planning  ' is late ' for me.

He just cant get his head around the whole thing.

from year to year my inner core of volunteers will remain the same but some Years there may be some who could not work the year before for various reasons but will then request a place for the next year .

Anyway my Glastonbury 2019 list is now sorted out and by June 2019 my Glastonbury 2020 list will be sorted.

It certainly was not like that when I started in 1989 because WBC Staffing was only interested in numbers but these days there has to be a specific list so this makes planning a right pain in the arse.

I am just glad I don't have to go though this ticket system lottery - far too random for me.

 

How much time do you actually get to enjoy the festival with this volunteering lark. I did it at another festival a few years ago and was incredibly lucky in working Thurs/Fri leaving Sat/Sun to enjoy the festival but I guess Glasto would require a more full on comittment? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, battleborn said:

 

How much time do you actually get to enjoy the festival with this volunteering lark. I did it at another festival a few years ago and was incredibly lucky in working Thurs/Fri leaving Sat/Sun to enjoy the festival but I guess Glasto would require a more full on comittment? 

Well it all depends on who you are with - Oxfam ' in general ' will require volunteers to do three shifts over the Glastonbury period and some may be offered shifts before Tuesday 25 June 2019 - The WBC works on the Team system and they may start on Wednesday 26 June 2019 or Thursday 27 June 2019 and they may work each day { Shift will vary depending on what bar they have been allocated } - My Team works from Tuesday 25 June 2019 and the last shift will end 4am Monday 1st of July 2019 because we work in the Crew Bar and our two busiest nights is Tuesday 25 June 2019 and Sunday 30 June 2018 - on the other days my Team may start at 6am or Noon as the Crew Bar is open 24 hours per day - Normal teams will in general have one early shift - one middle shift and one late shift with a lucky dip fourth shift which is the one that causes most complaints as people will compare their shift ' at one event ' when in fact they need to look at a ten year period and the shifts will balance out.


We worked at Hyde Park in 2006 for 13 days { over 14 days } and somehow the Computer allocated us 13 early shifts { think it was 11am to 5pm } - but that was highly unusual. We have certainly done weekend events when it was all late shifts but that was more in the 90's so the longer you stick at it the better it gets - I believe Oxfam ' in general ' a shift will be 8 1/2 hours per shift - the WBC Normal shifts used to be 8 hours per shift { but with a break in the middle } but for the past 15 years or so they tend to be shorter 6 hours per shift - As I am the longest serving Volunteer the WBC has - I am allowed to pick my team shifts so the shifts are fitted around my Team rather than them having no say in the matter so its easier for them - they can fight it out amongst themselves - We thought there  was going to be a problem at Glastonbury 2013 as everyone wanted to watch the Stones but the Crew Bar Manager { and her manager team } also wanted to watch them so she decided the best way would be to close down the Crew Bar as there would be no one after a drink but unexpectedly two members of a different team offered to do the Stones shift if they could have another evening off - they were clearly not Stones fans - By doing the dead busy shift on the Sunday night this allows the Crew Bar Manager to slip away so she will be Home in Yorkshire by 2am as she knows we will not Vanish.Sure being a Volunteer will not suit everyone but I am so used to it now { Glastonbury 2019 will be my 30th year being a Volunteer } and I doubt I would attend as a Punter anymore - the WBC has the best crew facilities and the best thing is the 24 hour crew mess tent so if its dead wet or very Hot it really does not matter as its a great place to meet up with friends.I have met some people who did not have anything to do while Glastonbury is on but that is very rare.

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear... I'm already starting to feel a Tday meltdown. 

 

I've managed to book my holiday when it's t-day this year and am going to have to leave it in the hands of other people to book me tickets which makes me feel quite helpless, might be a good thing though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was speaking to someone at the weekend that managed to obtain a locals ticket by confidence / bravado and the ability to use software such as photo shop to convince GFL that he lived in the catchment area .

Forging utility bills being one of them !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

Oh dear... I'm already starting to feel a Tday meltdown. 

 

I've managed to book my holiday when it's t-day this year and am going to have to leave it in the hands of other people to book me tickets which makes me feel quite helpless, might be a good thing though.

 

Don’t do that, try from abroad, the magic internet fairies sometimes favour foreign travellers and give you an easier pass into the promised land of the booking page.

 

Or it could just be confirmation bias or some other reasonable explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F5... Make sure you have a F5 if you don't have one don't bother lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or get 50+ people on the Internet at the same time lol.. Basically as you've probably guessed.. It's flipping hard.. But good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ivan said:

I was speaking to someone at the weekend that managed to obtain a locals ticket by confidence / bravado and the ability to use software such as photo shop to convince GFL that he lived in the catchment area .

Forging utility bills being one of them !

 

 

...and in doing so denied a real local the opportunity to attend and jeopardises the concession for the future.  

I guess you told him not to do this again for those reasons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2018 at 2:30 PM, Chris Lfc said:

Its about getting to the ticket page first, because the demand is so high your laptop is waiting in that queue to get to the page maybe once u get to the ticket page its first come first served BUT u gotta make it to the page first and hope it hasn't taken too long.

Not so.  Yes demand for the ticket page or rather a booking 'session' is massively over-subscribed but there is no 'queue'....it's merely a case of picking up a booking session when one comes available and completing the purchase process within the 10 minutes allotted to that session.  

Whether it is hard to get tickets is therefore rather subjective - those who get a booking session in the first few minutes will tell you it was easy....whereas those who scrape through in the last moments or who fail altogether will tell you it was hard.

The key, other than luck, is persistence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the last 6 festivals running I got through to the booking page pretty quickly. Done and dusted within about 25 minutes, no-one else managed. Last year however, not a sniff, nothing. Thankfully a friend rang up to see how I was going and they managed to get back on and buy our group 6 tickets. Obligatory fuck up over one of the registration numbers but got away with it. Phew.

 

Some pants were changed that day I can tell you...

Edited by semmtexx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

For the last 6 festivals running I got through to the booking page pretty quickly. Done and dusted within about 25 minutes, no-one else managed. Last year however, not a sniff, nothing. Thankfully a friend rang up to see how I was going and they managed to get back on and buy our group 6 tickets. Obligatory fuck up over one of the registration numbers but got away with it. Phew.

 

Some pants were changed that day I can tell you...

thats perhaps the issue ... You should have stuck with the lucky pants :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats perhaps the issue ... You should have stuck with the lucky pants :)

Dammit you might just be right!!!! :-)

And I'd have never got the chance to accost you near the Green Peace bear. Sorry -- I was in a bit of a state that night...

Edited by semmtexx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny. Till I was staring down the barrel of perhaps not getting tickets I thought that it would be ok and I would just go somewhere else. Holy shit it wasn't ok. Now I realise how the unlucky feel. Must be gutting. 

**gently genuflects to the ticket gods**

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×