don't mess with the badgers

eFestivals

19 hours ago, pilton digger said:

there were cows out over the weekend when I ran round the farm.  It depends on the time of year. Lots of sheep between October and March -ish. A lot of the fields (Other, Pennards, Dairy) are down to wheat that is currently about a foot high. It is a working farm and not a place full of field ornaments.

Glad to hear it! It was ommadawn's comment "His cows rarely (if ever) leave the cow shed " that got me wondering, I'm sure Eavis and his managers do their best for the cows. They wouldn't be winning prizes for dairy management otherwise.

On 5/17/2018 at 9:32 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The feed of drink? Surely not? If it is so, then there's no way on earth that I'm not going to that place for a pint with a badger. 

The feed of food. Unfortunately, their claws make it very difficult to pick up a pint. Still worth a visit though. I mean don't come all this way specially, but if you are in the area. Can usually see bats too

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

The feed of food. Unfortunately, their claws make it very difficult to pick up a pint. Still worth a visit though. I mean don't come all this way specially, but if you are in the area. Can usually see bats too

Oh those poor, poor badgers - can you imagine not being able to pick up a pint? They must be driven insane with frustration. Then on top of that they have the final indignation of being squeezed to death, to make this stuff;

See the source image

44 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Do you know his opinions about culling badgers?

Do you know, I don't. How very remiss of me. I do know that if he asked his gimp to go out and bring him back a dead badger, then the gimp would do such a thing. However, its highly unlikely that he would make such a request, as he has a kindly soul.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, gizmoman said:

Glad to hear it! It was ommadawn's comment "His cows rarely (if ever) leave the cow shed " that got me wondering, I'm sure Eavis and his managers do their best for the cows. They wouldn't be winning prizes for dairy management otherwise.

Cows are more likely to be out on the spring grass as it is rich and plentiful and they are better at eating longer grass. The sheep will be moved in once the cows have eaten it down as they are better with the short stuff. When there is no more goodness left in the grass, they will have to be fed silage/hard feed and moved back into the sheds, esp when the ground starts to soften. Even the least intense farms will follow these sorts of practises.

Has anyone found the film off the badgers that live down muddy Lane.. 

I know people can get passionate about these things but to boycott the festival is a tad silly.. Mind you that will make it easier to get our own tickets lol 

Always an awkward topic for ME and the Festival - they generally resort to the line that no badgers are being culled at Worthy Farm.

There's lots of debate as to whether it's the right thing or the wrong thing to do - what's pretty clear is that ME is first and foremost a dairy farmer and, as such, is unlikely to put badger welfare above that of his cattle. Suspect the majority of punters wouldn't much like the idea of a badger cull so topic generally best skirted around.

I know, I know - I've got a badger fixation at the moment. Just popped on to say that I've looked in to those Honey Badgers a little. Hard as fuck they are. I know that they are not native to the UK, but what if our own badgers decide, at first, that they are really honey badgers (but only on a Wednesday). It could start like that, but then they would insist on not cutting their nails. I'm convinced that that would be the start of it. Next thing we know they've actually evolved in to fucking honey badgers. There's no way we'd survive. Kill all the badgers, kill them now. Don't give me that 'they're lovely animals' bollocks. It's them or us now. It's man eat badger - hopefully.

You'll probably not believe this, but I've just gone to the kitchen to see if there was a wee drop to be drunk, and there, sitting resplendent, in the reveal of one of the kitchen windows is a bottle of Badger Fursty Ferret real ale! The label at the top informs me that it's a malty, tawny ale. It wouldn't necessarily be my first choice, but I've taken it as a sign that it's meant to be. 

• 4 weeks later...

Am I the only person who remembers the video of badgers feeding at the crew station at the bottom of muddy Lane... 

The thing is if Mr E was going to be killing any badgers then surely he would start with those..