WE ARE FSTVL

TomO21

Hello, I am just looking for some in sight on We Are FSTVL. My friend got me a ticket and we dont know much about the festival? Reading the guidelines on the website it sees the security are really tight on alcohol coming into the festival? Any insight about the festival would be appreciated. Thanks.

5 hours ago, TomO21 said:

Hello, I am just looking for some in sight on We Are FSTVL. My friend got me a ticket and we dont know much about the festival? Reading the guidelines on the website it sees the security are really tight on alcohol coming into the festival? Any insight about the festival would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello Tom021,

I've looked at the site and can only see where it says that there are restrictions on what you can bring on to site, along with a total ban on bringing liquids in to the main arena. Where does it say or imply that security are tight?

Thanks for the reply. It was more that I had heard  the security were really strict and throwing lots of items away out of people’s bags and wanted to ask someone who had been to the festival if this was actually the case? Thanks 

3 hours ago, TomO21 said:

Thanks for the reply. It was more that I had heard  the security were really strict and throwing lots of items away out of people’s bags and wanted to ask someone who had been to the festival if this was actually the case? Thanks 

Oh OK, thanks for replying.

I'll send you a PM in a bit, which may be of some use to you. :)

On 5/10/2018 at 8:32 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh OK, thanks for replying.

I'll send you a PM in a bit, which may be of some use to you. :)

not the ' fly bevy in using a Drone advice ' ?

I see the bars are running a Token system - see

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/we-are-fstvl-2018-drinks-tokens-tickets-38225522567

I bet this will catch some out  ' Main Arena – Each day’s tokens can only be refunded at the end of the same day ' 

and some of these VIP prices are amazing { another name for taking the piss }

https://www.wearefstvl.com/tickets

spotted this under Terms and Conditions

23. Smoking is not permitted within your tent, accommodation unit or enclosed public spaces

Now that is a new one on me - 

4 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

spotted this under Terms and Conditions

23. Smoking is not permitted within your tent, accommodation unit or enclosed public spaces

Now that is a new one on me - 

:lol:

I'd guess that including that is about covering their arse if someone burns their own tent down, and probably cheaper liability insurance too.

Remember, modern life says that self-responsibility for burning your own tent down doesn't exist. It must be someone else's fault if it happens. :P

11 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

not the ' fly bevy in using a Drone advice ' ?

No, not that one. It is a method to smuggle drinks in to a venue though - well, a couple of methods actually. It would appear that FSTVL really don't allow people to take in a reasonable amount of alcohol in to the festival (and none at al in to the arena). I really don't like that kind of policy, if I'm honest. It smacks too much of profiteering to me, and goes against the ethos of what a festival should be, in my opinion. Certainly there should be bars etc, but I don't believe that people should be forced to use them. It should be a choice.

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

No, not that one. It is a method to smuggle drinks in to a venue though - well, a couple of methods actually. It would appear that FSTVL really don't allow people to take in a reasonable amount of alcohol in to the festival (and none at al in to the arena). I really don't like that kind of policy, if I'm honest. It smacks too much of profiteering to me, and goes against the ethos of what a festival should be, in my opinion. Certainly there should be bars etc, but I don't believe that people should be forced to use them. It should be a choice.

I know what you mean and it appears that once a person arrives they cant return to their car so they are really taking the piss - it claims ' Camping Customers ONLY can bring in either 6 cans of drink OR 1.5 litre carton of wine (sealed) into the campsite.'

Do they still do ' Party Seven Cans ' ? { for anyone who does not have a clue what I am on about - it was a giant can that had 7 pints of beer in it }

I don't drink much but I would be unhappy going to a venue as a Punter where there was strict limits on what I could take into the Camping site as certainly my friends could consume 6 or more cans per day and if those conditions were imposed if I was working I would skip it as it bugger all to do with the promoter what I may or may not drink in the camping area. 

as for access to a arena many Promoters know they can get far higher bar fees if they restrict what people can take in - this pushes up the drink price but the Promoters build that into their financial model and some claim they would run at a loss if they did not.

as you know Glastonbury and a few others don't have restrictions but many venues I work at all have restricted arena entry.

Beer.jpg.85c410528949a6373d0b13bdc041c104.jpg

Edited by glasto-worker

3 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

I know what you mean and it appears that once a person arrives they cant return to their car so they are really taking the piss - it claims ' Camping Customers ONLY can bring in either 6 cans of drink OR 1.5 litre carton of wine (sealed) into the campsite.'

Do they still do ' Party Seven Cans ' ? { for anyone who does not have a clue what I am on about - it was a giant can that had 7 pints of beer in it }

I don't drink much but I would be unhappy going to a venue as a Punter where there was strict limits on what I could take into the Camping site as certainly my friends could consume 6 or more cans per day and if those conditions were imposed if I was working I would skip it as it bugger all to do with the promoter what I may or may not drink in the camping area. 

as for access to a arena many Promoters know they can get far higher bar fees if they restrict what people can take in - this pushes up the drink price but the Promoters build that into their financial model and some claim they would run at a loss if they did not.

as you know Glastonbury and a few others don't have restrictions but many venues I work at all have restricted arena entry.

Beer.jpg.85c410528949a6373d0b13bdc041c104.jpg

I remember those cans. In fact, I have a strong memory of putting one in to the drum of a washing machine at a party that I went to. My logic at the time was that I'd drink all the other drink that I had on me, and return to the washing machine later. Unfortunately I can't recall if I ever did go back to that washing machine to retrieve it.

I understand the promoters coming out with the bar angle as part of the financial model, but personally would rather see a fraction more on the ticket price, than have the alcohol restrictions in place. However, I do like my drink, so would say that.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I remember those cans. In fact, I have a strong memory of putting one in to the drum of a washing machine at a party that I went to. My logic at the time was that I'd drink all the other drink that I had on me, and return to the washing machine later. Unfortunately I can't recall if I ever did go back to that washing machine to retrieve it.

I understand the promoters coming out with the bar angle as part of the financial model, but personally would rather see a fraction more on the ticket price, than have the alcohol restrictions in place. However, I do like my drink, so would say that.

yes I can see if you were smashed out your head ' it may make sense ' to hide it in a washing machine !!!

I think the last time I was in the O2 Arena { the former Millennium Dome } was a Roger Waters gig - could be in  2011 - walked to a Bar which was not very busy and the weakest lager they had was £8 odd - I just burst out laughing when the bartender asked me what I wanted - I just sat outside in the smoking area and had a smoke instead - no way would I pay £8 ' then or now ' - bracing myself over what it will be at the Stones gig in 8 days time at London Stadium.

they have you by the balls so really they can make up their rules as they go along.We also have tickets for Roger Waters Hyde Park which I have previously worked at - shame the WBC don't have the contract this time - below was the bar prices in 2012 so it will be interesting to see what they are now charging.

2012-wbc-7.thumb.jpg.d7b32a171a654939b12e17cad8ff4d24.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 9:12 AM, mattiosmith said:

I just bought a ticket for this last minute on Twickets, the T&C's on the e-ticket say you need ID with the same name that's on the ticket and the card that you bought the ticket with, is this actually likely to be enforced? 

You'll know by now I guess. I can hear it from my house, noisy stuff :)

On 5/27/2018 at 6:56 AM, whisty said:

You'll know by now I guess. I can hear it from my house, noisy stuff :)

I ended up just sticking our names on there in Photoshop but they didn't ask anyway. Was a good line up but bloody hell did they want to rinse you for your money, a fiver for 250ml of desperados is not good!

• 9 months later...

I'm looking for someone to come with me to WEAREFESTIVAL 2019, I have already brought my VIP tickets, VIP Camping too. Need to just buy the additional vip camping add on, pre-pitched tent or dome or something. There is still instalment available with deposit. Someone get in contact with me if you're up for coming with me! 

My names Paige Hayward, 24 years old. 

• 3 weeks later...