eFestivals

don't mess with the badgers

Now i'm here , just like to say that badgers are the love of my life,. Eavis may be feeling under pressure, but the show must go on and we should all play the game and have one vision .

Funfact: I once served Bodger 3 x quadruple straight vodkas within half an hour of him leaving the Kids Field. 

19 hours ago, pilton digger said:

there were cows out over the weekend when I ran round the farm.  It depends on the time of year. Lots of sheep between October and March -ish. A lot of the fields (Other, Pennards, Dairy) are down to wheat that is currently about a foot high. It is a working farm and not a place full of field ornaments.

Glad to hear it! It was ommadawn's comment "His cows rarely (if ever) leave the cow shed " that got me wondering, I'm sure Eavis and his managers do their best for the cows. They wouldn't be winning prizes for dairy management otherwise.

On 5/17/2018 at 9:32 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The feed of drink? Surely not? If it is so, then there's no way on earth that I'm not going to that place for a pint with a badger. 

The feed of food. Unfortunately, their claws make it very difficult to pick up a pint. Still worth a visit though. I mean don't come all this way specially, but if you are in the area. Can usually see bats too

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

The feed of food. Unfortunately, their claws make it very difficult to pick up a pint. Still worth a visit though. I mean don't come all this way specially, but if you are in the area. Can usually see bats too

Oh those poor, poor badgers - can you imagine not being able to pick up a pint? They must be driven insane with frustration. Then on top of that they have the final indignation of being squeezed to death, to make this stuff;

See the source image

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I know a bloke who has a Brian Blessed look a like as his personal gimp. All very strange.

Do you know his opinions about culling badgers?

44 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Do you know his opinions about culling badgers?

Do you know, I don't. How very remiss of me. I do know that if he asked his gimp to go out and bring him back a dead badger, then the gimp would do such a thing. However, its highly unlikely that he would make such a request, as he has a kindly soul.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, gizmoman said:

Glad to hear it! It was ommadawn's comment "His cows rarely (if ever) leave the cow shed " that got me wondering, I'm sure Eavis and his managers do their best for the cows. They wouldn't be winning prizes for dairy management otherwise.

Cows are more likely to be out on the spring grass as it is rich and plentiful and they are better at eating longer grass. The sheep will be moved in once the cows have eaten it down as they are better with the short stuff. When there is no more goodness left in the grass, they will have to be fed silage/hard feed and moved back into the sheds, esp when the ground starts to soften. Even the least intense farms will follow these sorts of practises.

Has anyone found the film off the badgers that live down muddy Lane.. 

I know people can get passionate about these things but to boycott the festival is a tad silly.. Mind you that will make it easier to get our own tickets lol