Glastonbury and hookah waterpipe?

MaaykeDutch

Hi All,

My name is Maayke from The Netherlands. This week I bought a small pink hookah like this one: Pink Waterpipe

This Juni i'm on holiday in the UK and will visit the Glastonbury festival :D My question is: Is it allowed to take with me this waterpipe? I won't smoke drugs or tabacco only Steamstones. It's so much fun with a little drink and good music. But I don't want to lose it by the security, thank you all for the information!

Kind regards, 

Maayke

Edited by eFestivals
removing spammy link

O My God............ You are right.. I'm staying in england in the house of my brother in law and was planning to go to the glastonbury festival but I did not noticed that it is in 2019?!?!

I will stay there from June 20th till 7th of July.

I did the check on http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals but I had the date from 2018 till 2019 :(

And why do you think I spam?! Just a link to example the waterpipe I bought.. the don't ship to England so how is spam posible. So still the same question but then on a other festival like.. Supersonic Festival .. is it allowed to have a waterpipe in england / festivals?

Is there a reason why there is no Glastonbury this year.. Every year accept this year :sorry::sorry:

Edited by eFestivals
changed spammy link

17 minutes ago, MaaykeDutch said:

I'm staying in england in the house of my brother in law and was planning to go to the glastonbury festival but I did not noticed that it is in 2019?!?!

even if it was this year, if you don't already have a ticket sorted you wouldn't be going. It sells out in October before a band is announced.

19 minutes ago, MaaykeDutch said:

And why do you think I spam?! Just a link to example the waterpipe I bought

because you seem keen on posting to a place that sells. I've just changed it to a picture, so it's all good. :)

21 minutes ago, MaaykeDutch said:

is it allowed to have a waterpipe in england / festivals?

Depends what's in it. The UK has banned what used to be called 'legal highs', and if security can't be sure that it's not illegal, security can often be over-officious.

22 minutes ago, MaaykeDutch said:

Is there a reason why there is no Glastonbury this year.. Every year accept this year :sorry::sorry:

it's been having break years for all of its 48 years. Nowadays the break is every 6th year.

Hmm so legal highs is the policy so if I can ensure them that its not for weed but for fun it is no problem in England? In the netherlands its no problem at all these waterpipe. Only the types i the shape of a bong are not allowed, thats why I ask the question. Maybe it was naive to think it was posible to get tickets sometimes you can have some luck with festivals to buy tickets from people who can't go anymore. But when there is no 2018 edition (omg) then it would be hard :(

Still going to England these dates, hope to find a other festival then. It's in the middle of the season so that wont be a problem I think. 

I just googled Steamstones (cos I didn't know what it was) and see that it's legal - so i theory it shouldn't be a problem.

However, the pipe might get you noticed and have security come and check out what you're doing, and they might not know what you're doing is legal.

18 minutes ago, MaaykeDutch said:

sometimes you can have some luck with festivals to buy tickets from people who can't go anymore

Glastonbury prints the ticket buyers photo on the ticket.

You won't get it in because if it's a good Shisha pipe it'll be glass at the bottom. And they don't let glass on the site lest you, or anyone, smashes it over someones head. 

There are shisha places at the festival though. 

Edit: Looked at pic. It's glass. Not a chance. 

Edited by Uncle Liam