adamski

On Blackheath

I only went to see Grace, she was sensational and I had managed to get to the front so didn't really care about anything else.

Enjoyed Rag'n'Bone Man while waiting for Grace, and UB40 earlier were OK but would rather they'd played more of their early stuff.  Disappointing that Aswad were on in the second stage tent before UB40 had finished, lot of people wanted to see both so that was crap scheduling.

I didn't have a problem with toilets, there were indeed big queues at the loos by the second stage tent but I walked on down past the food stalls and there were loads more loos there and no queues at all.  I wasn't drinking as I had to drive, so not inconvenienced there either.

Thanks @Fishman for the travel advice, spot on and we actually had acres of time, ending up on the last train that would have got us nearer home after all!  But to be on the safe side we travelled from Reading as there are later trains.  Just meant a longer drive home but worth it for peace of mind. 

The whole business of no readmission plus the restrictions on bag size didn't affect us, but must have inconvenienced people with children especially. 

One annoying thing was that some people had brought those inflatable sofa things into the main stage area, and they took up masses of room.  If they're not allowing people to bring chairs in, those things should be banned too.  Send some stewards round with pins on long sticks  😉

• Upvote 1