Brown or Orange campsite? Need advice- Reading 2018

aquarianraver

Hello,

I previously made a post about campsites at Reading... However, as the summer nears, I have more enquiries haha.

The group I am going with (around 13+ people, all age 17), are all relatively peaceful and don't want to be in the really rowdy campsites. With that being said, we still want to have fun and don't want to feel to withdrawn from the action. We had agreed on brown campsite, after reading it was relatively peaceful whilst also being fun? Upon research, some of our group have decided that they want to be in orange campsite as it has a silent disco and is closer to the action! Honestly, what is orange campsite like (how crowded, toilets, noise levels etc..)? Festivals are festivals and there will always be people off their heads being rowdy, no matter where you camp; however, some are worse and tend to be more turbulent haha. 

I don't want to argue the toss for brown if it isn't much better than orange, I've heard that brown is quiet, so on one hand that's good but my group is young and quite loud, so if it's full of families then maybe we should go to orange? 

I'm just in need of some advice, so any info on the two camps would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by aquarianraver

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2018 at 1:39 PM, aquarianraver said:

Hello,

I previously made a post about campsites at Reading... However, as the summer nears, I have more enquiries haha.

The group I am going with (around 13+ people, all age 17), are all relatively peaceful and don't want to be in the really rowdy campsites. With that being said, we still want to have fun and don't want to feel to withdrawn from the action. We had agreed on brown campsite, after reading it was relatively peaceful whilst also being fun? Upon research, some of our group have decided that they want to be in orange campsite as it has a silent disco and is closer to the action! Honestly, what is orange campsite like (how crowded, toilets, noise levels etc..)? Festivals are festivals and there will always be people off their heads being rowdy, no matter where you camp; however, some are worse and tend to be more turbulent haha. 

I don't want to argue the toss for brown if it isn't much better than orange, I've heard that brown is quiet, so on one hand that's good but my group is young and quite loud, so if it's full of families then maybe we should go to orange? 

I'm just in need of some advice, so any info on the two camps would be greatly appreciated!

Brown is much quieter than orange. Orange is the best bet if you don't want to be super-rowdy IMO.

From experience, I'd say (top to bottom, rowdy to Cornwall):

Yellow/Green
Orange
Red
Purple
Brown
White

Silent disco from Brown is a 5-10 min walk, no big deal.