What Do You Think About Free Drug Testing At Music Festivals?

Amber H

A Free drug testing service would be great imo apparently last year at Boomtown they found that some pills were just concrete lol.. Imagine trying to go halves with your mates.... 

• Upvote 3

Should be a legal requirement for all dealers under the trades description act.

And whilst I'm ranting could the people who work for the trades description act do something about 'acts' who mime ?

Edited by mashedonmud

29 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

How do so many people manage to do degrees on people getting fucked up at music festivals? I was in college for 5 years and never once came across anyone doing a bloody thesis on this. But every day surveys are popping up here.

I don't know, but suspect that there are more universities, colleges etc offering Event Management courses. That's not the case here though because this is a dedicated music 'university'. I've not checked, but suspect that the entry requirements for BIMM University in London are

(1) That you can breath in and out on your own.

(2) That you can, or daddy can, pay for the course.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

In 2015/16 academic year, 60% of students at BIMM Limited’s UK colleges were admitted with qualifications other than A Levels, 4% of students were admitted through the accreditation of prior experimental learning (APEL), and 21% of students were aged over 21. 

So, to recap -

(1) That's 60% without A levels.

(2) And 21% who could display that they have indeed breathed in and out on their own for at least 21 years.

I rest my case. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

In 2015/16 academic year, 60% of students at BIMM Limited’s UK colleges were admitted with qualifications other than A Levels, 4% of students were admitted through the accreditation of prior experimental learning (APEL), and 21% of students were aged over 21. 

So, to recap -

(1) That's 60% without A levels.

(2) And 21% who could display that they have indeed breathed in and out on their own for at least 21 years.

I rest my case. 

What's wrong with people without A levels getting qualifications?

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

How do so many people manage to do degrees on people getting fucked up at music festivals? I was in college for 5 years and never once came across anyone doing a bloody thesis on this. But every day surveys are popping up here.

They would post them here. It's a music festival forum. If you frequented a farming forum, you'd see farming questionnaires. :D

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, Amber H said:
Hey, I'm doing a research project about free drug testing at music festivals. Would be great to have your opinion. It's anonymous and over 18's only please. Any other comments welcomed about your views on free drug testing at festivals. Cheers!

Well, that was easy.

All yes's - the whole way through.  Apart from 1 question at the end that didn't have a 'Yes' tickbox but my answer was... Yes.

email entered as notgivingyou@myemail.com

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Please point out to me exactly where I said that something was wrong with people without A levels getting qualifications? I can't even see how you have drawn this conclusion. 

Idk. If it wasn't a jibe then I'm not sure why u brought it up. :dontknow:

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Idk. If it wasn't a jibe then I'm not sure why u brought it up. :dontknow:

Thank you. I see where you are coming from now. Actually, it was indeed a jibe, but not at persons or people with no A Levels. It was a jibe at the commercial leech like aspect of some universities / colleges of further education. It was actually me saying that these places are failing people wholescale. They are snake oil salespeople. 

In support of the above, I would draw your attention to the following excerpt, taken from the 'Universities' own website;

This questionnaire is brought to you by BIMM University in London. This questionnaire is to help in the research question of “How will the widespread introduction of free drug testing affect the live music scene?” All questionnaires will remain anonymous.

Now, do you think that any college with an acceptable level of self pride in themselves would allow their student to come out with that statement, knowing that the survey could not be anonymous if it asks for an email address? No, it wouldn't. This student ( Amber H) is being 'institutionally' neglected, in my opinion - and I don't like that.  They seem to me to represent a 'shave it to the bone' level of education, but, at all costs, keep it profitable. 

As far as the following is concerned ((2) That you can, or daddy can, pay for the course) , it was more of a swipe, not at the student, but the parents. They are, yet again to me, not even accepting any responsibility for the overall education of their own children. Instead, they farm them out to these universities and colleges where you can just 'buy' a place. 

There's a lot more to it than that, but I reckon I've given a flavour of what I was thinking.

What disappoints me is that the vast majority of Events Management or Music students posting surveys on here about behaviour at festivals are newbies.  I would have hoped that some of them, if they were really into festivals, would have been on here anyway. In the same way I'd expect keen agricultural students to be on farming forums.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thank you. I see where you are coming from now. Actually, it was indeed a jibe, but not at persons or people with no A Levels. It was a jibe at the commercial leech like aspect of some universities / colleges of further education. It was actually me saying that these places are failing people wholescale. They are snake oil salespeople. 

In support of the above, I would draw your attention to the following excerpt, taken from the 'Universities' own website;

This questionnaire is brought to you by BIMM University in London. This questionnaire is to help in the research question of “How will the widespread introduction of free drug testing affect the live music scene?” All questionnaires will remain anonymous.

Now, do you think that any college with an acceptable level of self pride in themselves would allow their student to come out with that statement, knowing that the survey could not be anonymous if it asks for an email address? No, it wouldn't. This student ( Amber H) is being 'institutionally' neglected, in my opinion - and I don't like that.  They seem to me to represent a 'shave it to the bone' level of education, but, at all costs, keep it profitable. 

As far as the following is concerned ((2) That you can, or daddy can, pay for the course) , it was more of a swipe, not at the student, but the parents. They are, yet again to me, not even accepting any responsibility for the overall education of their own children. Instead, they farm them out to these universities and colleges where you can just 'buy' a place. 

There's a lot more to it than that, but I reckon I've given a flavour of what I was thinking.

I get what you're saying now. However tracing the journey of who is at fault for Amber H not adhering to proper research protocol seems a bit far. Besides, it seems obvious to me that the one who's letting this study down is the student who dropped a link to a survey and so far, over a quarter of the way into their research window, failed to check in and see why there were so few responses. :P

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I get what you're saying now. However tracing the journey of who is at fault for Amber H not adhering to proper research protocol seems a bit far. Besides, it seems obvious to me that the one who's letting this study down is the student who dropped a link to a survey and so far, over a quarter of the way into their research window, failed to check in and see why there were so few responses. :P

Well, I'm not so sure. I can't back this up with fact (Naturally!), but I have previously got the impression that a tutor has been involved in the majority of the surveys on here, and if they haven't , why haven't they? You can't tell me that a professional person in this field passed this survey off. That is, unless these 'ambassadors for further education' are running the teachers / lecturers, so ragged, that they don't know whether they are coming or going. What? In a further education establishment that's completely governed by profit?