Recommend an artist 2018

JBarbour

If you like reggae check out dub heart 

If you like a bit of really good punk.... No the shit punk.... Check out my friends the SPORADICS.. Fucking great bad 

And if you like abit of dub with a great singer check out the Freefall Collective 

O and Micky Finn fucking  great as well 

But that's all I can say so be great to get some recommendations from you lot.. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I do and I have. And i moved on. 

And if you like reggae, why aren't you at Dub Heart's own reggae festival? :P

Because I can go down the road and pop in to see anyone of them at any time.. Old son lol.. 

I personally preferred DH when Nick Shepherd was lead singer back in the beginning of the band then he left and they didn't have a singer for a while until Tenja came along.. Don't get me wrong he's fucking great.. 

Gavin the drummer has a big art piece I did for the lads in his studio and even goes to my aunts church... No I'M not religious lol

Don't know if this is going to work but here's a few pictures of stuff I have done.. 

Didn't work lol 

Gotta go. Peace and tea.. 

Oh another reason not at there fest is its on the same time as my sons last OTB.. The one we trying to raise money for.. I'd be very surprised if asked DH Would come over and do a set we love em down here after all their  Bmth boys lol 

G

20 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Oh My God It's The Church - been highly recommended by a few who've seen them before...

Thanks for this. I'd not seen them on the Boomtown lineup but last night I was looking through the Latitude app and marked them as something worth seeing. You've helped me, but with a different festival :)

• Like 1

I will be in the minority here but here are my electronic music reccomendations.

The crucast takover WILL be brilliant; Skepsis, Bru-C and Darkzy all good.

Zero is a great undergound artist, more mainstream i believe jamie duggan is there who is also good.

Redlight, Zinc and Shaun Dean also not to be missed.

Uptown is trenchtown, town centre, copper county, paradise heights, oldtown, whistlers green, sector 6, psychedelic forest, whilst downtown is banghai towers, dstrkt 5, barrio loco, metropolis, diss-order alley so uptown is mainly bands whilst downtown is mostly dj's but with a couple of exceptions. They also may have changed it for this year.

• Upvote 2

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:23 PM, tpark said:

Uptown is trenchtown, town centre, copper county, paradise heights, oldtown, whistlers green, sector 6, psychedelic forest, whilst downtown is banghai towers, dstrkt 5, barrio loco, metropolis, diss-order alley so uptown is mainly bands whilst downtown is mostly dj's but with a couple of exceptions. They also may have changed it for this year.

Appreciate that input. Thanks.

I'm going to be controversial and recommend not bothering to try too hard to discover new artists at Boomtown. List a handful of your favourites but mostly just go were the moment takes you and you'll have a great time. I like to think of Boomtown more as a crazy midsummer party rather than a "music" festival.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bluedaisy said:

I'm going to be controversial and recommend not bothering to try too hard to discover new artists at Boomtown. List a handful of your favourites but mostly just go were the moment takes you and you'll have a great time. I like to think of Boomtown more as a crazy midsummer party rather than a "music" festival.

I agree with you but don't underestimate how passionate people are about music, not just festivals on here. I like any excuse to check out new acts that I've never heard of and this is as good as any, and I know that I'm in good company on these boards. Even if I end up loving some newly discovered acts I know I'll miss most of them with a smile on my face.

Benji and Hibbz just confirmed their playing...

Well worth checking out.

And @bluedaisy, several have echoed your advice, I have 4/5 bands I'm aiming to see but Boomtown is going to be all about what I stumble upon! I'm not even looking at the stages/venue's now as I want more surprises! :lol:

Screenshot_20180531-122719.png

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2018 at 12:20 AM, vintagelaureate said:

Oh My God It's The Church - been highly recommended by a few who've seen them before...

And obviously Idles...

https://youtu.be/BuQG6_evFc8

I actually didn't manage to catch Oh My God etc. at Latitude but did see them at Boomtown. Absolutely superb. Thanks for the recommendation. One of my highlights.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 9:55 AM, stalemate9 said:

I Saw OMG it's the church having no idea what it was about and they were amazing, highly recommend seeing them if you can.

Glad you'd enjoyed it.

I'd have said hello but no way of knowing another efester wss there.

I was stood behind George The Horse who I saw several times throughout the festival.

I really want to see them again.  I found sexy Jesus and it's changed my life!

• Like 2