Scott Hutchison (Frightened Rabbit)

FloorFiller

I’m sure a few of you have been following this story of Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit going missing a couple of days ago, but it’s now being reported that a body has been found near the area he was last seen. 

Don’t want to get ahead of myself as the body hasn’t been formally identified yet, but it’s not looking good. Heartbreaking stuff. Midnight Organ Fight going on repeat today.

Hoping I'm getting ahead of myself.

They were always on my bucket list as I kept somehow missing them when I was in the UK. Midnight Organ Fight means a lot to me so I'm hoping this is just a terrible coincidence with the body they found. But that really is wishful thinking.

Body found...... Why. Very very sad news lucky enough to see them 3 times but just goes to show... You think someone is fine but behind the scenes they can be very sad. 

Stay safe people 

Peace and tea. G 

Awful news, but not surprising when you read his final tweets.

If you know someone with mental health problems reach out to them, the way in which we stigmatise and ignore these issues shames us all as a society. They should not feel alone.

Rest now Scott. Peace and love to his family and friends.

• Upvote 2

Scott Hutchison was one of my absolute favourite musicians. An utterly amazing songwriter and lyricist, he has written so many of my favourite songs of all time. I was fortunate enough to see The Midnight Organ Fight 10 year celebration in Manchester in March, and it was an absolutely incredible gig. Can't believe it turned out to be the last Frightened Rabbit gig I would see.

I too am playing a lot of Frightened Rabbit today.

RIP Scott.

This has absolutely devastated me. Had the pleasure of seeing the band at the Kentish Forum a couple of months ago for the TMOF anniversary show.

God that album is so special to me, right from discovering it and the band after Googling something along the lines of "best albums to listen to when you've been dumped" 5 or so years ago to the problems I face right now. Judging by the tributes I've seen, it seems this is also the case with many, many others. 

Rest easy, Scott.

• Upvote 1

Gutted and saddened to hear the news. I became a fan of Frightened Rabbit when I saw them at Glastonbury 2016.

Thought to his friends, family and those who were fans of his. 

Thoughts also to all those who feel they are in a similar place to Scott. There is always someone there ready to listen.