adamski

On Blackheath

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, Fishman said:

Day 2 of grimness ...

on blackheath line-up 2.jpg

Aaaah! It's so bad!

Alien Ninja Pirate Dinosaur Party is one of the best looking things on that lineup.

Seemed well attended from the photos on Facebook despite the horrendous line up.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

So did anyone from here go then? Are they willing to admit it and give us a report? Was it busy?

(I know that they were giving away free tickets in the Hare & Billet on Friday night).

9 hours ago, Fishman said:

So did anyone from here go then? Are they willing to admit it and give us a report? Was it busy?

(I know that they were giving away free tickets in the Hare & Billet on Friday night).

Didn't go myself, but I know quite a few local people who did. Was asked about it a couple of times, and said I didn't fancy the line up. Got strange looks for that, obviously the people asking didn't go for the music, just to drink in the park.... 

18 hours ago, adamski said:

Didn't go myself, but I know quite a few local people who did. Was asked about it a couple of times, and said I didn't fancy the line up. Got strange looks for that, obviously the people asking didn't go for the music, just to drink in the park.... 

If I want to drink the park I'll go to the Princess of Wales where I won't get charged 70 quid for the privilege.

1 minute ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Can imagine it seeing something of a shift.

yeah. I suspect it's been bought because it's another London festival site, rather than because Festival Republic thinks the format is right.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Interesting, wasn’t expecting it to return after the shitshow that was this year’s lineup.

because of the date of that doc, it suggests that FR swooped in to 'rescue' it (with funds, i'm guessing).

Tho as I've said, I suspect it was more about getting the use of that site rather than something about the festival itself. It might not have been the cheapest way of doing that, but there's perhaps enough advantages to make it worthwhile overall.

Anyone know if this is actually happening this year? Or was last year's clusterfuck of a lineup enough to kill it stone dead?

Thought something might be in the offing with FR taking it over last year.

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Anyone know if this is actually happening this year? Or was last year's clusterfuck of a lineup enough to kill it stone dead?

Thought something might be in the offing with FR taking it over last year.

if it is, i could see suede or primal scream playing it (if they went back to previous years headline types)

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

announcement imminent.

Tomorrow I presume?

Shame this festival went to shit. We had a great time in 2015 and 2016. Hope they come up with a return to form. Suede would be perfect headliners. 

8 hours ago, DDave said:

Shame this festival went to shit. We had a great time in 2015 and 2016. Hope they come up with a return to form. Suede would be perfect headliners. 

in theory it should improve as it's now under Live Nation. Then again, i've heard a few stories in the last year about their backroom bookers so it might be pants.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

in theory it should improve as it's now under Live Nation. Then again, i've heard a few stories in the last year about their backroom bookers so it might be pants.

when do they normaly release the lineup? 

On 4/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, eFestivals said:

announcement imminent.

<Taps watch>