Jack White

JacquelineS

Just got back from Shaky Knees Festival and Jack White's set was amazing! I was happy with how the new stuff mixed in with old and Jack was there to rock it out. I had exceptionally good tickets so was at the front of the crowd for everything and from my perspective the crowd was with him. It was fast paced and energetic.  (I read a complaint on the Shaky Knees FB site that the crowd sucked and Jack sucked. The complainer must have been at someone else's concert I dunno. His other complaint was how much of the new stuff there was which is just short sighted on said  reviewers part in my opinion. )

Set List: (Ha Ha! He has a female drummer! (Shades of Meg!)

I haven't listened to the new album much yet but I'll get around to it. He's one of those artists that can do no wrong imo. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point out how dissapointing his pyramid set was a few years ago but it waas early in the day which is a tough slot to play.

22 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Other stage headliner would be good I think. Or is he too big for that now? I don;t think he is. He's definitely not a Pyramid headliner anyway.

I think he would be if he could get Meg back and was billed as The White Stripes (the irony is that his shows seems to be mostly Stripes stuff anyway)

I was surprised to see tickets for his Hammersmith shows still available.

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was surprised to see tickets for his Hammersmith shows still available.

Because they're 60-effing quid.

However, 

16 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

That last set was definitely an anomaly for me - he's smashed it every other time I've seen him. 

so I've stumped up and I'll be there.

6 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I don't think he could call it The Whiter Stripes without meg being involved. Well, he could but I don't think he would.

Yes. Hypothetically their aesthetic and live dynamic could be replicated but it’d be a weird and disrespectful thing to do.

15 hours ago, Odessa said:

Question for big White Stripes fans, not that I think for a second this'll happen, but would a gig billed as The White Stripes with a different drummer than Meg be less enjoyable than an actual White Stripes gig with her? 

He does have a female drummer with him now. My first thought, "shades of Meg".