Jack White

JacquelineS

20 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think he would be if he could get Meg back and was billed as The White Stripes (the irony is that his shows seems to be mostly Stripes stuff anyway)

I was surprised to see tickets for his Hammersmith shows still available.

third night was added in front of the other two after they sold out. I would have gone to all 3 but it's just too expensive so I only got tickets to the 2 sold out shows.

21 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Would love to have him back headlining Other. That last set was definitely an anomaly for me - he's smashed it every other time I've seen him. 

I still enjoyed his shambolic set.

Wedged between Robert Plant and Metallica ....it was a great night.

Hopefully he will be back on Pyramid.

Preferably with Alison n Mosshart alongside him.

1 hour ago, BlackZeppelin said:

I still enjoyed his shambolic set.

Wedged between Robert Plant and Metallica ....it was a great night.

Hopefully he will be back on Pyramid.

Preferably with Alison n Mosshart alongside him.

I really enjoyed it too, always surprised when I see people slate it!

I was in a bit of a pickle myself though to be fair

*stood for half an hour brimming with excitement to see one of my favourite musicians and probably my favourite act who I was yet to see live*

*Jack White walks on stage, excitement intensifies to ridiculous levels*

*Jack White plays a lot of noise on his guitar that doesn't sound like anything in the world*

"What's going on here is he just messing around before he gets going or something?"

"YAAEEEICKYTHUMPWHOODATHUNKSIDDINDRUNKONAWAGONTOMEXICOOOOO"

"Oh he was actually trying to play one of his songs then?"

*Rince and repeat for 75 minutes*

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

*stood for half an hour brimming with excitement to see one of my favourite musicians and probably my favourite act who I was yet to see live*

*Jack White plays a lot of noise on his guitar that doesn't sound like anything in the world*

"What's going on here is he just messing around before he gets going or something?"

"YAAEEEICKYTHUMPWHOODATHUNKSIDDINDRUNKONAWAGONTOMEXICOOOOO"

"Oh he was actually trying to play one of his songs then?"

*Rince and repeat for 75 minutes*

I was up on stage so we got some of the foldback sound. Maybe that's why i didn't think it was so bad?

9 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I was up on stage so we got some of the foldback sound. Maybe that's why i didn't think it was so bad?

Maybe. It was obviously a while ago now so I don't remember it perfectly, but I remember not having a clue what he was even playing half the time. It seemed to be his actual guitar playing that was the problem, though, as opposed to the sound mix or anything.

15 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Maybe. It was obviously a while ago now so I don't remember it perfectly, but I remember not having a clue what he was even playing half the time. It seemed to be his actual guitar playing that was the problem, though, as opposed to the sound mix or anything.

Could have been that he was totally smashed like. I do remember the sound being all f*cked up for 'Seven Nation Army' because he left one of his pedals on that shouldn't have been.

4 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

it was his take on a 'Swamp Song' entrance. 

I still rate that '14 set as one of the best of the weekend. perfectly rough-around-the-edges. loved it. 

enjoyed White Stripes 1st time 2002 as well, it was The Dead Weather up at The Park in '09 that I thought was shambles.... passed on that the next year on Pyramid and I would rarely pass on any Jack White-affiliated set. 

Edited by tevaburger