Campervan field @ Boomtown

flaimedog

2018 will be my first Boomtown and ive bought a campervan pass for my T5. 

I wont be taking my awning as its knackered but we were planning on taking a small tent for my friend. 

Ive just read that no tents are allowed in the van field, other festivals say this too but we’ve always got away with pitching a small tent or 2 by the vans. 

So my question is, how strict are they with this ‘no tents’ rule? Has anyone got past experience of the van fields ?

any info would be great. 

Just thinking out loud - you could always just turn up, tell the parking steward that you have and will be using an awning, so that he allows you that initial space. Then just pitch your tent(s) anyway. If wary of this, you could pitch them and then cover them over with a large cheap tarpaulin (I suggest Wickes as a cheap supplier of such an item) attached to the campervan and pegged down over the far side of the tent or tents. I'd say that the only people looking under that awning would be thieves and not staff. They're not going to give a fuck, surely?

I have no idea ref the camping area or strictness of camp site security. 

Beautiful days and Glastonbury have away let us pitch smallish tents AND awnings by the van but as it will be my friend who will be sleeping in the tent I don’t want to tell them it’s fine only for them to be told to piss off to the camp sites for tents. 

:) 

• 11 months later...