boomtown fair 2018. buying third party ticket

Simon33

I've purchased a ticket from third party ticket seller cause tickets sold out faster than last year. I believe the ticket must have your name on or no entry. been told by ticket company it doesnt matter about name on ticket. anyone had similar experience.

regards

40 minutes ago, Simon33 said:

I've purchased a ticket from third party ticket seller cause tickets sold out faster than last year. I believe the ticket must have your name on or no entry. been told by ticket company it doesnt matter about name on ticket. anyone had similar experience.

regards

Last year i bought one via ticketswap and had to change the name on the ticket to mine, and as far as i can remember i did have to show ID to confirm it matched my ticket upon entering the festival. 

hi thank u all for responding. I've contact get me in 4 times seem to be getting fed up with me. They say they are only the in between person, an that it will defo get me in, or full refund. seems stupid that they can't contact seller to get this fixed. I've just gotta wait an hope. just wondered if anyone used getmein before.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:04 PM, Simon33 said:

hi thank u all for responding. I've contact get me in 4 times seem to be getting fed up with me. They say they are only the in between person, an that it will defo get me in, or full refund. seems stupid that they can't contact seller to get this fixed. I've just gotta wait an hope. just wondered if anyone used getmein before.

These guys are such a nightmare. If you don't get in, they will refund you. That's no problem.

BUT they will charge the seller a 150% fine in order to provide that refund, as a penalty for providing a ticket which didn't provide access. Which is crazy because more than likely the seller is willing to change the name on the ticket, but getmein don't allow any contact between buyer and seller and won't disclose the name of the buyer to the seller. 

In short, they don't care if you get in or not. They make more money if you DON'T get in, so it's in their favour to create this whole mess of blocking people from changing the name on the ticket.

I know someone who sold a ticket on getmein who is having this exact problem. He wants to change the name on the ticket, but getmein won't tell him the buyers name or put them in contact. It's madness as surely the buyer would WANT the name changed on their ticket, but these guys actually intentionally block that whole process. Now he is worried about his 150% fine, as with the wrong name he is at risk his buyer can't get in. It's his liability, but it's getmein policy. Cowboys! 

I knew these websites were scummy, but they seem set on messing around both buyer and seller. They take a huge markup whatever happens. 

Edited by Sku

I've got a feeling I won't get in with it, an b stuck. stupid they wont just get name changed on ticket an not get people moaning or complaining. annoying as I might need to buy another ticket lol just to cover myself. it's crazy and pissing me off, i will ring again depending what ticket shows. 

On 5/21/2018 at 7:06 PM, Simon33 said:

I've got a feeling I won't get in with it, an b stuck. stupid they wont just get name changed on ticket an not get people moaning or complaining. annoying as I might need to buy another ticket lol just to cover myself. it's crazy and pissing me off, i will ring again depending what ticket shows. 

Do you have the ticket? If you do, then contact Boomtown and i'm sure they'll change the name over for you.

I went last year and after we got through the main gates they ID checked us at another till. We were told that it was these ID check tills which had malfunctioned resulting in some of the horrendous queuing delays last year (although I still suspect that the real reason for the delays were caused by security searching EVERY. SINGLE. BAG. for alcohol ?).

That being said, a friend of mine got through without problem on a third party ticket. As far as I'm aware, Boomtown allow people to transfer tickets to another name  (do your own research on this to confirm that this is accurate).

Edited by bluedaisy

• 2 weeks later...

My mate has ruptured his achilles and now cant go. The other 4 of us are going so we have a spare ticket. Boomtown have said we can change the name on it.

Someone mentioned ticketswap above? Ive tried to put it on there but it says I cant sell it on there.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My mate has ruptured his achilles and now cant go. The other 4 of us are going so we have a spare ticket. Boomtown have said we can change the name on it.

Someone mentioned ticketswap above? Ive tried to put it on there but it says I cant sell it on there.

I'm sure that there are better or more successful places to re-sell tickets, but I once managed to sell a couple of tickets for a festival via Gumtree. It's not as if it was a big festival (It was Wychwood), but there was a taker for the tickets out there. Worth a shot on there, I'd say. Certainly can't do any harm.

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

You can log in to change the ticket name. Still give you the option to when you recieve the barcodes.