On Blackheath

adamski

Was wondering if this was going to happen this year, as it's my local festival and was giving up hope. But they updated their facebook page this morning. Looks like it'll be on the 8th and 9th of September. No more information yet though......

7 minutes ago, adamski said:

Was wondering if this was going to happen this year, as it's my local festival and was giving up hope. But they updated their facebook page this morning. Looks like it'll be on the 8th and 9th of September. No more information yet though......

That's good (and suprising news). It's a great festival. Might give it a look again if the line up is something akin to the quality of the 2016 edition.

10 minutes ago, adamski said:

Not too sure who will play. I have a sneaking suspicion it might be Kaiser chiefs. I'd like to see suede there, they've just announced a new album, so might be a good shout.

The promoters are (were?) Crosstown Concerts and their website lists a number of their "we have promoted" artists.

Leading the way for picnic blanket brigade we have the likes of George Ezra; Jack Savoretti; Lana Del Rey & Snow Patrol. In the 'more up my street, but will they shift tickets in Blackheath' category we have Courtney Barnett; Dream Wife; EITS; Jack White; Justice; M83; Nick Cave; PJ Harvey; Savages & Super Furries. And then in the 'oh god, it's going to be them' category we have Franz Ferdinand; Noel Gallagher & THFB; Teenage Fan Club; Vaccines & The Wombats.

Take your pick!

I’d say Franz look nailed on, think they’re at the Roundhouse around that time too.. Supporting NGHFB wouldn’t shock me, I know Noel’s playing Greenwich in July but he seems everywhere this summer. My guess would be:

Saturday:

NGHFB

Franz Ferdinand

Vaccines

Sunday:

Snow Patrol

George Ezra

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Finally going to go this year too, it’s a 15-20 walk away from mine but have always been away when it’s on.

The festival is very full of people who go 'cos it's 15-20 minutes walk away, often with buggies! And not many can afford to live closer.

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Don't think Florence is playing any so far is she?

No. Bit too big for it I reckon. 

The Streets are another who haven't got any festival dates booked and the promoters have just announced their run of gigs next year. Not sure it's their kind of crowd though.