Crew layout at Womad

glasto-worker

hi - a friend and I are trying out Oxfam for the very first time at Womad although we are veteran festival volunteers so we only need some specific information.

{1} how far is the Oxfam crew site from the crew parking area ?
{2} does the  Oxfam crew site run its own bar ? and if so what time does it close at ?

Thanks for any info you can supply.

I'm also doing WOMAD for first time but I doubt if Oxfam have a crew bar as people do different shifts and campsite needs to be fairly quiet. Did Latitude and Nozstock last year and there were no crew bars. Best to ask question on this link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/oxfamfestivalsteam/ 

14 minutes ago, moremi said:

I'm also doing WOMAD for first time but I doubt if Oxfam have a crew bar as people do different shifts and campsite needs to be fairly quiet. Did Latitude and Nozstock last year and there were no crew bars. Best to ask question on this link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/oxfamfestivalsteam/

Thanks for your post - WBC Production also operates 24 hours per day but noise in the crew bar has rarely upset anyone and the Mess tent is also open 24 hours per day - will just have to hope Specialized Security is working at Womad as I am sure they will have somewhere to go.It will be interesting.

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

there's a general crew bar just outside the of the main area, by the crew camping. I don't think that main crew camping is where oxfam camp (tho I'm not sure), but they can probably get to that bar.

Cheers for that - its a pain being at a Venue I have never been to before although I do know the WBC had the beer contract one year but I was getting Radiotherapy at the time so I had to skip it - it will be a adventure although it will take time to work out the layout but with any luck we will run into someone we know who is working there.

Last year, Oxfam crew camping was about 10 minutes walk from the Arboretum, kind of NWish of the meadow camping.  Oxfam don't provide a crew bar (we don't have a big enough crew), but there's usually a few people in the marquee having a tin or two.  The other crew bar is the other side of the arena from us, but it's not like the site is massive

2 hours ago, jfaragher said:

Last year, Oxfam crew camping was about 10 minutes walk from the Arboretum, kind of NWish of the meadow camping.  Oxfam don't provide a crew bar (we don't have a big enough crew), but there's usually a few people in the marquee having a tin or two.  The other crew bar is the other side of the arena from us, but it's not like the site is massive

Thanks - I will send out my friend and she can sniff out the places

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

No worries - see you there.  I'm going with Oxfam and  *should* be a driver, so if you see a bearded ginger bloke on the buggy, say hello.

SNAP -- Thanks I will be tempted to bring my own !!

1189191498_6_n(1).thumb.jpg.effb8ec9931c5e05f4e952b7005c8ae5.jpg2011-wbc-105.thumb.jpg.812b474f99fd88ee59331ba2e68b1f5b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 1:34 PM, glasto-worker said:

Cheers for that - its a pain being at a Venue I have never been to before although I do know the WBC had the beer contract one year but I was getting Radiotherapy at the time so I had to skip it - it will be a adventure although it will take time to work out the layout but with any luck we will run into someone we know who is working there.

Hi Glasto,

I get there tomorrow because I'm a shop volunteer so I'll have time to have a recce before you get there (I'm assuming that you're getting there Wednesday). Give me a shout when you arrive.

4 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Hi Glasto,

I get there tomorrow because I'm a shop volunteer so I'll have time to have a recce before you get there (I'm assuming that you're getting there Wednesday). Give me a shout when you arrive.

yes we will arrive ' close to Noon ' Wednesday - I have one of my team mates with me who will be doing the running about as I wont be running anywhere - in fact its unlikely I will wander much into the arena - if there is a big tree I will be sitting under it - this is where its so different between Oxfam and the WBC because with the WBC I have access to a huge fridge truck { very handy to keep drink and food cool } and if it really gets hot ' we used to kip under the fridge truck.' - With this heatwave I am not looking forward to it so I do hope I run into someone I know who is working one of the bars so I can keep cool - enjoy your time in the shop { you never know - they may have a fan }

24_o.thumb.jpg.1835dc3b0222caf6b928cc5ffef919bb.jpg

12 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

I think I have spoken to you before at Glastonbury but can't remember if it was in the Pyramid pit or camping in Tom's Field - will look out for you at Womad though I'm not working it.

Look forward to seeing you again. Hope you have a fantastic festival 

On 7/23/2018 at 9:49 PM, Losing my hair said:

Hi Glasto,

it was great to run into you - in fact there was a fair number of efest posters that did say high. Over time I hope to be more mobile although I was glad of a lift from the Oxfam Top man late last night as I was worried I would not make it though the mud { not up to Glasto standards but with having to use a walking stick any bit of mud is tricky } - glad the shop went well and I hope you got back ok.

Edited by glasto-worker